Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Bring Back Milan, Rafa

Read 4202 times
      fanatic dee
      • Forum Paul Walsh
      • Started Topic

• 114 posts |
      Bring Back Milan, Rafa
      Jan 13, 2007 11:15:40 pm
      With all speculation about Milan Baros moving away from Villa Park, get a fourth quality striker in Rafa.
      He's probably going to go cheaply, international class, never should have gone, one of the most popular foreign forwards in recent seasons with the Kop, helped us win the European Cup, never given a proper chance, disgarded too hastily.
               This not a frivolous spout, I genuinely believe he will make a big difference, he now fits into our style of play and can bring other players in the game with his movement and pace. 
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2007 12:53:27 pm by fanatic dee »
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Re: Bring Back Milan Rafa
      Reply #1: Jan 14, 2007 12:14:41 am
      interesting viewpoint, I dont think it will happen though. IMHO he just ran forward with his head down too much and not looking around enough, he has tried to improve this part of his game and this was evident against the SCUM today, but I dont feel bringing him back would sort out our problems at the moment thats a much deeper issue.
      ozzyred
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts |
      Reply #2: Jan 14, 2007 08:28:47 am
      i thnik we should bring him back he was one of our best players in 2004-05 and top scorer
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #3: Jan 14, 2007 09:08:40 am
      Always liked Milan, even though he did run with his head down all the time !!   ;) 
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #4: Jan 14, 2007 10:31:55 am
      Always liked Milan, even though he did run with his head down all the time !!   ;) 
      Yeah, head down straight into a brick wall of defenders...  ;D
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #5: Jan 14, 2007 12:43:46 pm
      I can not believe some of you are saying bring back baros, I'm sorry but he is sh*t, he does not have that 1st touch and that what all good strikers need all he could do was knock it forward and run, so defenders just lay ed of him a yard or two and they could pick the ball up easy, his passing is crap, best thing we did with baros was sell him
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #6: Jan 14, 2007 12:58:42 pm
      Sorry we need players to take us forward and improve us.
      Milan had his chance, yes at times he played well but he will not drive us closer to the title.
      CARRA101
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Reply #7: Jan 14, 2007 04:49:05 pm
      i dont believe this thread what are you thinking milan baros quote by fanatic dee international class are you having a laugh mate hes a load of sh*te whts he done at villa
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #8: Jan 14, 2007 04:55:31 pm
      not a lot? never has done, never will do, plain and simple not good enough for Villa not good enough for us :action-smiley-027:
      ozzyred
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts |
      Reply #9: Jan 14, 2007 05:44:57 pm
      i think that we should bring baros back because he is a excellent player and he was always played good at liverpool
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #10: Jan 14, 2007 07:15:22 pm
      I think that we should bring baros back because he is a excellent player and he was always played good at liverpool

Sorry mate for an out and out strker an average goal ratio of 1 in 4 for us was never enough for us
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #11: Jan 14, 2007 07:26:50 pm
      What a load of sh*te, if your gonna create a topic please think b4 you do so !

Why oh why would we/Rafa ever bring him back, for his devastating finishing !??????????
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Reply #12: Jan 14, 2007 11:12:54 pm
      Baros is a poor player, not good enough for Anfield. We spent long enough under Mr. Houillier bringing mediocrity to the club, we now need quality to drive the club on.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #13: Jan 15, 2007 12:33:41 am
      Who the hell is Milan Rafa ???

Seriously, he was a decent player but not great.  He was also the big I am.  We gave him his career and when he wasn't first name on the teamsheet he started getting a titty-lip on.  A bit ball-greedy if I remember rightly. 

Crouch and Bellamy are on form.  They will see us through to the end of the season.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #14: Jan 15, 2007 07:42:30 am
      I always liked Milan, I think if we didnt sign Cisse we would still have him, We had to play Cisse because of the price we paid for him, I would have no Issues if we signed him back!! :)
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #15: Jan 15, 2007 12:48:44 pm
      I know its all about personal preference but you must be joking, Baros was like a chicken on speed (no ive never seen one).
      What next bring back Sean Dundee as well and pair them up.
                                                          League
      Years          Club                        Apps     (goals)
      1998-2001  FC Baník Ostrava         76         (23)
      2002-2005  Liverpool                    69        (19)
      2005-         Aston Villa                  40         (9)

His International record is better (29 in 51 games) but he's not what I would call deadly.

« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2007 12:51:25 pm by Glenbuck »
      fanatic dee
      • Forum Paul Walsh
      • Started Topic

• 114 posts |
      Re: Bring Back Milan, Rafa
      Reply #16: Jan 15, 2007 12:55:13 pm

Title modified smart ass
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #17: Jan 15, 2007 01:08:49 pm
      I can not believe some of you are saying bring back baros, I'm sorry but he is sh*t, he does not have that 1st touch and that what all good strikers need all he could do was knock it forward and run, so defenders just lay ed of him a yard or two and they could pick the ball up easy, his passing is crap, best thing we did with baros was sell him

Seconded
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #18: Jan 15, 2007 09:14:19 pm
      hi guys, it's been awhile :D

i personally do not fancy baros,  but the thing i would like to point out here is we shouldn't be buying back players who's left us that's like getting back an ex who's already been screwed someone else after us. robbie was some sort of desperate measure at that time and anyway his legendary status made it look alrite. bringing back mediocre players like baros? it's almost the same like bringing back el hadji diouf or emile heskey. no, we shouldn't bring back ex-players. they've had their time. and same goes to owen.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #19: Jan 15, 2007 09:19:41 pm
      Hi Joe, where you been hiddin then ?  Nice to have you back, i agree with you, I used to like Milan but wouldnt have him back, dont believe in going backwards, when players leave they go for a reason !   ;) ;D   (Except Robbie of course !)
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #20: Jan 15, 2007 11:16:16 pm
      Baros is sh*te, we've been here before Baros, Cisse and when Kewell comes back and does F**k all 'cos he's a big tart I will be the first on here to say I told you so!!!

Buy players that will win a Championship, Buy players that would get into Uniteds side and we might over take them.................... .............Just a thought.
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #21: Jan 16, 2007 03:43:44 pm

THE BETIS NEGOTIATES WITH THE AGENTS OF THE CZECH MILAN BAROS
      He continues himself speaking of lateral, although Luis Fernandez thinks about other things. For example in a forward, because although there are several important names in the group (Sobis, Robert, Edu, Dani, Fernando…) the certain thing is that they mark very little and thus is made complicated win. Then, according to it has been able to know muchodeporte, at the Jabugo street has arrived the offer from the agents of Milan Baros (25 years), the Czech forward of the Aston Villa who made race in the Premier League with the Liverpool and that being a great player, does not happen through its better moments, in fact it does not enjoy the unquestionable titularidad (16 played parties, nine like titling, seven like substitute and a single goal) in the villains, of there the interest in leaving. The Villarreal also was hefting this interesting option, but it has taken off of bids up it. It is a real possibility to which there will be to be kind.
      www.muchodeporte.com
      gerrard8
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts |
      Reply #22: Feb 11, 2007 08:51:11 pm
      never liked him but very fast player

Quick Reply