Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2341779 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #10465: Sep 02, 2014 12:36:51 am
      Wind up for now. Reportedly done, just crossing the t's and dotting the i's.

They might want to hurry though.

How long is the extension for?
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #10466: Sep 02, 2014 12:41:12 am
      times fly, what is the status now.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #10467: Sep 02, 2014 12:43:16 am
      Looks like they're in deep deep sh*t. Panic buying all over the place and they bought players for positions that they don't really need. What's wrong with Welbeck,  he's not the best or the worst striker around, by selling him and thought falcao would settle in nicely is a big big gamble. If the window is still open, they'll still be buying. Sir alex slur knew what was coming all along and that could be the very reason that the old fox relinquished his position as fast as lightning and left Moyes and LVG with a mountain to climb.

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #10468: Sep 02, 2014 12:45:10 am
      Not just Falcao's knee that may trouble. Heard rumours that Van Persie's knee is flaring up again.

And they sold Welbeck, I heard?  Must be desperate selling not only desperate buying, to recoup some cash.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #10469: Sep 02, 2014 01:03:19 am
      Welbeck deal done. hope they dont get Falcao now. ha   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #10470: Sep 02, 2014 01:09:54 am
      They think they can just walk back into the CL with consummate ease. As we learned to our cost (a cost of 5 years) it's incredibly tough to try and find your way back into it. We got very fortunate in that we discovered one of, if not the most talented manager in a generation.

On paper with the players they have, ok they have a chance of finishing top 4, but things don't always turn out to be that way due to many factors. However great a manager one is, it takes time to understand the club, management, players, game, opposition teams etc better and LVG simply needs to understand the EPL better, he simply can't compare with the other leagues that he had worked with before. In other words, he needs to play save in the first season and build on from there. I suspect that their pre-season success has given LVG a false impression that they're really that good, beating everyone at sight.

When reality sets in as in the competitive games against Swansea and Burnley, suddenly LVG realise that they're not really that good after all and kick start the panic buying.  Again, LVG did not strengthen positions which are more urgent and in the short and long run may have damaging effect on the club.

With such huge capital outlay on players, I think they could most probably have  out spent both City and Chelski, the players better come good. Otherwise, it'll mean more borrowing from the bank and they'll be in deeper sh*t than they thought.

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #10471: Sep 02, 2014 01:15:26 am
      Welbeck deal done. hope they dont get Falcao now. ha   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

In all honesty if I'm MU I'd keep Welbeck, he knows the PL well and has been there before and robust while Falcao is the opposite. Seems like LVG is deflecting the pressure onto the signing of Falcao but he can only deflect that much. Time will tell whether what he has done is a point in the right direction.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #10472: Sep 02, 2014 01:18:25 am
      45 minutes left to sign him.

I kind of want it to happen, kind of don't. They'd be in a mess if they don't sign him, but for that price they're fu**ed if they do sign him and continue to not address that defence.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #10473: Sep 02, 2014 01:41:06 am
      Hahaha ... they shouldn't have sold Welbeck in the first place, wonder what is in LVG's mind. Why left it so late to sign falcao? Is there something seriously wrong with their finance or the player itself? 

Just wonder what Moyes will be thinking by now? He could be thinking the sh*t MU board did not give me the privilege of that kind of spending and now they allowed that "Mr. Know All" manager that just came in, no experience with the PL at all to spend that kind of insane amount of money. 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #10474: Sep 02, 2014 01:53:29 am
      :lmao:

£346,000 per week.

£6m loan fee.

£43.5m transfer fee at the end of the season.

28 years old (29 in February).

