Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 6th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W0 D1 L2

A Notice For All American and Worldwide Reds.

Read 7957 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: A Notice For All American and Worldwide Reds.
      Reply #23: Jul 21, 2009 02:18:26 pm
      A pathetic sack of sh*t, should be shot!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #24: Jul 21, 2009 02:39:37 pm
      How long has it taken him to compose and write that bag of sh*te which has no clear agenda and wanders from one subject to the other like a rudderless ship? All he will achieve in his efforts to whitewash his bigotry is cause more anger and distress both for himself and the victims of the tragedy he is totally ignorant of.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #25: Jul 21, 2009 03:17:13 pm
      The current demand of the leader of the boycott is that I accept a lifetime ban from broadcasting. Effectively depriving me of the ability to make a living.

Oh Dear.
      Victim mentality.

You really should have thought "your living"  before you earned the "filthy penny" writing the vile you did.

The only victims were the 96.

They were deprived of their lives.

Go clean toilets. Its where your mind belongs.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #26: Jul 23, 2009 01:00:54 pm
      Quote from: Conor Brennan,VP LFCNY of the LFCNY campaign against Steven Cohen.

Chelsea FC rejects Steven Cohen, condemn his lies about Hillsborough.

New York, Wednesday 22nd July 2009 - Over 50 percent of Steven Cohen’s original sponsors, including such companies as Heineken and FourFourTwo have left his show, World Soccer Daily. These sponsors have left because they cannot afford to be associated with Steven Cohen’s lies and hate. Steven Cohen has chosen to denigrate 96 dead Liverpool fans whose only failing was supporting their team. Hillsborough was a tragedy of immense proportions in the game of football, but to this day, Steven Cohen sees it as a way to deride Liverpool fans. Everyone connected with the game knows what happened at Hillsborough.

Chelsea Football Club, nominally the club Steven Cohen supports, know what happened and its position has been made very clear in both matchday programmes, and an on-pitch recognition during last season’s FA Cup semi-final against Arsenal. When asked for a comment about Steven Cohen’s hateful comments by the LFCNY, Gareth Mills, spokesman for Chelsea FC said, “we have distanced ourselves and will continue to distance ourselves from any comments that disrespect the memory of Hillsborough.” Mr. Mills went on to say, “that match [FA Cup semi final] marked the anniversary of tragic events that impacted the whole football community. Our players and staff have gone on the record with supportive comments and statements.” Everyone in football knows. Except Steven Cohen, that is.

Asked specifically about Steven Cohen, Mr. Mills was at pains to emphasize Chelsea’s disgust and looked to put as much distance between the West London club and merchant of hate, Steven Cohen, “we can see no benefit of giving him legitimacy by the club singling him out. Giving Mr. Cohen oxygen is the worst thing we could do……..He is not a representative, nor ever has been a representative of the club. We have some 90 million fans worldwide and cannot account for every fan’s opinion.”

How often does it happen in the football world that a club rejects a fan?

(We would also point out that Steven Cohen has not interviewed any member of Chelsea FC during their ongoing tour of North America on his show).

Steven Cohen has said many, many times that no one is going to change his mind about his Hillsborough smears. Liverpool fans killed their own, he says; they are scum, he says; they are murderers, he says; and the Hillsborough Justice Campaign is the most corrupt organization, he says. This is what Steven Cohen believes. Too often, when confronted by his own lies, smears and hate, Steven Cohen has walked back his comments, waited for the tempest to die down, and resumed business as usual. Lying about 96 Liverpool fans who never came home from a different FA Cup semi final.

But the tempest is not blowing over this time, will not be dying down. Steven Cohen’s apologies are never longstanding and always worthless. The LFCNY has no doubt that he will again be calling Liverpool fans ‘murderers’ next year on the 21st anniversary of Hillsborough. That’s why we want him gone completely off the air.

Steven Cohen may try to point to a great accomplishment that he can conduct a Liverpool-based interview without lying about Hillsborough. We at the LFCNY will ask what accomplishment? We would point to his complete rejection by the club he claims to support, Chelsea. His own club recognizes him for what he is.

