Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

United clinch title

Read 17273 times
      King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Re: United clinch title
      Reply #69: May 17, 2009 08:45:36 am
      Good Morning!

I won't bother to flatter you with the kind of outraged response you're clearly trying to provoke from me. On the other hand, I will take the opportunity of laughing at you! :D

I try to put myself in your shoes and I just can't! Were Liverpool to have won the title this year, my first thought wouldn't be to run onto a Manc forum and try to annoy their fans, I'd want to celebrate between Liverpool supporters what we had achieved.

You're a very sad, petty little man, to be poked fun at and ridiculed! :lmao:

I won't waste more time with you, no matter how many dots you put after each sentence................ ........!

If you really believe that I am trying to provoke an outraged response from you then I was right, you really DO have no clue......
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #70: May 17, 2009 09:13:59 am
      Wonder why a stray scum dog doing here?
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #71: May 17, 2009 09:26:39 am
      Wonder why a stray scum dog doing here?
      That comment is insulting to dogs.
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #72: May 17, 2009 09:37:23 am

And the English language........
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #73: May 17, 2009 09:46:48 am
      If you really believe that I am trying to provoke an outraged response from you then I was right, you really DO have no clue......

How else was I meant to take your post, saying I was bitter and that I have no clue? Clearly not a provocation on your part! ;)

I do feel sorry for you though. Your United forums really must be a sorry place if you're spending so much time here after clinching the title! :D

Either that's a fact, or you are the silly little man seeking fun in winding us up. One way or the other, I'm really glad not to be in your shoes!

:lmao:
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #74: May 17, 2009 09:52:33 am

Actually if the dog is the real dog then we should treat them nicely and with care but that does not apply to Manure and their c**t fans!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #75: May 17, 2009 10:22:02 am
      Yes, those cu*ts did clinch it and I know it wont make any difference to them, but for me this Title will always have an asterisk (*) against it. The year they win it Liverpool Football Club did the double over them.

At least we can hold our heads up high and say we were the only team in the whole league that didn't bend over for them and get fu**ed up the arse.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #76: May 17, 2009 10:27:39 am
      ^^And to add to that we f**ked them!
      BlueDuffleCoat
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts | -4 
      Reply #77: May 17, 2009 11:27:26 am
      For once the league proved that the best team doesnt always win

How have you worked that one out mate? Manchester United have been the best team in the Premiership this season, like it or not, they are ahead on points, because they have been able to climb straight out of their blips and have been able to both finish games off and comeback into matches when they were on the brink of suffering a defeat. As much as I dislike United, they deserved it this season.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #78: May 17, 2009 11:45:07 am
      ^^Are you for real? Never in a million years that 'Manure the best team' s**t will ever come out my lips!
      BlueDuffleCoat
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts | -4 
      Reply #79: May 17, 2009 12:30:00 pm
      ^^Are you for real? Never in a million years that 'Manure the best team' s**t will ever come out my lips!

I most certainly am, you see as much as I love football, as passionate as I am about Liverpool FC, I don't allow my red-rose tinted spectacles to cloud my judgement. No Championship winning side has ever won the title has been undeserving of winning it. The best team over the course of the season is the team with the most points, this season it is Manchester United.
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #80: May 17, 2009 12:39:08 pm
      I most certainly am, you see as much as I love football, as passionate as I am about Liverpool FC, I don't allow my red-rose tinted spectacles to cloud my judgement. No Championship winning side has ever won the title has been undeserving of winning it. The best team over the course of the season is the team with the most points, this season it is Manchester United.

