Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Liverpool 0-0 Everton (The 205th Merseyside Derby)

Read 9252 times
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Everton (The 205th Merseyside Derby)
      Reply #23: Feb 03, 2007 02:47:40 pm
      Disappointing.  Plenty of chances, just some poor finishing and Everton, to be fair, defended well.

They are typical of most sides who come to Anfield with no ideas, with 10 men behind the ball, and all out defence.  Very dull, but we need to learn how to expose these sides. 

Okay, we have a great record at Anfield in terms of going undefeated (29 Premiership games now) but we have drawn a couple this season against seriously sub-standard opposition.

At least we weren't insulted by them getting a poxy goal.  Title dream, methinks, is over.  Barcelona up in a couple of weeks to look forward to.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #24: Feb 03, 2007 03:05:20 pm
      Just exactly whats up with Xabi at the moment, he's carelessly giving the ball away time after time.  To be honest i'm glad he's out against Newcastle, might give someone else the chance to shine - Momo ??   ;)
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #25: Feb 03, 2007 03:14:27 pm
      To be honest you have to give old Golom his due, he came with a game plan, but besides that we were poor in the last 3rd today very poor. Im sorry to say yet again Pennant has disapointed me he seems to lack a lot of pace since he has come to us for what ever reason and besides one goal and one second half performance he has not done anything for me to justify the big money we paid for him.

The game today seemed to be rather a subdued affair with none of the passion we usually get with this game, and although we had most of the ball we seemed to run out of ideas and lack that killer punch today. That last minate effort from Crouch was laughable really he just sorta flashed his leg at it with no conviction what so ever.

I hope we can run those Jordies around else Im gonna be well pissed off next time..
      TINHEAD14
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #26: Feb 03, 2007 09:26:51 pm
      Disappointing result today, we didnt create any clear-cut chances in the 2nd half especially & Rafa bringing on robbie with 5mins left, whats he meant to do, everybody could see with 20mins to go that we needed to make a change, so why leave it so late. Also with le'arsenal drawing at boro, it makes the are league game with them a 6 pointer
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #27: Feb 03, 2007 10:37:01 pm
      I never posted a prediction but was confident we could win this one comfortably going by current form. I was disappointed to see Kyut playing in what seemed to be a left mid role ? whats that all about? The trouble he causes defenders when he's right at em all the time was diluted, just what the blue sh*te would have wanted and wouldn't have been able to counter without Rafa's help. As for Pennant, he was bought for his pace and ability to go past defenders and get great crosses and service into the box. So where is it? Once every four or five games is not good enough for the reds. He seems to lack confidence in his own ability and he's had countless chances to correct it,  He must have been told loads of times ' you need to get behind the full back and get the service in' Don't mean to be too negative but I think he's just not up to it and Rafa seems to have out thought himself with tactics when we were going so good. As Shanks once said ' If it's not broken, don't fix it.'  I'm so, so, disappointed, I was sure we were going to catch Chelski, now I'm not so sure.
      davie t
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 501 posts |
      Reply #28: Feb 04, 2007 11:41:57 am
      Iv just been reading paper and it said that the everton fans let themselves down badly with some sick chants designed to provoke the liverpool fans does anyone know what they were singing about.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #29: Feb 04, 2007 04:55:27 pm
      Iv just been reading paper and it said that the everton fans let themselves down badly with some sick chants designed to provoke the liverpool fans does anyone know what they were singing about.

'justice for the 39' after we sang 'where's your european cups'
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #30: Feb 04, 2007 07:09:45 pm
      I was really confident, gutted we didn't win!!

Quick Reply