Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Captain Hyypia Vs Spurs

Read 6401 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Re: Captain Hyypia Vs Spurs
      Reply #46: May 11, 2009 10:29:35 pm
      Was it Sami that let Fowler pick the honours?
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #47: May 11, 2009 10:35:06 pm
      I agree. 

I'd personally back Sami to do a job as good as any of the other three centre-backs we've got.  He may not have the legs to play week in week out but he's still as good a defender as the rest of them.

With the footballing brain Sami has, the loss of pace hasn't become much of an issue. He seems to know exactly how to deal with any different type of forward.
      zzlamezz123
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts |
      Reply #48: May 12, 2009 04:07:17 pm
      I think Hyypia will play his heart out for his last game for the club. Its been a long 10 years of service from Hyypia and he has been a great servant. No doubt he should be given the captains armband for this game. Hope Hyypia gets a goal ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #49: May 15, 2009 10:46:56 pm
      There's a vote been going today on the website.  I will close the vote tomorrow so if you want to throw in your verdict pop over to the website (Right hand side of the page)

www.anfield-online.co.uk
      justice4the96
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 360 posts |
      Reply #50: May 15, 2009 11:58:55 pm
      OHHH SAMI SAMIIII SAMI SAMI SAMI SAMI HYYPIAAAAAA
      Would be a fitting tribute to a true Liverpool Legend. Loyalty, Ability and Passion personified. Hope to see him back one day too. YNWA. 
      Scouse pie
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 10 
      Reply #51: May 16, 2009 03:32:10 pm
      Now that we have no chance of winning the title, Rafa should have no excuse in starting Hyypia in tomorrow match against West Brom as well as against Tottenham. He deserves to start in our last two matches without a doubt!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #52: May 16, 2009 10:08:30 pm
      This obviously has to happen now.

I have every confidence in Sami's ability, he won't let us down, he's a professional and will want to do a good job.

He will also want to say goodbye to the Anfield faithfull, he's been with us a very long time, and in this day and age when players move from club to club at the drop of a hat, as soon as they smell the money, Sami's never been swayed by the money.

Never any scandal about him in the papers, no throwing himself around on the pitch, just come in and done a good job.

I will be honoured to be at Anfield on the last day of the season to wish Sami all the best.

Quick Reply