Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Chelsea farewell for Hiddink

Read 1088 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Chelsea farewell for Hiddink
      May 30, 2009 08:46:02 pm
      Guus Hiddink admitted he was 'sad but satisfied' after ending his Chelsea reign with FA Cup glory.

The Blues fell behind to Louis Saha's record-breaking goal after just 25 seconds at Wembley but bounced back to defeat Everton 2-1.

Didier Drogba headed Chelsea level in the 21st minute and Frank Lampard then netted a stunning winner in the second half.

It was Hiddink's final match at the Chelsea helm and he concedes there was a lot of emotion in the camp as he bid farewell to his players after the final whistle.

The experienced tactician, who took charge at Stamford Bridge in February, will resume his role as full-time Russia boss on Sunday.

Hiddink said: "There were some extra-normal circumstances in the dressing room. We have a multi-cultural squad and we had a nice dance party with the staff.

"Roman (Abramovich) danced with us. He enjoyed it. He was in the middle of the party. He is not a man of many words but there were some beautiful pictures.

"It was emotional in the dressing room. I got my players together and thanked them in an emotional way for how we have worked together."

The Dutchman added: "I feel sadness because the attitude of the players was superb, but leaving with silverware gives a feeling of satisfaction. This is the best way. The standard of this club means it must win some silverware each year."

I thought he did a real good job at Chelsea. Stabilised the club and the players seemed to change dramatically under him, Malouda and Drogba notably. Obviously winning the F.A Cup was a great achievement too despite the opponents being sh*te :D

The only thing I was slightly disappointed about though was the lack of reaction to Drogba's disgraceful behaviour in the Champions League. Then again, as a manager I suppose you want to keep players on the right side of you but I would have thought something would have been said or done unless I missed out on this.

Overall I personally think he had a successful spell at Chelsea and it's going to be a loss for them this is.
      « Last Edit: May 30, 2009 11:01:14 pm by Reslivo »
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Re: Chelsea fairwell for Hiddink
      Reply #1: May 30, 2009 10:26:37 pm
      It will be a loss. Certainly worked us out in the 1st leg at Anfield - c**t.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Re: Chelsea fairwell for Hiddink
      Reply #2: May 30, 2009 10:58:40 pm
      Chelshit fans sending him off as though he were a legend already. He's hardly had time to make a mistake. Fickle cu*ts.

Always been a good manager though.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: Chelsea farewell for Hiddink
      Reply #3: May 31, 2009 07:30:45 am
      Good news this.

I personally want us to win as many trophies as possible. Our rivals losing valuable assets can only be good for us.

Tough luck, Chavs, hope you have plenty of trouble replacing him.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #4: May 31, 2009 08:59:43 am
      Bringing Russia and South Korea to the semi-finals in Euro 2008 and World Cup 2002 respectively speak about his abilities as a manager. Even brought Australia to the second round in the 2006 World Cup. If i'm not mistaken, he's only lost one game and that was against Tottenham.

Good news that he isn't gonna continue there next season.

So glad that he is leaving them :P
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #5: May 31, 2009 02:26:19 pm
      Hope that you'll continue to produce more terrific results and hope also the b***hes will get another useless manager to start with next season!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #6: May 31, 2009 03:06:04 pm
      Hope that you'll continue to produce more terrific results and hope also the b***hes will get another useless manager to start with next season!

The only managers I want to produce terrific results are Benitez and Capello.

Quick Reply