Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Will Babel turn into the sensation that he can be???

Read 4864 times
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Re: Will Babel turn into the sensation that he can be???
      Reply #46: May 18, 2009 09:42:38 pm
      I sometimes wonder how Babel gets such criticism and Lucas so much praise, ya Babel has hinted about moves away but so has Lucas, Ya Lucas game has improved over the last couple of months but he has being getting games and the support of his manager something which Babel obviously hasn't. I think potentially Babel is a much better prospect than Lucas and think he has had more good matches for Liverpool than Lucas. Babel has being unlucky this season, after putting in an impressive performance against Real instead of being allowed to progress on this he found himself on the bench again the following week and it was weeks before he started again. He is a confidence player that needs our full support.

Perhaps Lucas has a better workrate in training which is why Rafa picks him more often than Babel.  Babel strikes me as very laid back and lazy whilst Lucas is Rafa's kind of player in that what he hasn't got in natural talent, he makes up for it by working hard and fitting into Rafa's team.  Babel has pace to burn and probably can be a world beater but is just too hit and a lot more miss for me and I'd cash in on him if it was my choice.  It would just be typical though of him going to another club and setting the world alight but I doubt he'll be doing that at Liverpool.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #47: May 18, 2009 10:19:03 pm
      Because Lucas is actually striving to prove himself and really wants to be a success at the club and is showing the right attitude and is starting to hit pretty good form as of late. Babel is showing signs that he can't be bothered to fight for his place and wants to walk into the team and be guarenteed a place regardless of how he performs. All season Babel has looked disinterested and to be honest if he isn't prepared to show improvement then he can sod off because no one is bigger than the club and doesn't have to prove themselves. Lucas may not be the greatest player at the club or a key member but at least he is working hard to try and become so, Babel should take a leaf out of his book because when he gets booed or some stick he doesn't let it effect him. Babel just basically sticks 2 fingers up and doesn't care.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #48: May 18, 2009 10:42:00 pm
      It seems to me that most of you have given up on babel,

i strongly disagree, this player has so much technical ability, he really really needs a long runout, it will change who he is, and he is Very good.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #49: May 18, 2009 10:53:14 pm

I strongly disagree, this player has so much technical ability, he really really needs a long runout, it will change who he is, and he is Very good.

I'm hoping you're right Robby. He's one of those players that you know can play well but often doesn't.

Only time will tell, if he gets the chance of course.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 2836 
      Reply #50: May 18, 2009 10:58:29 pm
      Doesn't have the Liverpool attitude in my view, therefore he won't turn out to be the player he can be.

To quote Gerrard Houlier: "Liverpool players must play like a lion, give his all. There must be determination, commitment and resolve to be a Liverpool player."

Babel doesn't have those qualities IMO.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #51: May 18, 2009 11:22:36 pm

I strongly disagree, this player has so much technical ability, he really really needs a long runout, it will change who he is, and he is Very good.

I agree with you, he has got a lot of technical ability and he probably does need a long run out in order to start showing the real signs of what he can do but up to now he hasn't shown the desire to give his all for the shirt and has done nothing to warrant a long run out when the likes of Yossi (who he would probably replace) has been playing so well and deserves to be in the team.

I hope that if he does stay this summer, we are all proved wrong because he could become a very, very good player. But he has to show the hunger and has to work to become what he already thinks he is.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #52: May 18, 2009 11:30:19 pm
      Its true that attitude makes a player, and in a way attitude it derived from mood, which in turn is derived from confidence, so in babels case this equation would improve his attitude, so more play time would produce a better player.

Yossi also deserves more time i agree, suppose you can't give it to them all, and in my mind this just shows the quality of our current squad.

Injuries to key players make these fringe players invaluable, and so this is why we need to keep babel and yossi at LFC.
      ged
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 116 posts |
      Reply #53: May 20, 2009 12:17:33 am
      Power and pace but he seems to wear ten bob shaped boots!!!!
      u1m81
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts | -1 
      Reply #54: May 20, 2009 02:09:56 am
      in short,,, NO. I dont think he has much about him, and whenever he gets the ball nothing much he does makes me sit up and think that anything will come of him... and i think someone here said they would play him over reira?!!! no in my opinion.!..
      i would offload him asap and use the money for a worldclass striker.
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #55: May 20, 2009 08:13:39 am
      Honestly I would like to keep him and Lucas.Because I think both of them given more time could turned out to be what they billed as when they first joined. But if Rafa doesn't sell either of them then I don't know where the money that he needs is gonna come from. After Stevie calling for more time to be given for Lucas I believe Babel probably will leave and I hate to say ...we might regret seeing him leave!
      mancslayer
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      • Mancs = Devil Worshipers
      Reply #56: May 22, 2009 04:08:52 pm
      could we please play him on the right wing so we can have torres and Kuyt together up front with stevie g behind them
      tho if we get Silva as apparently we are dont know what we would do with him

Quick Reply