Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea Pre and Post Match thread

Read 18478 times
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea Pre and Post Match thread
      Reply #92: Jan 20, 2007 08:58:43 pm
      OMG guys, what a result today, i've been in work and just got home, cant wait for Football First tonight, i had text messages galore while i was in work and couldnt listen to a radio or even see on TV, very frustrating i'll tell you.  I rang my mum with 2 mins to go and she put her radio next to my phone and i could hear the Kop singing loud and clear  ;D   I wil never never never ever work again on a match day like this again, i couldnt get today off at all so was gutted when i had to work.  Oh well, i've booked 3rd March off already  ;) ;D   So come on guys tell me all about it  ;D ;D ;D     
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #93: Jan 20, 2007 09:28:35 pm
      OMG guys, what a result today, I've been in work and just got home, cant wait for Football First tonight, I had text messages galore while I was in work and couldnt listen to a radio or even see on TV, very frustrating I'll tell you.  I rang my mum with 2 mins to go and she put her radio next to my phone and I could hear the Kop singing loud and clear  ;D   I wil never never never ever work again on a match day like this again, I couldnt get today off at all so was gutted when I had to work.  Oh well, I've booked 3rd March off already  ;) ;D   So come on guys tell me all about it  ;D ;D ;D     

Oh right...

So it's you then is it.  You're the big jinx after all.

As far as I'm concerned you need to make sure you are working every single time the reds play for the rest of this season.  We will really have a shot at the title then! ;)

It was superb Smigger - the goals are on the website (and here in the Forum) if you can't wait.  Totally outclassed them first half - could have had more.  Pennant's goal - gobsmacked I was!  Kuyt was brilliant - Alonso was a legend.  Thoroughly impressive ballsy display.  Mourinho had no answer - we made them look like clowns.  They improved a bit in the second half - but we still took the piss out of them.

Oh and they got away with what should have been a Liverpool penalty too.  No surprise there then.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #94: Jan 20, 2007 09:36:08 pm
      I'll try and work every game till the end of the season  ;) ;D  Just had a peep at the goals and interview, just couldnt wait, both excellent goals, Pennants was perfect to the inch ( his goal I mean ! ;))   And Stevie MOTM, really cant wait for tonight, wouldnt you think that we would of been the main match on Football First ?  But no, bloody newcastle,  I bet if we had been beat at Anfield they would of showcased it ! shower of sh*te !!  typical SS, what more could I expect.     ;)     
      « Last Edit: Jan 20, 2007 09:37:28 pm by smigger15 »
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #95: Jan 20, 2007 09:45:48 pm
      I'll try and work every game till the end of the season  ;) ;D  Just had a peep at the goals and interview, just couldnt wait, both excellent goals, Pennants was perfect to the inch ( his goal I mean ! ;))   And Stevie MOTM, really cant wait for tonight, wouldnt you think that we would of been the main match on Football First ?  But no, bloody newcastle,  I bet if we had been beat at Anfield they would of showcased it ! shower of sh*te !!  typical SS, what more could I expect.     ;)     

Kenny was on the panel today - he takes the piss out of Richard Keys something chronic.  Anyway, that game is safely recorded on to DVD and to be kept in the 'To Keep' pile. 
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #96: Jan 20, 2007 09:52:14 pm
      Kenny was on the panel today - he takes the piss out of Richard Keys something chronic.  Anyway, that game is safely recorded on to DVD and to be kept in the 'To Keep' pile. 

Along with all the other victories over the chelski scum !   ;) ;D
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Reply #97: Jan 21, 2007 12:23:30 am
      Sorry to hear you missed the game Smigger, I watched it in the local and lightening struck with 20 mins to go, electricity went. Drove everywhere trying to get somewhere with electricity, eventually did but missed the Drogba, Ballack free kick, apparently comical.

Excellent result, excellent performance, and I tell you what, the Chavs were lucky it were only 2. We were 4-5 goals better than them. They talk about their defence being in dissarray? The whole team is terrible. Lampard shown up for what he is this season, USELESS!!

