Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 6th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W0 D1 L2

Clubs going into Administration should we help?

Read 1180 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Clubs going into Administration should we help?
      Apr 30, 2009 04:25:59 pm
      Stockport go into administration

League One Stockport County have gone into administration.

John Titley and Paul Reeves of Manchester-based accountancy firm Leonard Curtis said they had been appointed as joint administrators.

Titley said: "We are keen to work with the board to explore all possible solutions to ensure the club's future prospects are protected.

"We are extremely hopeful we will find a buyer for the club and are already aware of expressions of interest."

Stockport have been fighting to avoid the option of administration but their level of debt, with one creditor owed £300,000, has made it unavoidable.

The club face a 10-point deduction by the Football League.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/stockport/8027353.stm#

Unfortunatly another lower team is dying. This time Stockport County.
      So is it time for the bigger teams like us to get involved, take over these smaller teams and use them to play a reserve squad aka Ajax and others, if so which local lower league team would we, for want of a better phrase, takeover/save.
      Personally I have a soft spot for Crewe, and if so what would they be called? Crewe, or Liverpool B. I remember a few years ago Ajax played Ajax B in their Cup Final! (the A team won)
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: Clubs going into Administration should we help?
      Reply #1: Apr 30, 2009 06:10:14 pm
      I'm absolutely gutted for County. A few of my good mates are very loyal fans of them and they are the local club where I'm from. I really hope they find a buyer.

Quick Reply