Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

West Brom v Liverpool - Pre Match Thread

Read 9456 times
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Re: West Brom v Liverpool - Pre Match Thread
      Reply #46: May 15, 2009 09:16:00 pm
      Manure to lose, us to win by a very narrow margin.
      Its what football's all about, Drama, and its coming  back to bite you in the balls, just when they thought it was all over
       :kop5cf8koxp6: :clap: :kop5cf8koxp6: :clap: :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpoolwz0: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf:
       :action-smiley-060: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :kop5cf8koxp6:
       :action-smiley-065: :champ: :oranje: :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpoolwz0: :ernaehrung004: :gunhappyyank:
       :action-smiley-055: :action-smiley-035: :laughing-smiley-014: :cool-smiley-027: :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpool2xt1:
       :police: :bert: :ernie: :copper: :copper: :copper: :copper: :copper: :copper: :copper:

sorry its my impression of the traveling kop. he he.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #47: May 15, 2009 09:17:26 pm
      We quite often score 5 or 6 goals at the Hawthorns, more than we get against them at Anfield in recent times so i am going to go for a 6-0 win, Nando 3 and Gerrard 3. Cant get better scorers than that :D
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #48: May 15, 2009 10:00:09 pm
      Going away this weekend, off to Kent/London, doing that bloody Moonwalk again, but only half this time, but I digress, Hopefully my sisters wirless conection will be up to streaming the game.

I think the game on Sunday will depend upon Saturdays results for both teams, us and WBA, so I will be leavng my prediction until Sunday morning/ afternoon. Saying that I hope we play a good strong team and send the Baggies down.
      justice4the96
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 360 posts |
      Reply #49: May 15, 2009 11:06:29 pm
      Great post Brian, you've summed up all the important points in just a couple of lines.

The players do indeed merit to have something to fight for in this game. The efforts they've put in to keep the title race alive over the last few weeks have been fantastic. They've kept us hoping and dreaming, they've given their all, I just want that feeling to continue as long as possible.

I agree the players have given absolutely everything in the past few weeks.. kept us hoping and dreaming. It reminds me of the flag held up in the juventus game in 2005 - MAKE US DREAM and the lads have done so this season. I hope this feeling lasts longer too. Fantastic feeling to be involved in the title race and every single player deserves credit for finally making a real fight out of it this season. At the start of the season I thought that it would be a great feeling to be atleast in with a shout come the middle of May to still be in the hunt and we have certainly achieved that this season. Rafas favourite word it seems is progress and this season in the premiership in particular has been one of huge progress. We are now a club that is more than capable of winning the league. The future looks very promising. As for West Brom regardless of the United result Rafa will certainly be making sure we end the season in style. It could be very difficult with the baggies dreaming of another great escape but if we continue with our somewhat ruthless goalscoring and awesome desire it should be 3 points. Lets just wait and see what happens this weekend .. it's a funny old game.     
      « Last Edit: May 15, 2009 11:26:56 pm by redkenny, Reason: fixed the quotation »
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #50: May 16, 2009 11:15:44 am
      Even if we are out of the title race, I want a full strength squad. The progress we've made this season is nothing to be ashamed of and the team, manager and backroom staff can hold their heads high.

I don't want the team to show defeat, even when they've been defeated. I want them to go out and produce a spectacular performance even if it was all for nothing. I'm proud of the team, whatever happens, and I want them to show no mercy, regardless of the opposition and circumstances.

Come on you mighty Reds!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #51: May 16, 2009 02:49:30 pm
      Hopefully the lads will give a great perfomance tommorow just to show that it hasn't got to us. We know how much we have improved and we are only getting stronger.

I want to finish as close to Ushited in terms of points as possible so a comfortable win tommorow will be great. It will also be great watching the team knowing that there isn't any pressure. West Brom are ours for the taking tommorow and I'm sure we'll do it.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #52: May 16, 2009 02:50:58 pm
      West Brom are ours for the taking tommorow and I'm sure we'll do it.

Damn right brother!!!

I fully expect us to go out there tomorrow and rip them a new arsehole!

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS!!!! YNWA!!
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #53: May 16, 2009 02:52:14 pm
      Damn right brother!!!

Totally agree with you RK.

Let's end the season on a high and win our last two games in style.

YNWA
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #54: May 16, 2009 02:54:40 pm
      We should still play Gerrard, Torres and Kuyt. They can still make top 3 goal scorers!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #55: May 16, 2009 02:56:18 pm

:lmao: I do hope so, a wide one at that!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #56: May 16, 2009 02:58:33 pm
      Damn right brother!!!

:lmao: great line that. Hopefully we can see a chance for some of the kids to get something in this game too now
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #57: May 16, 2009 02:59:30 pm
      Sad that this game won't affect the title race now but nevertheless we should play like it is.
      I hope to see Stevie with a hat-trick and maybe a few next week to claim the golden boot prize :)
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #58: May 16, 2009 04:35:44 pm
      I expect a full strength starting 11 tomorrow with some young ones on the bench. It will be interesting to see who is missing the bench from the first team squad, that is unless Rafa decides to rest key players, which I don't think he will.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #59: May 16, 2009 07:55:08 pm
      I want babel to get a full game, also spearing and insua
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #60: May 16, 2009 07:56:23 pm
      6-0.

The lads will go out and show to the rest of the world that this season was not just United winning the title but also Liverpool improving hugely to become genuine challengers.

If we win the last two (which we will) it will give the players a lot of confidence for when they return for pre-season, and the momentum could carry through from now to the beginning of the season, giving us a crucial solid start to next season.
      g.adair
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts |
      Reply #61: May 16, 2009 08:05:25 pm
      I have got one spare for this,if anyone wants it.
      PM me you'r number and i will phone you , must be able to pick it up from me.
      £40 facevalue
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #62: May 16, 2009 08:31:10 pm
      I'm sure the lads must feel like they've had a kick in the balls, and West Brom can sniff a real chance to save themselves now.

I hope the players keep their chins up, go out there and play with no pressure on them and demolish them.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #63: May 16, 2009 08:37:51 pm
      Win this game and we are basically all but 100% guaranteed second because Chelsea wont be able to do us on goal difference should they end up on level points.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #64: May 16, 2009 09:08:14 pm
      We want second, not third and so therefore yet another must win game tommorow, not a lot of difference there then!
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #65: May 16, 2009 10:04:06 pm
      Lets win in style..... looking forward to the game despite losing the title but too right looking forward to the future
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #66: May 16, 2009 10:06:02 pm
      I'm sure the lads must feel like they've had a kick in the balls, and West Brom can sniff a real chance to save themselves now.

I hope the players keep their chins up, go out there and play with no pressure on them and demolish them.

I'm sure they will. If Stevie's latest post match interviews are anything to go by, I don't think the lads were getting their hopes up too much as they knew full well we had to rely on the mancs to drop points.

Definitely a kick in the balls, but we can get a bit nasty when we've been kicked in the balls. And I'm sure Rafa will be reminding them that we have to make sure we get these last six points.

Hopefully Alonso will start, they'll come at us and we'll pick them off.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #67: May 17, 2009 01:27:27 am
      12 hours to go.

Glad I'm not playing.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #68: May 17, 2009 01:32:17 am
      Should be a party atmosphere for us. Rafa should tell them to go out there and be proud, hold their heads up high and give the fans something to cheer about. Send a message out for next season...when, as JD rightly says, we'll win it again and be shitting on them from the branch above...

It'll take a good few weeks of polishing to get the dirty smelly greasy manc smell/fingerprints off it won't it? Or maybe even years. We best not give it back once we get it next year...

Quick Reply