Come on the reds, bring on the scum!!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #98: Jan 21, 2007 09:31:21 am
      I've still got a huge smile on my face this morning  ;)  watched the match on Football First and enjoyed every minute of it, cant wait for the bluesh*te week after next !!.  That free kick by Drogba to Ballack was hilarious !!  you must get to see that Homestrip. We should of won by about 3 or 4 goals, Riise had a brilliant shot from about 40 yds out that smacked the crossbar if it had gone in it would of been a blinder, Kuyt also had hard luck too with his effort near the end.  Bring 'em all on 2nd place is ours this season folks, without a shadow of a doubt.  ;)  ;D ;D ;D
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Reply #99: Jan 21, 2007 02:13:52 pm
      That free kick by Drogba to Ballack was hilarious !!  you must get to see that Homestrip.

Definitely, must watch game again, think its on SS tonight. Did they show a close up of Maureen after the mess they made of the free kick?? I'd say he was as pleased as he was when Robben got injured after only a few mins.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #100: Jan 21, 2007 04:01:37 pm
      Definitely, must watch game again, think its on SS tonight. Did they show a close up of Maureen after the mess they made of the free kick?? I'd say he was as pleased as he was when Robben got injured after only a few mins.

Didnt see Maureens face but Robben rolling round on the floor was quite funny as well !!   ;D :D :D :D
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #101: Jan 21, 2007 07:00:14 pm
      How hung over am I today! I celebrated that one in fine style even by my high standards!!!! The Arse winning to day has made it a bit more interesting. Now if we can beat Man USA the gap would be 8 points and catching them wouldn't be beyond the realms of the impossible!!! But for now I'm a very happy Chappie and if we finished above Chavski this year I would be even happier. And for anyone out there that thinks the gap is to big and cant be over come I say that on Wednesday 25th May 2005 I was on the 5.30am flight from Speke to Istanbul and that day I dared to dream and the rest is written into a Story that with out the television pictures no one would believe!  ;)
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #102: Jan 21, 2007 07:07:06 pm
      great performance yesterday pennants goal was world class but anyway cheski played completely sh*t great win!!!!!
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #103: Jan 21, 2007 08:24:14 pm
      What a result! 8) Good all round performance,about time Chelsea have had it coming for a while now. :laugh:
      Have you noticed, when we have a great result against other teams ,Sky Sports come out with excuses as to why Liverpool won? ???
      Chelsea had a weak defence,they had major injuries,unrest at the club,opposition team had boots on wrong feet or any other excuse they can think of. >:(
      Well Ive got two"THEY WERE OUT CLASSED" or even better " WE PULLED OUR SOCKS UP,HAD BOOTS ON THE RIGHT FEET AND OUT FOUGHT,OUT CLASSED AND GENERALLY TOOK THEM TO THE CLEANERS" :action-smiley-035: :laughing-smiley-014:
      come on Liverpool y.n.w.a :ernaehrung004: so heres to the Lads of Liverpool
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #104: Jan 21, 2007 08:48:44 pm
      Talking about sky sports, did you hear Andy Gray today, before the Arsenal match. He was asked if that was a great win for Liverpool yesterday, and all he could on about was what a great result it was for the Dirty Red Scum. He could not bring it upon himself to bestow some good words about our great club.
      Why oh why do they employ such a biased baffoon as him  >:( >:(
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #105: Jan 22, 2007 09:34:03 pm
      Talking about sky sports, did you hear Andy Gray today, before the Arsenal match. He was asked if that was a great win for Liverpool yesterday, and all he could on about was what a great result it was for the Dirty Red Scum. He could not bring it upon himself to bestow some good words about our great club.
      Why oh why do they employ such a biased baffoon as him  >:( >:(

Tell me about it!! He never has anything good to say about us. Tw*t
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #106: Jan 22, 2007 09:35:34 pm
      Tell me about it!! He never has anything good to say about us. Tw*t

An ugly one at that !  ;)
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #107: Jan 22, 2007 11:03:27 pm
      Just one last thought On Saturdays game I would like to share with every one. As I left the ground I came out of the Lower Centenary and I walked down the Anny Rd to meet the Lads in the Harry. As I passed the Chavs, they poured out of the ground, beaten, hurting but actually singing "You sold your sole to the Arabs"!!!!!! I sh*t you not, did anyone else hear it? I stopped for a minate, I looked over and the smile on my face grew wider as I thought to myself, Classless Chavski knob jockeys!!! ;)
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,198 posts | 1641 
      Reply #108: Jan 23, 2007 06:56:45 pm
      Just one last thought On Saturdays game I would like to share with every one. As I left the ground I came out of the Lower Centenary and I walked down the Anny Rd to meet the Lads in the Harry. As I passed the Chavs, they poured out of the ground, beaten, hurting but actually singing "You sold your sole to the Arabs"!!!!!! I sh*t you not, did anyone else hear it? I stopped for a minate, I looked over and the smile on my face grew wider as I thought to myself, Classless Chavski knob jockeys!!! ;)
      better to be an arab than a corupt russian!! Just goes to show what they really are.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #109: Jan 23, 2007 07:28:37 pm
      better to be an arab than a corupt russian!! Just goes to show what they really are.

a corupt russian who's getting bored with his toy !!!!
      Chelsea soon to be bankrupt.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,198 posts | 1641 
      Reply #110: Jan 23, 2007 07:43:45 pm
      my mate was on this just thought I would show you lot.

"LIVERPOOL 2-0 CHELSEA

With the current injury crisis at the club, an away trip to our recently evolved nemesis wasn’t the ideal game to try and salvage some ground on Manchester United. Even the most optimistic of Blues supporters will have been gazing upon this fixture with dread.

As the teams were announced that dread turned into scant resignation; Carvalho was out. So here were the champions of England, at ‘fortress’ Anfield, playing Wimbledon’s modern day equivalent, without a back line. We expected the big man-strong man combo and we expected an aerial bombardment, and that’s what we got.

We needed to shut Liverpool out for as long as possible, in the hope that our confidence would grow as their frustration did, however it was not to be. In the third minute, our shaky defence came undone as Dirk Kuyt took down Finnan's long ball and cut past the lethargic Ferreira, to slot a clean finish past a ring rusty Petr Cech.

Anfield sang, Chelsea knew it was over there and then.

Moments later Cech was called into action again and responded with a good save from Riise's shot after yet another long ball was lobbed forward from the Liverpool ranks.

The second came, almost inevitably, in the seventeenth minute when Jermaine Pennant cracked a 25 yard shot that flew over Cech’s head and went in off the underside of the woodwork. The goal was a result of a poor headed clearance and a failure of the defence to close Pennant down. Liverpool were getting through us too easily and at this point, it seemed although we could be on the wrong side of quite a heavy defeat.

Things went from bad to worse in the twentieth minute when Arjen Robben had to go off injured after hurting his ankle when landing awkwardly, and was replaced by Shaun Wright-Phillips. With many looking to Robben as the main attacking threat, Chelsea’s hopes of salvaging anything from the game were fading fast.

Half time came and went without much incident, other than Alonso needing stitches in a face wound, but even while he was off the pitch and Liverpool were down to ten men, we looked lethargic and insipid and were unable to trouble Reina.

Chelsea did start to pass around a bit better but there was no thrust, no attacking intent and no cohesion. The one player who did himself justice in the effort stakes was Wright-Phillips, who looked sharper and more confident than he has in many games recently.

Ballack looked ordinary and really needs to start asserting himself on the pitch more, Drogba was quiet, although in fairness to him he had to survive on scraps for most of the match, whereas one has to wonder how Kalou is getting in this team, his Wigan show was bad, this not much better.

Cech was called upon far more often than Reina and had to deal with a Crouch header from the penalty spot, and was later lucky not to be undone when Riise unleashed a thunderous 40 yard shot beyond the keepers reach, but that cannoned off the bar and out for Essien to clear.

