Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

GIVE RAFA A CHANCE

Read 1573 times
      NWA
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 218 posts |
      GIVE RAFA A CHANCE
      Jan 13, 2007 11:50:07 am
      I hate it when i hear these empty minded people calling for his head. People seem to think he is not making Liverpool any better but you got to trust the man because what he is doing is the complete oposite to Chelsea.. he is making this club into a club which can compete in the long term rather than short term.
      We just got to be patient because this club not got that much money.

Ok Rafa has spent £94m and you expect him to win the Premiership with that sort of money but now to win the Premiership you really do have to spend big and Liverpool can't do that. For example Rooney & Rio nearly £60m between them.. Drogba & Shevchenko £54m between them.. we can't do that right now so we just have to be patient.

If you look at the youth then you can understand what Rafa is trying to do.. he is bringing in young stars but like he said Liverpool have only just started investing in youths for 2 years now where as Arsenal have been investing in youths for over 10 years.

I don't expect us to win any silverware this year and that is normal.. you can't always win things all the time.
      But next season i will expect a lot more with DIC
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: GIVE RAFA A CHANCE
      Reply #1: Jan 13, 2007 12:11:17 pm
      I hate it when I hear these empty minded people calling for his head. People seem to think he is not making Liverpool any better but you got to trust the man because what he is doing is the complete oposite to Chelsea.. he is making this club into a club which can compete in the long term rather than short term.

Ok Rafa has spent £94m and you expect him to win the Premiership with that sort of money but now to win the Premiership you really do have to spend big and Liverpool can't do that. For example Rooney & Rio nearly £60m between them.. Drogba & Shevchenko £54m between them.. we can't do that right now so we just have to be patient.

If you look at the youth then you can understand what Rafa is trying to do.. he is bringing in young stars but like he said Liverpool have only just started investing in youths for 2 years now where as Arsenal have been investing in youths for over 10 years.

I don't expect us to win any silverware this year and that is normal.. you can't always win things all the time.
      But next season I will expect a lot more with DIC
      No one is calling for his head. We all want the best for Liverpool but sometimes there is a bit of frustration. Yes. He's spent £94,000,000 and I was suprised myself. But he didn't spend it all in one season like Chelsea would. Now we all have to remain calm and patient. Leave it up to the big man and the board and lets see what happens.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #2: Jan 13, 2007 05:54:14 pm
      I hate it when I hear these empty minded people calling for his head. People seem to think he is not making Liverpool any better but you got to trust the man because what he is doing is the complete oposite to Chelsea.. he is making this club into a club which can compete in the long term rather than short term.

But next season I will expect a lot more with DIC

I think you are over reacting a bit, and I will tell you why you are overreacting, its because of the over sensationalism that Sky and other media report in order to get some drama out of the situation to increase viewing figures. Rafa has a job to do and I know he will do it to the best of his ability, sometimes you win sometimes you lose, and Rafa has had some just critisim laid at his door over the Tuesday night game. He has admited that the Carling Cup is just not a priority for Liverpool Football Club, but having said that his team selection could have been somewhat stronger and thought through a little better, as well as the tactics. Sometimes coaches get it wrong and sometimes they get it right, thats football but from where Im standing and from what Im reading around the various boards and fan blogs there are very few fans who are actually calling for his head very very few.
      Pooly
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #3: Jan 13, 2007 07:06:15 pm
      I'd like to tell my opinion about Rafa.
      Right from the started I think that he's the best, and he does his job very well.
      He knows exactly why he does what he does. He'd already verified that for many times..
      I agree with his politics, I mean that young talents are very important. They can settle in the PL easily than an experienced player, who played ages in other league. And of course they aren't so expensive.
      Not at last the players like him, and believe in him. The trust is so important, and I, as a big liverpool supporter, believe in him too. Sometimes I don't agree with his decisions, but I know he is a good manager.
      And as a good manager he makes an impression on his players. The respect is reciprocal.
      It's true, we hadn't won the pl yet, but we still have time...anyway we won the champions league  >:D

But that's just my opinion..

GOOOOOO reds ;)

marko
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #4: Jan 13, 2007 10:02:20 pm
      everybody makes mistakes at work and you learn from them and try to work harder and thats what i think rafa is all about honest hard work and giving it your all,i have 100% faith in him to take us on to greater things.arsenal game was a right kick in the teeth but sh*t happens and its how you respond that counts.keep the faith redmen. ;)
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #5: Jan 14, 2007 11:10:19 am
      I'd like to tell my opinion about Rafa.
      Right from the started I think that he's the best, and he does his job very well.
      He knows exactly why he does what he does. He'd already verified that for many times..
      I agree with his politics, I mean that young talents are very important. They can settle in the PL easily than an experienced player, who played ages in other league. And of course they aren't so expensive.
      Not at last the players like him, and believe in him. The trust is so important, and I, as a big liverpool supporter, believe in him too. Sometimes I don't agree with his decisions, but I know he is a good manager.
      And as a good manager he makes an impression on his players. The respect is reciprocal.
      It's true, we hadn't won the pl yet, but we still have time...anyway we won the champions league  >:D

But that's just my opinion..

GOOOOOO reds ;)

We should have just enough time to win the PL, and ad you said we have won the Champions League under Rafa already. I think if we get some experianced players in next season i.e Carew, Raul... maybe we can give the Chavs and Man Utd a huge threatening.

Quick Reply