Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

West Ham v Liverpool - Prematch

Read 15248 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,220 posts | 3393 
      Re: Liverpool v West Ham - Prematch
      Reply #23: May 06, 2009 11:15:38 pm
      West Ham are a good little team, still fighting for that 7th place. Zola has them playing good football and hard to break down, especially at home so this is no easy game for the Reds. But as we've proven this year, our away form is exceptional (forget White Hart Lane and The Riverside) so I have huge expectations for the weekend.

Even if our squad is slightly dented with injuries I think we'll have enough for the Hammers. A welcomed return for our number 9 can be made even better with a few goals against my name sake.

Three points are a must and I don't really care how we get them. If it comes from a debatable penalty or offside decision then so be it, at this stage of the season all points in any shape or form are welcomed. No more slip ups lads.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #24: May 06, 2009 11:24:55 pm
      This has to be a 3 pointer ! although west ham are a useful side i feel they don't have a lot to gain by throwing everything at us ,let's face it they have had some decent results and in the top half of the prem league ,we on the other hand have to score to get a sniff at the title and also to put the sh**s up  whisky nose , with nando,stevie,dirk, i cannot see us not scoring twice at least ! score early and then shut the doors would be best ,cannot see anyone getting past agger /skerts/carra/ and the best goalie in the prem pepe
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #25: May 06, 2009 11:35:14 pm
      They are all tough now, no one is easier than other. If West Brom are not down by the time we play them, it could also be tricky. We should win all of our remaining games if we play on form.

------------------------Reina------------------------

---Arbeloa-----Carra-----Agger-----Aurelio-----

---------------------Mascherano--------------------

---Benayoun----------Lucas-------------Gerrard

-------------------Kuyt-----Torres-------------------
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,220 posts | 3393 
      Reply #26: May 06, 2009 11:37:19 pm
      ^^^^

If that's the XI who play mate, it's more likely to have Benayoun and Gerrard on the opposite flanks. Stevie right, Yossi left.

Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #27: May 06, 2009 11:43:48 pm
      ^^^^

If that's the XI who play mate, it's more likely to have Benayoun and Gerrard on the opposite flanks. Stevie right, Yossi left.

Maybe. Been seeing Gerrard playing on the left side more than the right. Benny is more useful on right on his natural side. None of our left side midfielders are on form so I would have Stevie there with support of Aurelio.
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #28: May 07, 2009 06:32:48 am
      Stevie and Yossi can play everywhere, doesn't really matter, they switch sides at will anyway...
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #29: May 07, 2009 08:58:16 am
       As with all games at this time of the season 3 points is the critical factor and it does not matter how we get them.I think RAFA will play Lucas in place of Alonso and it looks like Torres and Mascherano will be allright to play.Go for a win that will really put the pressure on Manure,I will go for a 3-1 to us.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #30: May 07, 2009 09:19:37 am
      I think the team (when everone's fit) pretty much picks it's self now - with Lucas in for Xabi. Agger for Skrtel or Carra may be a difficult one to call - I'd rest Carra and bring in Agger (giving an added dimension when going forward) -  i'd like the starting XI, against West Ham, to be:

Pepe
      Arby
      Insua
      Skrtel
      Agger
      Masch
      Lucas
      Kuyt
      Stevie
      Yossi
      Nando
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #31: May 07, 2009 09:24:12 am
      This one will be tough. I have no doubts about it.

West Ham always give us a tricky time. I'm sure we can come away with the win though. I look forward to away days more than anything. I love listening to the travelling support. I know they will do us proud as always.

I'm going to predict a tricky 2-1 win to us. I'm sure if Xabi doesn't play, Stevie will revert back to his CM role and hopefully it's Benny that plays in behind a fit Torres. He offers a lot of creativity and I feel Kuyt has played his best football out on the right this season. Why change that?

