Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Fowler new contract

Read 3656 times
      lukey loves liverpool
      • Forum Dean Saunders
      • Started Topic

• 63 posts |
      Fowler new contract
      Apr 16, 2006 12:39:32 pm
      the board are clearly taking to long over the decision to give robbie a new contract. wat is there to discuss he is clearly an assit to the team and has already opened his account with three goals in a few games.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Fowler new contract
      Reply #1: Apr 16, 2006 05:18:39 pm
      Make that four...

The first time he has scored in three consecutive Premiership matches since 1997 - when Robbie was 22.  Don't tell me he is over the hill.  :evil:
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Fowler new contract
      Reply #2: Apr 16, 2006 06:35:28 pm
      Get that pen out Rafa !!!!!
      giddy76
      • Forum John Toshack

• 263 posts |
      Fowler new contract
      Reply #3: Apr 16, 2006 08:12:28 pm
      Yes! Yes! Yes! Get that contract verified and signed.

Robbie's improved loads since coming back to us and he's never lost that natural goal scoring ability.

He's a keeper!
      kopalg
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Fowler new contract
      Reply #4: Apr 16, 2006 08:43:09 pm
      He has got to stay. Rafa's shrewd. I think he will see that Cisse and Morientes are the one's to go.
       :D
      thanquol
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Fowler new contract
      Reply #5: Apr 17, 2006 01:18:19 am
      There's nothing to hesitate over!

:arrow: Fowler is our best striker - no doubt!
      LFC_FOREVA
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 161 posts |
      Fowler new contract
      Reply #6: Apr 17, 2006 09:15:43 am
      Definatley without a doubt ! i still think cisse would be a loss if he went.... but he could easily be replaced unlike Robbie who is reqal legend and he better get his contract soon rafa  :evil:  :evil:  :evil: !  :D  :D  :D
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1647 
      Fowler new contract
      Reply #7: Apr 17, 2006 11:04:38 am
      Robbies the best striker without a doubt, whats taking rafa so long on that contract.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Fowler new contract
      Reply #8: Apr 18, 2006 08:53:13 am
      i hope he gets a contract and i think he will but I can only see him being a squad player but i think robbie will be happy with that!!

Everyones a winner!!
      Rushie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 255 posts | -3 
      Fowler new contract
      Reply #9: Apr 18, 2006 01:24:37 pm
      I have heard a lot of rumours about Kuyt recently.

I think the reds have him lined up for a move, and the delay in giving a contract to Fowler is because they are unsure if they can get rid of Cisse.

Pongo also looks destined to be returning to Anfield so that would leave us with 6 potential first team strikers.  Way too many.

I expect us to buy a striker before the world cup, and then maybe offload Cisse and/or Morientes after it.  Keep Robbie though.  Maybe a pay and play contract??
      Garcia10
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Fowler new contract
      Reply #10: Apr 18, 2006 02:31:03 pm
      it goes with out saying really fowler has to stay & bring in aguero aswell.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1647 
      Fowler new contract
      Reply #11: Apr 19, 2006 01:19:18 pm
      Quote from: "Rushie"

I think the reds have him lined up for a move, and the delay in giving a contract to Fowler is because they are unsure if they can get rid of Cisse.

Pongo also looks destined to be returning to Anfield so that would leave us with 6 potential first team strikers.  Way too many.

I expect us to buy a striker before the world cup, and then maybe offload Cisse and/or Morientes after it.  Keep Robbie though.  Maybe a pay and play contract??
      well pongo's said he will have to leave if he doesn't get 1st team football next season, i'm hopin cisse is out on arse in the summer, nando might get 1 more year to prove he can do for us,pongo possibly out on loan again? Fowler i'm hoping will get at least another year with us so thats 4 strikers which is enough, don't forget mellors coming back at the end of this season.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Re: Fowler new contract
      Reply #12: Jan 27, 2007 01:09:48 am

Pongo also looks destined to be returning to Anfield so that would leave us with 6 potential first team strikers.  Way too many.

I expect us to buy a striker before the world cup, and then maybe offload Cisse and/or Morientes after it.  Keep Robbie though.  Maybe a pay and play contract??

Psychic b***ard!

Anyway, this season and back to the Robbie Fowler contract situation.

He's not getting a new one is he.  It's a real shame he didn't rekindle some of his fire - his goals at Galatasaray showed that he can still do it.  Any other season we would have been hit by big injuries up front, but this season we haven't (due to Rafa's squad rotation?).  He hasn't had a sniff of the first team really.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #13: Jan 27, 2007 05:06:29 am
      Yeah it is a shame about Robbie and is very unlikely he'll get a new offer. It was great to see him back in the red shirt again and to be fair to him he did do the business when he played. Maybe he deserved a better run in the team but rafa had his reasons and I hope before the season ends we will see more of him. He is still a great predator in the box!
      Kernow-Kop
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 80 posts |
      Reply #14: Jan 27, 2007 04:05:17 pm
      fowler to stay with out a doubt. hes still one of the best finishers in the game (if he got to prove it more) but more so, hes a great inspiration to the team. he has a HUGE passion for the club, just look how keen he was too sign on the dotted line, and how committed he was to get back to fitness after signing (as leeds and man c fed him afew toomany pies i think)
      his passion and commitment can only inspire the squad and make them realize that they too should be proud and privilege to wear the red shirt.
      ozzyred
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts |
      Reply #15: Jan 27, 2007 04:29:08 pm
      i hope he does get a new contract he deserves to finish his carear at anfield and not at any other  teams
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #16: Jan 27, 2007 04:32:53 pm
      I can't see a new contract being offered.
      Personally, I think he'll retire if he doesn't get offered one, and who know's - maybe he will be kept on as a strikers coach of some sorts ?
      Whatever happens, Thanks Robbie !!!!
      banksiemagic
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #17: Jan 27, 2007 05:32:16 pm
      Yes! Yes! Yes! Get that contract verified and signed.

Robbie's improved loads since coming back to us and he's never lost that natural goal scoring ability.

He's a keeper!

that's where we've been going wrong! i though he was a striker!!
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #18: Jan 27, 2007 11:56:54 pm
      that's where we've been going wrong! I though he was a striker!!

Haha well spotted banksie, maybe he's goldmember from Austin Powers - "this ones a keeper"
      Cy
      Reply #19: Jan 28, 2007 10:21:58 am
      Robbie is a living legend, no doubt. But to offering a new contract, now I can't see that happening. I'm convinced that he will stay at the club, maybe involve in coaching or scouting for us. He is still a great super sub for any squad, but it will all depends on the Cisse situation (hopefully he'll stay at marseille).

« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2007 10:22:29 am by Cy »
      gerrard8
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts |
      Reply #20: Feb 11, 2007 08:37:26 pm
      fowler legend in our hearts keep him going

Quick Reply