And soccer in America is also recognizes him for the same. WSD had a sponsorship arrangement with the Seattle Wolves, a 4th division football team. When they heard his comments, they refused to go on his show and felt compelled to issue a statement condemning him, much as Chelsea had done. Alexander Caulfield, the Director of Public Relations & Marketing for the Wolves said, “Seattle Wolves Football Club does not support the misrepresentation of what happened on the tragic day of April 15th, 1989. In this vein, the Wolves do not support Steven Cohen's remarks surrounding Hillsborough, and moreover the club cannot move forward with World Soccer Daily until a sincere retraction is issued from World Soccer Daily.” This, from a team that supported Steven Cohen; though the LFCNY would take issue with the notion that Steven Cohen could ever issue a “sincere retraction.”

Steven Cohen has been rejected by his own club, Chelsea FC, one of the biggest in the world; he has been rejected by a 4th division US team. He has been rejected by Heineken, by FourFourTwo, by Ruffneck Scarves and so many other companies and teams. Rejected by those who know the game. It’s time for Steven Cohen to be rejected off the air.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #27: Jul 23, 2009 01:03:32 pm
      'Giving Mr. Cohen oxygen is the worst thing we could do'

There's something we can all agree with.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #28: Jul 23, 2009 04:52:22 pm
      Well done, Conor & LFCNY.

This asshole needs to be removed from any position that allows him to spew his lies. He has a podcast and a show on Sirius(?), too.

HA! Rejected by the club you support. I love it.

Get fu**ed.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #29: Jul 23, 2009 04:54:56 pm
      It just came to mind that I've watched him on TV before this new controversy. It's a call-in show and he's such a dick on it. Always talking down to people.

Good riddance if Fox drops him, too.

*Fingers crossed
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #30: Jul 23, 2009 04:59:31 pm
      'Nuff said.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #31: Jul 26, 2009 05:11:46 am
      I have Sirius Radio. That Show "World Soccer Daily" is truly the only, true "Football" radio/talk show which reports consistently on the EPL and I would spend my Evening commute,  2 Hours listening. It was my only "daily" link to English Football news and tallk.  It is or was, a great show. I admit I really liked it.

I know Heysel and Hillsborough was just a tragedy. It was an combination of factors, and not one of those factors could be blamed solely LFC or its supporters. It was a confluance of bad luck, poor security, stadium policies and bad planning by the stadium officials. Not to mention the flat-out, bullshit reporting by that F**k Newsrag.

For some two bit hack, radio jock, living In America to make comments about something very serious to LFC fans is just wrong, regardless of location,nationality or "Blame".

In reading posts on here and "meeting" LFC supporters, all you people are cool to me on here, their's no bias because I am a "Yank" LFC supporter. I really thought I would be treated as an "Outsider" or Ignorant Yank.  But, that is so far from what I got on your Forum.  I meet guys at the Matches I watch at the FADO here in Atlanta. A lot of Ex-Pats from Liverpool. They are all cool, down to earth, funny and sometimes "f***in' Crazy" especially watching the Everton/LFC matches.  But I think LFC supporters are the most passionate and knowledgeable sports fans in the world. I LOVE being a part of LFC. It really made me love sports again. For that I am grateful.

So, any boycott by the LFC community I would fully support. And I did.

Just a little FYI...I had heard the show in question and even called into the show to comment on his remarks. Because I listened from my car while driving I had to stop and pull over.  I told the "Screener" that the host's comments were 100% false, his facts were incorrect and the statement was just disrespectful, to the fans, the Club and victims families and opening wounds which should not be opened.

The "screener" then asked If I was LFC and I said yes. He then asked If I lived in the States which I said "yes". He then told me.."You obviousley dont know the whole story" I told him "I do know what happened and the reports printed by that sh*t paper were flat out lies".