Come on you Lads...another 3 points to take us back to the top, then let the Mancs sweat it out in a Derby.
      kdz
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #32: May 07, 2009 10:27:37 am
       I agree with what most are saying. This is a huge game against a side that should not be under estimated, Man u going on to the champs league final I think is a good thing, it means Arsenal can put out a full squad team against them in the prm fixture and should be out for revenge. With a bit of luck and as long as we win our remaining fixtures, we could just nick this title on goal difference... P.S.  Barca for the champions league. Liverpool premier, everton FA cup..... please
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #33: May 07, 2009 10:39:12 am
      Think we will beat them by the odd goal, they are a decent team indeed
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #34: May 07, 2009 11:15:04 am
      Any win will do us, got to stay focused on what WE can do, if we can win at the hammers then ive still got a feeling city can get a point on Sunday.
      skrtelivision
      • Skrtelivision
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts |
      Reply #35: May 07, 2009 02:41:02 pm
      All the fixtures we have left are really difficult, i just hope Man City, Hull, Wigan and Arsenal finish the season extremely strongly.

Id take 3 scrappy 1-0 wins.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #36: May 07, 2009 02:41:19 pm
      I have a lot of respect for West Ham and their brand of football under Zola. No doubt this game will be tough, they gave Chelsea a good run for their money a week or two a go and they will look to do the same to us with them still chasing the UEFA cup. In saying that I can not see us slipping up with Torres back in the fold and I am sure Gerrard will be frustrated with himself for not burying a few on the weekend, so he will be looking for a goal or two.

With Xabi looking to miss out Lucas will step in to fill for him, I am interested to see how he will respond to the opportunity presented to him after picking up his first league goal. In front of the KOP too must have done a world of good to his confidence.
      ondr@
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      Reply #37: May 07, 2009 02:46:49 pm
      I hope that we´ll win. It´ll be a very high match but West Ham play very well and Zola´s good coach. I hope that Nando and Xabi´ll play because they´re very important for us. Nando can score and Xabi passes nice balls.
      Come on Reds!!!

Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #38: May 07, 2009 02:50:34 pm
      West Ham are doing well lately but we should still do it fairly easy. Zola will be too hungover to manage anyways after watching his beloved Chavs crash out in the 93rd minute of the Champions League!
      Paul 08
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts | -4 
      • Justice for the 96 reds
      Reply #39: May 07, 2009 02:57:42 pm
      We will get a hard fought win one nil win yossi to score
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #40: May 07, 2009 04:16:37 pm
      I wonder how will Yossi react being on the starting lineup against his old team...
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #41: May 07, 2009 07:04:29 pm
      I wonder how will Yossi react being on the starting lineup against his old team...
      Will he be starting? Has Alonso defo been ruled out yet, not as far as i know yet . But if Yossi does start it will be a big game for him and no room for sentiment.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #42: May 07, 2009 07:22:57 pm
      As well as the fixture being a bit tricky, the pressure will be on the lads until the first goal goes in. Still think we will win, mabey 2-0 possibly 3- 0 Hope Xabi plays but Lucas is improving so perhaps it's time to give him a bit more support and build his confidence. Just hope there' s no cheap free kicks given away around the box. Are we kicking off before the scum ? Hope so, will put a bit more pressure on them when we win. Haven't seen the K.O. times yet.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #43: May 07, 2009 07:35:53 pm
      We play Saturday 3pm and United play 1.30pm on the Sunday in the Manchester derby.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #44: May 07, 2009 08:28:00 pm
      A difficult game and under pressure to go back top again until Sunday.All we can do is win and hope City turn up for a game on sunday. They are all must win games now or the title is theirs. Just praying for Stevie and Fernando to be on fire.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #45: May 07, 2009 08:43:32 pm
      We play Saturday 3pm and United play 1.30pm on the Sunday in the Manchester derby.

Ours is 5.30 innit? On Shitanta.

I'd like to see a solid performance. I don't mind if we don't score five, I just think a clean sheet should be a big focus, and then nick at least one, preferably two, goals. As everyone says, pressure is pressure is pressure on united, and we all saw how City ruined their 'party' at OT last year (how 'kin sweet was that? ;)) So yep, I'll be going for 2-0 to Liverpool, and a draw for the mancs on sunday.

Quick Reply