Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Ryan Shawcross (Stoke)

Read 5223 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,933 posts | 826 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Ryan Shawcross (Stoke)
      Reply #46: Aug 15, 2009 11:49:20 pm
      Manchester United challenge Liverpool with plan to lure Ryan Shawcross back to Old Trafford
      Sir Alex Ferguson could thwart Liverpool's interest in former Manchester United central defender Ryan Shawcross by taking him back to Old Trafford.

The United manager is aware Liverpool have been in contact with Stoke City about the 21-year-old Chester-born six-footer and is keeping a close watch on developments.

But the Merseysiders'hopes of signing Shawcross were dashed when they discovered United had retained first refusal on any possible future deal involving the player, who first joined Stoke on a six-month loan in August 2007.

The deal was made permanent in the following January when Stoke agreed to pay £1million with a further million if they achieved promotion.

Since then Shawcross's value has soared after impressive performances helped them consolidate their Premier League status last season.

Click here for mail online article
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #47: Aug 15, 2009 11:52:42 pm
      Who do ManU think they are, Tottenham?
      Manchester United challenge Liverpool with plan to lure Ryan Shawcross back to Old Trafford
      Sir Alex Ferguson could thwart Liverpool's interest in former Manchester United central defender Ryan Shawcross by taking him back to Old Trafford.

The United manager is aware Liverpool have been in contact with Stoke City about the 21-year-old Chester-born six-footer and is keeping a close watch on developments.

But the Merseysiders'hopes of signing Shawcross were dashed when they discovered United had retained first refusal on any possible future deal involving the player, who first joined Stoke on a six-month loan in August 2007.

The deal was made permanent in the following January when Stoke agreed to pay £1million with a further million if they achieved promotion.

Since then Shawcross's value has soared after impressive performances helped them consolidate their Premier League status last season.

Click here for mail online article

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #48: Aug 16, 2009 06:34:17 am
      Why would Shawcross go back there when the situation hasnt changed? The same defence exists just like when he left.

If this happens to be true then El-Fergmutt has lost his whiskey.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #49: Aug 16, 2009 06:59:15 am
      At least he is being linked with a big club, he is class now ;)

;D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #50: Aug 16, 2009 12:13:55 pm
      Is Kelly that bad....
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #51: Aug 16, 2009 12:17:45 pm
      I don't think we need him ...he wont come in time for the Tottenham game ( which is probably the only time he will for sure get a game) . If Skrtel can make it for the Totenham game I don't see the problem .

I do trust Kelly but I think he's just not ready yet to start a Prem game ...but  I'd rather use Kelly than waste ,money on Shawcross ( he might be good but I don't think he'll leave first team football for the bench )  
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,933 posts | 826 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #52: Aug 18, 2009 02:13:26 am
      West Ham's central defender James Collins could be set to join the Potters before Wednesday's trip to Anfield.
      Stoke City are closing in on the signature of Welsh international James Collins. The commanding centre half, who played in West Ham's victory over Wolves on Saturday, would end a long chase for Tony Pulis.

He has been on Stoke's radar all summer but it appeared any deal had fallen into the gutter. However, specualtion that Ryan Shawcross could be on his way has prompted Pulis to go and capture his man.

PottersNet understands the fee would be closer to £4 million rather than the reported £5 million.

His arrival, providing Shawcross is still here, could lead to a 5-4-1 formation at Anfield, as Stoke try and replicate the defensive display that gained them a heroic point last season.

PottersNet

I am not quite sure if the source is reliable but if they are getting a CB in maybe there CB is leaving to us maybe or maybe not only time will tell.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #53: Aug 18, 2009 07:23:51 am
      They rejected West Ham's offer for Shawcross, make of that what you will.
      miss_tickles82
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #54: Aug 18, 2009 01:14:02 pm
      we could do alot worse than shawcross guy's.... even as a fourth choice.
      he's proved his worth at stoke.... hence why there are three other clubs interested and pulis is reluctant to sell!!!
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #55: Aug 18, 2009 01:45:16 pm
      i think he would be a good addition and would give us a threat from set pieces (where we are inept) when he played.
      Alas I would not pay the asking price esp when we have players coming through in that position.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,506 posts | 2871 
      Reply #56: Aug 18, 2009 04:00:12 pm
      His arrival, providing Shawcross is still here, could lead to a 5-4-1 formation at Anfield, as Stoke try and replicate the defensive display that gained them a heroic point last season.

Great! ::)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #57: Aug 18, 2009 06:33:30 pm
      It just shows how mickey mouse them american clowns have turned the club we can't even afford this lad.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,489 posts | 8675 
      Reply #58: Aug 20, 2009 03:14:37 pm
      It just shows how mickey mouse them american clowns have turned the club we can't even afford this lad.

Didn't look anything special last night anyway.

I'd rather stick with this kid Ayala.

Quick Reply