The best team  does not only have to be the one with the most points but who has been rather demonstrated skills, perseverance but most of all who has actively sustained the awe and interest of football lovers in general. The team who has generated most attention by being a true challenger is of course the distinguished Liverpool. And talking about points there is no big marge of difference,.. this only mirrors the vision and vigor of Liverpool to achieve it next season. This is no "clouding of judgment", its a fact!
      BlueDuffleCoat
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts | -4 
      Reply #81: May 17, 2009 12:46:59 pm
      Look, Manchester United have won the league, they're the best team in the league and have been for the past three seasons. You can say "well they were lucky to win here, gain a point here", "Ronaldo dived here, Rooney tumbled there", "We beat them at Old Trafford" and so forth....it makes little difference. You might not think the best team wins the league, but the table doesn't lie. The team that accumlates the most points and wins the league is the best team by default. Liverpool were not the best team this season, hence why we haven't won the league.
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #82: May 17, 2009 12:53:37 pm
      That is rationalizing an irrational thought..by saying OK manure got more points. I agree with that they got more points but generate less charisma!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #83: May 17, 2009 01:23:06 pm
      Reporter: Were Manchester United the best team this season?

Rafa: Yes, they have more points than us.
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #84: May 17, 2009 01:23:58 pm
      That is rationalizing an irrational thought..by saying OK manure got more points. I agree with that they got more points but generate less charisma!

This is quite a rare season in that Liverpool have scored more goals than United but you have your rose tinted Liverpool specs on if you believe that Liverpool have more charisma than United...

Liverpool are a great club but you will never accept that United are also...
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #85: May 17, 2009 02:22:40 pm
      Yes I do believe that Liverpool have more charisma than Man Scums. For starters, we don't have the spending power like Manure did but we still could deliver. Even with Ronaldo, Tevez, Berbatov, Rooney combined they still couldn't score more than we did. Third, even their players wanted to play with us (remember Heinze and now Tevez) but not heard of any Liverpool player wanting to go there(remember how Fergie admired Gerrard?).
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #86: May 17, 2009 02:57:48 pm
      Yes I do believe that Liverpool have more charisma than Man Scums. For starters, we don't have the spending power like Manure did but we still could deliver. Even with Ronaldo, Tevez, Berbatov, Rooney combined they still couldn't score more than we did. Third, even their players wanted to play with us (remember Heinze and now Tevez) but not heard of any Liverpool player wanting to go there(remember how Fergie admired Gerrard?).

Excuse me but United have won 11 league titles since Liverpool last won one, you are of course entitled to your opinion but I just have a different one...
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #87: May 17, 2009 03:24:49 pm
      I don't even care with your opinion. The fact is you have 200 million + worth of striking option but still score less than us!
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #88: May 17, 2009 03:29:32 pm
      I don't even care with your opinion. The fact is you have 200 million + worth of striking option but still score less than us!

Well this season you are correct but we won the league....

I'd gladly score less than Liverpool every year if it meant we won the league.....

Most seasons we score more than Liverpool but what does that prove?...
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #89: May 17, 2009 06:33:51 pm
      it proves that liverpool are on the way up!?
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #90: May 17, 2009 07:21:50 pm
      Well this season you are correct but we won the league....

I'd gladly score less than Liverpool every year if it meant we won the league.....

Most seasons we score more than Liverpool but what does that prove?...

Last season we scored more than you, we were top scorers in the league, if my memory serves correctly.

Jog on, son.
      LYNCH
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 40 posts |
      Reply #91: May 17, 2009 07:22:41 pm
      Both clubs have charisma fellow contributors as always has been their tradition. The Gunners do as well. Chelsea do not. That is my take on that particular subject. Yes Liverpool are on the up but anyone who thinks that Man U are on the slide should realise that they have a serious youth system to complement their big buys. That has been the eseence of Fergie's mgt and the reason the club have been very successful for the last 16 yrs. They have also developed a serious stadium on a piecemeal basis. One more salient point is that when Liverpool had their dominant period in the '70's and '80's Man U did the double on them on one or two occasions if my mind serbes me correctly. Methinks the cliche that consistency over a season is what counts always comes home to roost. Next season will be interesting though as i still believe Arsenal will have a say in matters.

Quick Reply