Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

West Brom 0-2 Liverpool - Post Match Celebrating

Read 14328 times
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Re: West Brom 0-2 Liverpool - Post Match Celebrating
      Reply #46: May 17, 2009 09:05:05 pm
      Agree that Carra took his frustration out on Arbeloa but I've read his explanation on the LFC site and he was frustrated that WBA managed to get so many chances and blames our sloppy defence - which is true IMO, just proves how Carra will fight for the cause all the way.  I know which player I'd always want in our back four and it's Carra.  Maybe should have left the 'spat' for the dressing room but I think he was so desperate to keep a clean sheet and Arbeloa needed a 'slap'.  Now time to forget and on to the Spurs game and just hope Keane doesn't get to make his point next week! >:(
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #47: May 17, 2009 09:06:47 pm
      Agree that Carra took his frustration out on Arbeloa but I've read his explanation on the LFC site and he was frustrated that WBA managed to get so many chances and blames our sloppy defence - which is true IMO, just proves how Carra will fight for the cause all the way.  I know which player I'd always want in our back four and it's Carra.  Maybe should have left the 'spat' for the dressing room but I think he was so desperate to keep a clean sheet and Arbeloa needed a 'slap'.  Now time to forget and on to the Spurs game and just hope Keane doesn't get to make his point next week! >:(

He had time to make his point, it'd be too late to make it now.

He'll miss a 2 yard sitter and then jump over Reina.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #48: May 17, 2009 10:05:33 pm
      Not as much celebrating in this thread as the title would suggest. ;)

I thought this was a well earned win. West Brom gave us a good go and credit to them for sticking to the football they've believed in all season. The other teams who've played scrappy football might survive and it's a crying shame that they've gone down in place of them.

We didn't set the world alight but we still came out on top. Hopefully we're going to carry these new characteristics through to next season.

Just to add about the Carra - Arbeloa tiff. Arbeloa did seem a little lax in his approach to this match. I realise that the title race is over and it's not as important but we still need to approach each match in the same way if we're to keep our run going. Carragher was obviously pissed off with him but he really should have waited until after the match if he was that bothered. Just wondering what Arbeloa's response was to Carragher's 'constructive criticism' while he was on his arse.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #49: May 17, 2009 11:24:35 pm
      Alot of players make mistakes but there is no need for what Carra did.... Carra hasnt been great this season, maybe I sound harsh here... but if you minus the own goals he scored v hull and spurs we may still be in this race....but yeah that was a mistake ..... and you never saw any other team mate come up and push carra for them incidents respectively..... Carra's behaviour this season has been shocking at times, rufusing to play right back also... kick off with pelligrino.... this isnt on... the last thing we want is, our morale to get effected by someone trying to be a biggy... you dont see Gerrard like that with his team mates..... and Gerrard is the captain, and rightly so.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #50: May 18, 2009 12:23:50 am
      Be honest people for Christ sakes!!

When Tevez and Ronaldo threw the dummies out the pram we jumped on it, this is exactly the same but worse, they were arguingwith each other. It does not show passion, it does not show commitment. It shows a complete lack of discipline and down right petulence. It is not how Liverpool go about things, Hicks and Gillette have had alot of criticisms for bickering in public, again this is just the same.

Can do without it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #51: May 18, 2009 12:37:54 am
      To be fair, Jamie said Arby had sh*t trabs and Alvaro reacted by calling Carragher a woolyback.

I think Jamie was a slight pissed off with Saturday's viewing and Arbeloa was standing up for himself. What does need pointing out is that I didn't see anyone in green having a go at Jamie when he made a c**t out of himself at Upton Park last week.

I even found Carraghers comments on MOTD a bit embarrasing, as Pepe was doing a fine job of keeping a clean sheet himself.

In terms of the game, we did alright, but looked a bit like our hearts really wasn't in it with the notable exceptions of Reina, Gerrard, Lucas and Dirk. IMO

Torres was totally out of it today
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #52: May 18, 2009 12:40:57 am
      Exactly when Carra was called dallying on the ball last week, that would have led to a goal if it was anybody with decent studs in. Nobody had a pop because its not the done thing. Can't have double standards within the ranks. Be it gerrard, carra, lucas or n'gog. Everybody is equal - as rafa says its about the squad!

On a more positive note, thought Lucas played very well today, looking far more assured, and the fans seem to be laying off him a bit more, and not before time.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #53: May 18, 2009 12:48:05 am
      This is a lot of nothing and would be over before the players had changed. Its not the first time players have had words or shoved each other on the pitch. No harms done.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #54: May 18, 2009 12:51:30 am
      To me Torres looked like he was scared to push it today. Maybe he wasnt 100%?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #55: May 18, 2009 09:00:19 am
       We got the 3 points and that should be enough to finish second.I was disappointed in our standard of football and felt that Alonso made a difference when he came on with his passing.There has been enough said about Carra and Arbeloa but it is sad when something like that happens with our own players.We do not need this sort of infighting at L.F.C. Lets hope everyone gets their act together for Spurs and we send Sami Hypia out on a high
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Reply #56: May 18, 2009 03:28:44 pm
      West Brom defender Jonas Olsson has played down his on-field spat with Steven Gerrard in Liverpool's 2-0 win at The Hawthorns.

"I screamed at him, 'You're too good to dive like that'," Olsson told Aftonbladet. "He said that he didn't dive and that it was a penalty.

"There is always banter going on during the game, especially in the heat of the moment. But I have the utmost respect for Gerrard. He is one of the best players in the world.

"It is one-on-one at the end. During the last half hour, I faced Gerrard, Torres and Kuyt, that means there will be chances. When Kuyt made it 2-0 I wasn't perfect, but it is a tough situation."
      scouseuk
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | -3 
      Reply #57: May 18, 2009 03:36:44 pm
      carra the man if he carrys the defence the top hat
      for having ago  at his team mates if they not do the job
       some relax playing from some of the team
      1 game left and a rest for some of the team

ynwa 

Quick Reply