Paulo Ferreira was then booked for tripping Kuyt, which is his fifth booking of the season so he'll now miss the Forest cup game. If you’re a betting man, lay a tenner on Baltemar Brito getting games this season, with our defenders dropping like flies, Steve Clarke may even have to fill in at right back too.

Chelsea finally introduced Shevchenko in the 72nd minute when he came on and replaced the ever improving Mikel. Lampard and Ballack dropped deeper to sit behind the four attacking players however the change in personnel and tactics was to reap no real benefits.

Liverpool brought Bellamy on for Crouch late into the game in an attempt to stretch our weary non-defence, and in the 87th minute we had a lucky escape when the dangerous Kuyt volleyed over from 10 yards.

The ref ended the game after two minutes of added time, however for many the game was already over in the seventeenth. It’s the first time Chelsea have lost to Liverpool in the Premiership under Mourinho, and they needed us minus a defence to do it.

A full strength Chelsea would have asked questions of this Liverpool side however it was not to be. All we can do now is to pray for some Eileen Drewery style health miracles for our squad, or wish for a Micah Richards sized miracle from Roman Abramovich.

I know which one I’m hoping for.

Chelsea (4-3-3): Cech; Gérémi, Ferreira, Essien, A Cole; Ballack, Mikel (Shevchenko 72), Lampard (c); Kalou, Drogba, Robben (Wright-Phillips 20).

Liverpool(4-4-2): Reina; Finnan, Carragher, Agger, Aurelio; Pennant, Alonso, Gerrard (c), Riise; Crouch (Bellamy 84), Kuyt (Gonzalez 90).

Referee Rob Styles.
      Crowd 44,245.

Contribution by Toby Brown - 22 January 2007"

http://www.cfcnet.co.uk/content/results_detail.asp?ID=6368

and I thought only everton were bitter!
      « Last Edit: Jan 23, 2007 09:23:59 pm by Jabba »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #111: Jan 23, 2007 08:55:36 pm
      Just been watchin a bit of the Chelski v Wycombe game, the only reason they look like theyre doing a bit is because they are playing Wycombe ( all respect to Wycombe as they're a decent side ).  The releif on Maureen's face when they scored, you'd of thought theyd won the CL Final !!  Then they start questioning whether this is the start for Shevchenko, as he's scored twice  ;D ;D ;D  He can only score against a League 2 club !!! and they think this is the turning point, they are a total joke !  Does anyone else get wound up talking about Chelski, cos as i'm typing this i can feel my stomach in knots with anger and frustration grrrrr.......not talking about them no more.  ;)         
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #112: Jan 23, 2007 09:07:43 pm
      can ne body get that Video of that free kick please, i have only just stooped laughing at it. the chaves are a bunch of arseholes we won fair and square and out played them and looked comfortable in the mean time. bring on everton and lets hammer 9 passed them.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #113: Jan 23, 2007 09:08:54 pm
      Christ Sky sports don't half spout some sh1te, turning point in their season my arse, the only thing beating Wycombe means is moaning F***ing Maureen will still be in the job tomorrow
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #114: Jan 23, 2007 09:12:38 pm
      "It’s the first time Chelsea have lost to Liverpool in the Premiership under Mourinho, and they needed us minus a defence to do it."

Come on, defence or no defence we were still gonna crush 'em anyway. Maybe when we lost to Arsenal we should have given silly alibis like "our defence are dropping like flies and you can put a tenner on Paco Ayestaran on playing defence and Alex Miller at right back". Nope, can't do. We probably have been to hardened by achieving glories through the hard way. And I thought spending 25 mil pounds on a tough ass Ghanaian he would've been one hell of a player who could play midfield and centreback. Spend a few pennies and they could have bought Djimi Traore who would have done a better job defending.

These Chavs should learn how to grow c*cks and take defeat like real heroes. Not gayboys in blue shirts.

Quick Reply