Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

The Title Race Climax

Read 4544 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Re: The Title Race Climax
      Reply #23: May 04, 2009 10:55:48 am
      United's next two games against two clubs managed by former United players.

Obviously we've got to get a result next Saturday ourselves but you would be looking for Man City to do something to keep things alive for us.
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #24: May 04, 2009 12:07:20 pm
      I reckon United also have a chance of drawing all four games.

Arsenal home - No explanation, also they'll have Arshavin
      City home - they won last year and are on good form
      Wigan away - is hard
      Hull away (fighting for their season) - Also, they were imrpoved against us

Barce's 6-2 win against Real is giving me hope that City can do something.  ;D
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #25: May 04, 2009 12:11:24 pm

Ally, if this pans out and we win the Title on the last day of the season on GD, I think I'll be the one climaxing  ;D

:lmao: me too
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #26: May 04, 2009 12:56:04 pm
      I think its the only way we will win it now. But West Ham will be difficult they are flying lately. If Arsenal beat UTD how will they feel about going to UTD in the league would it be better if they went out in the CL so they would look for revenge. Its still on but Utd need to loose 1 and draw 2 IMHO rather than loose 2.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #27: May 04, 2009 01:03:18 pm
      If Arsenal beat UTD how will they feel about going to UTD in the league would it be better if they went out in the CL so they would look for revenge.

I was thinking that. I would be concerned that if Arsenal went through in the CL, they may be resting players in the league when they play Man U because the league os over for Arsenal now,they're not budging from 4th place and even if they had a slight chance of catching Chelsea, it would mean nothing next to CL glory. If Man U go through, then beating Man U would be the only bit of satisfaction left for Arsenal all season. The game would still be as big for utd though and i don't want them to go any further in the CL.

Plus utd always seem to play either well in all competitions or in none of them, e.g. I think they'd be more likely to knock Arsenal out the CL AND go on to beat them  in the league or lose both, rather than win one and lose the other. So i hope Arsneal beat them in the CL. Arsenal also seem to play really well when they're relaxed which is why they're in such good form in the league so to sum up:

Arsenal knock Man U out the CL
      Arsenal then draw with or beat Utd in the league.

Is what i think is our best hope :)
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #28: May 04, 2009 02:50:49 pm
      They have to lose 6 points over their next 4 games AND we have to win all our games (3 games). I have no doubt that we can achieve that, winning our last 3 games.

We MUST win our next game on Sat, and hope they lose point on Sun against Man City. A lost for them will be perfect, then the pressure will be really back to them. At the moment they know that they can still afford to lose 1 game and still have the 3 points cushion. After that they cannot afford to to make anymore mistake and that will really affect their game.

To me this weekend will be The game of the season for us. It will make or break whether we can win our 19 titles.

Its going to be tough, really tough but you'll never know, this is football.

P/S
      If we can pull this off, this will be the greatest title of our history, even better than the 3-3 draw & finally winning the Champions League in 2005. I think red nose will retire after this or get a heart attack etc. and the down fall of the scum.  :lmao:
      « Last Edit: May 04, 2009 03:55:28 pm by zz19a »

Quick Reply