So his reply was "Well then, I guess we know your position already and you and the other LFC supporters refuse to face facts of the LFC responsibility". He said it was all the "Hooligans fighting and breaking down the fences to fight the cops and I then told him he was a f***in' pr**k, asshole. Then he hung up on me.  The only reason I got Sirius was for Howard Stern and World Football Daily. So,I wrote Sirius about the problem of W.S.D and why I cancelled my Sirius subscription. Now I isten to Howard Stern through a Pirate Stream on my computer and Sirius has got $0.00 dollars from me.  Now I get a ton of coupons from them wanting me to sign up again.  I'll just get a subscription to FFT now to help my EPL fix.

However, Thank-God. FADO Pub reacted in a good way. Their is a FADO Pub here in Atlanta, Ga where I go to watch the LFC vs Everton,ManU and Champions League matches.  It is a good Pub, class people, fans. STRONG LFC support too. With the time difference of 5-6 hours, FADO opens early like 6-7 am if the LFC match is an earky Kick-Off. They serve good food, pints and its a realy great "Football" Pub.  So, good for then for doing the right thing. Otherwise I would of been screwed and had no way to watch live matches.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #32: Jul 29, 2009 08:54:52 pm
      A big well done to our fellow American Reds.

One thing Cohen has learned here is never F**k with Liverpool fans.

FSC replaces outspoken Steven Cohen with outspoken Eric Wynalda

Fox Soccer Channel has replaced Steven Cohen _ whose comments about the Hillsbrough tragedy got him in all kinds of trouble _ as host of the Fox Football Fone-In show with Eric Wynalda, who'll partner Nick Webster.

"As a former player and passionate soccer fan myself, I tuned in weekly to enjoy the lively debate on Fox Football Fone-In; and I couldn't be happier to now be sitting alongside Nick as a co-host," Wynalda said in a release.

"If there's one thing I've hung my hat on throughout my broadcasting career, it's that I refuse to bite my tongue. Fox Football Fone-In viewers can expect Nick and me to always tell it like it is, even if that means disagreeing with each other - and our callers!"

The National Soccer Hall of Fame member and ex-U.S. National Team star will debut when the show opens its sixth season on Aug. 10 at a new time of 7-9 p.m. weekly. And he's right about one thing; Fox replaced one outspoken guy with another. This could be funny. Maybe even funny good.

Wynalda once got suspended and fired from ESPN by saying "Jim Rome can suck my (well, you know)! And he should be very afraid, because I'm the kind of guy, if I get too many drinks in me, I will club his ass." Well, in his defense, it was Jim Rome. The cat does bring out the worst in people.

Anyway, Wynalda usually has strong opinions, but unlike Cohen _ who said Liverpool fans should "share responsibility' for the deaths of the 96'' crushed in the Hillsborough disaster, details of which the UK is finally realeasing _ Wynalda frequently backs them up with, you know, little things like facts and solid arguements.

He'll be less constrained by the limited studio time he had at ESPN; and now he can actually engage in discussions with people who disagree. It has the potential for good theatre _ or good talk radio, which is essentially the format of the popular show.

"Fox Football Fone-in has been an entertaining forum for true soccer enthusiasts for the last five years,'' said Dermot McQuarrie, FSC's senior VP of Programming and Production. "Eric's experiences will bring a fresh outlook to the show, invigorating the dialogue with our most passionate viewers.''

http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/soccer/archives/2009/07/fsc_replaces_st.html

Although the f**ker will still be on the World Soccer Daily, probably because he owns it, it's great to see that he has been fu**ed off from that Fox programme.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #33: Jul 29, 2009 09:41:57 pm
      The funniest thing about it is he had a chance to correct it. It would of taken 1 minute, make an apology and statement and he just refused and dug a deeper hole. F**k him.

I think the LFC community is pretty forgiving and would of accepted a whole hearted apology but he just didn't and now he lost his Fox job and will more than likely be fired from World Soccer Daily. If the board at WSD see's all the major sponsors like Four Four Two and Heineken pull their advertising they really need to reconsider this guys involvement with the show. 

