Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

This seasons effort - a thank you

Read 7621 times
      timmj60
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts | -14 
      Re: This seasons effort - a thank you
      Reply #46: May 17, 2009 10:30:12 am
      Did you listen yesterday to Fergie still rattling on about our 4 -1 victory over them(they were the better team).Even in his moment of glory we got under his skin.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #47: May 17, 2009 11:17:22 am
      Thanks to Rafa and the players involved it was a massive effort and improvement on last year.

The players showed courage and character through out the campaign. I think the experience gathered by all involved will be essential in to putting us over that line next year.

YNWA

IRWT
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #48: May 17, 2009 11:58:33 am
      A massive thank you to everyone at our club.

The improvement across the club has been evident this season. Players have been signed up on longer contracts, as has Rafa. We've bolstered the staff and we're looking forward to a good summer.

And although it is all over for the time being, I think we have set ourselves up for an onslaught on United next season. 3 more points this season and it's our biggest ever points tally. 6 more would be nice too. ;)

I know we've got two games left and there's nothing to play for, but we've been beaten in the league only twice this year. We're unbeaten against not only our fellow 'Big 4' clubs, but everyone else except Middlesborough and Tottenham.

We can all point to those tiresome draws, but if anything they've only come to make us the team we've finished the season as. One which goes for the kill and wins comfortably. I feel that things happen for a reason and those draws have come about to give us a change of outlook. As a result, we've enjoyed thumping wins against some of the biggest and formidable clubs in our league and in Europe.

Roll on next season now. Once again. Thank you Liverpool FC.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #49: May 17, 2009 06:07:22 pm
      I am really proud of the way in which we finished this season its really hard to see how we lost the league we are by far the best team. You can definitely see room for only 1 or 2 new QUALITY players in the summer. Dont forget what Rafa has had to put up with and handle like a true gentleman the guy is class. Stevie is just incredible and I cant find words to describe his contribution so thanks Stevie.To all the team and staff you have tried your utmost and come so close next year it will be different.
      To Parry, Hicks and Gillette you are not worthy of this club leave with dignity please.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #50: May 17, 2009 06:37:07 pm
      Well done you Reds, you have given me a lot of good days this season, and you have kept us going right through to the last week. Thank you guys....
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #51: May 17, 2009 07:03:02 pm
      A big thank you to Rafa and his staff and to all the players who have kept me on the edge of my seat all season.
      We have come so close this season that i could smell it , i had my doubts that we could be contenders but the team has done relay well and proved me wrong, Next season for sure.
      I'm proud and privileged to be an LFC RED, so once again thank you.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #52: May 17, 2009 07:21:26 pm
      We were brilliant this season , to many draws, Nando being out didnt help but  what and effort from our players manager and staff thanks for a great season.
      Some of the games we played in were extraordinary to watch our never say die attitude made me proud to be a red
      Come the start of next season with a few new players in ,the titles coming back where it belongs ,to
       Liverpool Football Club
      Mon The Pool
      Milestone
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts |
      • Liverpool FC - The only club to watch in England
      Rafa
      Reply #53: May 17, 2009 08:10:54 pm
      Thanks a million..rafa, the players, backroom staff,the fans, the list is endless
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #54: May 18, 2009 02:15:09 am
      There's an article in The Times today saying that since the Premier League began, or it may have been earlier, no team that won the league finished outside the top three the season before.

Bearing in mind we finished 4th last year it seems we were always up against it.

Next year though, we won't be able to use that excuse.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #55: May 18, 2009 09:00:25 pm
      I am soooooooooo proud of each players effort this year- even those who maybe at the start of the season didn't play great but they all progessed (namely Lucas and Dossena). This is the closest Liverpool have been to winning the league in my life time and maybe with the same effort and confidence next season, they can go one step closer and actually win it.

WE LOVE YOU LIVERPOOL!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply