Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Another Summer of uncertainty with Transfers?

Read 5720 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2868 
      Re: Another Summer of uncertainty with Transfers?
      Reply #46: May 22, 2009 07:52:20 pm
      I don't think there will be that much uncertainty this summer if Rafa keeps Alonso.

If he does then Rafa will just look into buying 1 quality player and a couple of squad players.

However if Xabi goes, problems and uncertainty will occur.

Do we change back to 4-4-2, drop Gerrard back to centre midfield and buy a top class striker to play alongside Torres?

Or do we stick with the 4-2-3-1 and buy Barry to replace him?

Alonso's future holds the key to the summer's transfers for me.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #47: May 24, 2009 12:23:05 pm
      I think our staring 11 is good and not many changes are needed , we just need a classy left winger and a back-up striker for Nando so that when Nando is injured can do the job without any uncertainty and wont mind sitting on the bench... Xabi cannot leave ...he has been a very important player this season and we wont challenge for the title with Barry in the squad . We don't have the money or players to do rotation which is why we always have to play Steven and Nando  ( and prey to god that these two don't have injury troubles like they did this season ) in our starting 11. For next season I hope the starting line-up is :

Reina
                Arbeloa                 Carra                     Agger/Skrtel                 Aurelio

Masch       
      Kuyt/Benny                                          Alonso                                     Silva

Gerrard
                                                                        Nando

I think this can be the best one with Kuyt and Arby overlapping and Silva cutting in and Aurelio coming front will work out and of course Stevie and Nando upfront ....with Silva in the squad and he can break down teams too , the service to Nando will be quality pus if Steven is injured he can play upfront with nando as he is very versatile . For teams who play 10 men behind the ball yossi should play .

Subs : Darby for Arby
               Owen for Nando
               Spearing and Lucas for Masch and Alonso
               Riera for Silva
               Insua for Aurelio

I think Babel , Dossena , Degen  will be sold we can make most profit form Babel and even deadwood reserves like EL Zhar ,who have no chance for first team will go , and I'd like to see Nemeth and Pachaeo having more involvement with the first team too !

We don't need Johnson he is too expensive and I think Darby will do just fine plus we have others who can play as right back too . Barry is not good enough for us and we have enough back up for central mid !

But I have one question .... who do you think about who should be a back-up for Reina ...is Caverliari good enough or what about Galusci from the reserves ? Your thoughts please . 
      kennystaff
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 292 posts |
      Reply #48: May 24, 2009 01:59:07 pm
      I reckon he will look for a keeper in the summer. IMO opinion what we have now for cover isn't good enough.
      I think our staring 11 is good and not many changes are needed , we just need a classy left winger and a back-up striker for Nando so that when Nando is injured can do the job without any uncertainty and wont mind sitting on the bench... Xabi cannot leave ...he has been a very important player this season and we wont challenge for the title with Barry in the squad . We don't have the money or players to do rotation which is why we always have to play Steven and Nando  ( and prey to god that these two don't have injury troubles like they did this season ) in our starting 11. For next season I hope the starting line-up is :

Reina
                Arbeloa                 Carra                     Agger/Skrtel                 Aurelio

Masch       
      Kuyt/Benny                                          Alonso                                     Silva

Gerrard
                                                                        Nando

I think this can be the best one with Kuyt and Arby overlapping and Silva cutting in and Aurelio coming front will work out and of course Stevie and Nando upfront ....with Silva in the squad and he can break down teams too , the service to Nando will be quality pus if Steven is injured he can play upfront with nando as he is very versatile . For teams who play 10 men behind the ball yossi should play .

Subs : Darby for Arby
               Owen for Nando
               Spearing and Lucas for Masch and Alonso
               Riera for Silva
               Insua for Aurelio

I think Babel , Dossena , Degen  will be sold we can make most profit form Babel and even deadwood reserves like EL Zhar ,who have no chance for first team will go , and I'd like to see Nemeth and Pachaeo having more involvement with the first team too !

We don't need Johnson he is too expensive and I think Darby will do just fine plus we have others who can play as right back too . Barry is not good enough for us and we have enough back up for central mid !

But I have one question .... who do you think about who should be a back-up for Reina ...is Caverliari good enough or what about Galusci from the reserves ? Your thoughts please . 
      StevieIsStillGod
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 288 posts | 10 
      Reply #49: May 24, 2009 02:31:59 pm
                         Reina
      Arby     Carra       Skrtel    Insua

Masch      Alonso

Kuyt                              Tevez/Silva
                        Gerrard
                        Torres

That's the way I see us playing on most occasions next year. The only place we need improvement in out starting 11 is on the Left, even though Reira did come in and fill a role this year. We were all expecting goals off the left from Babel, but that didn't really work out and it may be time to move on.  I have an inkling we'll see Tevez, I just think he provides more power than Silva, on the ground and in the air, he's a natural poacher. We've seen Kuyt make the transition from SS to attacking winger, I think doing something similar with Tevez just suits us.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #50: May 25, 2009 12:39:45 am
      There'll be many names mentioned from now till the beginning of the new season. But what I strongly believe is the team has got the right approach and that winning mentality towards the last 10 to 12 games and it's essential that we to continue with that mentality for the next season and we can only improve further. Rafa needs to bring in players, wherever and whoever they may be with a  winning mentality, fast and aggressive. This is the mentality of the great Liverpool teams of the past, no superstars but hardworking, committed and never say die attitude players. Look at how we play in the last 10 to 12 games, Kuyt and Benayoun no longer fear getting into the opposition box and create those openings. I'm sick of hearing Alonso's name mentioned time and again, Rafa has just mentioned he's going nowhere, so he's going nowhere and the player himself said he's happy here. Can someone pls tell Real Madrid to get lost and stop snooping around here year after year. If they're so desperate to get Xabi the price will be GBP 40 mil, take it or leave it, that'll be the only way to put the issue to rest. Tevez will be a good addition, fast and aggressive to play along Torres, while a fast and aggressive right back will also  be a welcome addition. All along I thought we needed a right winger, but looking at how Kuyt performed in the last 10 to 12 games he has done remarkably well and he can continue playing there and saves us another 15 mill GBP or more. A left winger may be more of a necessity now as Riera appears to be short of pace and aggressiveness. As for David Silva who's pint size, we've seen how he razzle dazzles past defenders but will he do well in the EPL which is all about speed and aggresiveness? He will very well need time to settle down and time is definitely not on our side next season and his price tag  .....  hmmmm ...... and we need to win the league and stop the scums overaking us. No disrespect to Barry, he's a good player but our midfield is already overcrowded with talents, not sure how's he's going to complement our situation now.

Rafa has to understand bringing in one two many new players and those rumour mongering going on  unsettles exisitng players and if he needs to bring in players do it super quick to stabilise things and start plotting our battle plans next season and get the new players to assimilate themselves early with the exisitng players and tactics. We have to be realistic, we don't have a super budget and we can't afford to buy too many big name players. Realistically if we can get 3 quality players by offloading some fringe players that'll be great. On a more important note, we've bought too many so called potentials but ended up selling them at a slightly more or less price that we got them in the first place but it has severely TIED DOWN the funds year after year which can be better used to assist to buy at least 1 or 2 proven players. Owen coming back as a cover for Torres may not be a bad idea as he is a proven striker.

In summary, what we really needed is:-

*.  WINNING MENTALITY
      1.  Striker
      2.  Left Wing; and
      3.  Right Back

BlueDuffleCoat
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts | -4 
      Reply #51: May 25, 2009 05:20:40 pm
      I've got a really bad feeling we won't see a £18-25million player coming this summer. Hopefully Rafa buys very wisely if we're completely skint.

I can see one highly expensive player coming in and a few free transfers like last summer. Hopefully, they aren't all flops like Degen, Dossena and Keane.
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #52: May 25, 2009 05:41:14 pm
      Whoever comes. I understand Rafa will make the best choice for the team, just thinking that Alonso should stay. till the transfer market is not closed, there will be speculations..
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #53: May 25, 2009 08:18:55 pm
      I see the same names mentioned and in different permutations.

Like most have said, we have come in 4 points off the pace with the backbone of the team already in place.

That was with, just one out and out striker....  Torres......not four of them.  We're just very lucky to have Stevie multi tasking.

Its obvious where we need quality.

Methinks Rafa may just have a few surprises in store.

Whatever, we WILL be there next May and it will be the first title of the new era.

RedKop63  mentioned the mentality. The mentality of the great teams of the past. That IS the key.

priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #54: May 25, 2009 08:19:44 pm
      Seen a few people are saying Owen, why? he's past his best and even for free I wouldnt take him......

For me Silva is a must, I like Riera but he's not the next level which we need (still better than Downing tho), I think Tevez would be a good signing however the prices being quoted are stuptid so for thos prices no chance 15m and I think we should go for it tho

I reckon Glen Johnson might be worth a shot too but would again probably cost stupid money
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #55: May 25, 2009 09:47:50 pm
      I don't understand it, we have the best 4 in the world right now, they are: Kuyt, Gerrad, Benayoun and Torres. I don't see any reason why we should replace any of them, maybe add some depth to the team but no more.

Maybe on the right back we need another one to be able to take that spot but that's it!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #56: May 25, 2009 10:04:43 pm
      Well i for one hope we dont go through the whole Barry saga again ,unless Alonso wants to go we shouldn,t even be thinking of trading him in for barry ,who imo is not anywhere near the playmaker of Alonso.
      We keep saying about another striker but we scored the most goals this year without our two best weapons for a lot of it ,we are not that far away as this season proved so i do not see a whole lot of changes coming ,i cant see Rafa making too many changes this summer perhaps one star and the odd squad player and i think that will be it .

Quick Reply