I hope he is fired so I can listen again. I liked WSD. Cohen was kind of a dick, but the show was actually good and was the only Radio show I could listen too that talked about EPL and European Football. Oh well. I still have the internet.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #34: Jul 29, 2009 09:47:00 pm
      Well done to Fox, and well done to all our American LFC fans.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #35: Jul 29, 2009 10:28:34 pm
      Oh well. I still have the internet.

True mate. You might stumble upon something better as well, you never know. I'll try make more of an effort to post things that are streamed from these parts. Where there's a will, there's a way.

And I'd like to echo Huyton Red's and JD's thoughts on saying well done to our fellow American reds.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #36: Jul 30, 2009 03:09:35 pm
      Power to the American REDS fans !!

Well in lads.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #37: Jul 30, 2009 04:03:30 pm
      True mate. You might stumble upon something better as well, you never know. I'll try make more of an effort to post things that are streamed from these parts. Where there's a will, there's a way.

And I'd like to echo Huyton Red's and JD's thoughts on saying well done to our fellow American reds.
      If you could point me to some good online streams, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #38: Jul 30, 2009 06:39:01 pm
      F***ing fantastic, Yank bro's ;)
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #39: Jul 30, 2009 07:13:09 pm
      ;D well done
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #40: Jul 30, 2009 08:19:31 pm
      I see our dear friend mackensie still has the odd spot on BBC and Sky so he will probably keep low for a while and then be back with his vile lies.
      Terry Macs Perm
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 97 posts |
      • 1977 - what a goal!
      Reply #41: Jul 30, 2009 10:12:41 pm
      Great effort from US Reds - the global 12th man strikes!
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #42: Jul 31, 2009 12:45:24 am
      Well done. Keep the Red Liverbird flying high over the other side.

You'll never walk alone.....

YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #43: Jul 31, 2009 02:45:08 am
      I just read online that Cohen is CEO of W.S.D.  What CEO actually means or what the title is i dont know. I think he "owns" the license and property rights of WSD.

I think the best track would be for any Sirius Subscribers to email Sirius about WSD. If he is dropped by Sirius than thats it. He's done. His only outlet for the show is Sirius Radio. Their will be no other way for the show to go on. He cant take it to regular radio, especially if dropped by Sirius. Plus, his whole market is Satellite radio. Their is no market for a "Soccer" phone in show on regular radio. Especially in the U.S.

WSD is just (1) show on (1) of their channels.  If threatened by other subscribers they may see that dumping the show is the wisest course.  I just cant believe that Heineken and FFT have withdrawn sponsorship.  Thats awesome.

I hate to see someone lose their liveliehood, but he pissed in his own bed. All he had to to do was apologize, but he thought he would use the "bad" publicity and spin it into ratings or success. F**k Him!!!!!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #44: Aug 01, 2009 06:26:46 am
      I cancelled all my links to any cohen sponsorship a few months back. Well done to our yank brothers hard work. He is almost destroyed.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #45: Aug 01, 2009 02:56:58 pm
      I just read on line that Cohen is CEO of W.S.D.  What CEO actually means or what the title is I don't know. I think he "owns" the license and property rights of WSD.

I think the best track would be for any Sirius Subscribers to email Sirius about WSD. If he is dropped by Sirius than that's it. He's done. His only outlet for the show is Sirius Radio. Their will be no other way for the show to go on. He cant take it to regular radio, especially if dropped by Sirius. Plus, his whole market is Satellite radio. Their is no market for a "Soccer" phone in show on regular radio. Especially in the U.S.

WSD is just (1) show on (1) of their channels.  If threatened by other subscribers they may see that dumping the show is the wisest course.  I just cant believe that Heineken and FFT have withdrawn sponsorship.  That's awesome.

I hate to see someone lose their livelihood, but he pissed in his own bed. All he had to to do was apologize, but he thought he would use the "bad" publicity and spin it into ratings or success. F**k Him!!!!!

CEO = Chief Executive Officer.
      « Last Edit: Aug 02, 2009 11:19:26 am by MsGerrard, Reason: Corrected spelling »

Quick Reply