Meanwhile Jonny Evans will start at centre back this weekend! Wetting myself.
      « Last Edit: Sep 02, 2014 02:46:02 am by crouchinho »
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #10475: Sep 02, 2014 02:44:52 am
      It seems like a desperation buy. Its like LVG realized how sh*t his team was and said..."Who can we get that looks good and might help us....Oooh, Falcao lets get him and if we finish mid table I can blame it on the star signing, If we do good Im a genius again" It reeks of desperation. I think they need a lot more help than a sniper. These guys cant play as one. they are all over the place. F**k em. I love seeing how bad it is at United.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #10476: Sep 02, 2014 03:16:40 am
      -------------------------De Gea----------------------
      Rafael----------Jones----------Rojo-----------Shaw

Mata/Herrera----------Blind-----------------Di Maria

-------------------------Rooney---------------------
      ----------------Falcao-------------Van Persie--------

Predicted Man U lineup, a diamond in the midfield. Their back 4 is exposed and their midfield could get overrun quite easily and it puts a lot of faith in Blind to really take control of the center midfield. Not to mention with players like Mata/Herrera, Di Maria, Rooney, Falcao and Van Persie in the lineup none of them are the greatest at getting back defensively.

Very formidable attack, but very weak on defense.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #10477: Sep 02, 2014 07:31:00 am
      Two things.

Welbeck to arsenal is the new Jeffers to arsenal.

Guillem ballbag has come out and said falcao wanted to go to RM. So that's two huge signings that don't actually want to be there.

;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #10478: Sep 02, 2014 08:03:11 am
      I find it odd they would go for Hernandez and not Falcao.

They've actually made a profit on their transfers and are surely paying less wages now after letting Di Maria and Xabi leave along with a few others.

What is/was their fpp status? Did they have to make profit to comply.

Looks like they were planning on getting him and last minute pulled out for some reason hence Falcao ending up at ManU and not Madrid.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #10479: Sep 02, 2014 08:16:02 am
      I find it odd they would go for Hernandez and not Falcao.

They've actually made a profit on their transfers and are surely paying less wages now after letting Di Maria and Xabi leave along with a few others.

What is/was their fpp status? Did they have to make profit to comply.

Looks like they were planning on getting him and last minute pulled out for some reason hence Falcao ending up at ManU and not Madrid.

I'm not sure about you mate but I find that the last two transfer windows and some of the deals have been bizarre. I'm sure the reason for this will become apparent over time but after decades of clubs just signing players when they wanted for what they wanted it's hard to get your head around some of the sh*t that's going on now. It just doesn't seem to make sense.

Back on topic.

Welbeck, £16m.  :lmao:
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #10480: Sep 02, 2014 08:17:58 am
      How long do you reckon before Wayne works out Falcao is on bigger money than him and is demanding another pay rise?
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #10481: Sep 02, 2014 08:38:47 am
      Jealous they got Falcao. Then I looked at their midfield and defence. No hard feelings after that hahahaha
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #10482: Sep 02, 2014 09:03:04 am
      How long do you reckon before Wayne works out Falcao is on bigger money than him and is demanding another pay rise?

Until he learns to count.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #10483: Sep 02, 2014 09:27:59 am
      Rickie £4m, Mario £16m, Daniel £12m. :lmao:
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #10484: Sep 02, 2014 09:46:49 am
      I just hope they lose their next match.
      and Rooney as captain of the national team will be a disaster for both Man Utd and England.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #10485: Sep 02, 2014 09:56:12 am
      Falcao says hello to his dream move to Madrid on twitter on saturday night but ends up in Manchester.......must have flown with Ryanair.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #10486: Sep 02, 2014 10:20:10 am

Might take a while, I'd imagine he can't read and is still not smart enough to bang two coconuts together.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #10487: Sep 02, 2014 10:22:05 am
      Falcao says hello to his dream move to Madrid on twitter on saturday night but ends up in Manchester.......must have flown with Ryanair.

According to Falcao he is "delighted to have moved to Manchester utd, the biggest club in the world", why do I get the feeling that this was a prepared statement and he just swapped out Real Madrid with Manchester Utd ;-)
      I just can't see this working out, there is a reason why all other teams took a swerve on this deal and he ended up at the most desperate club of all. I give it 5 games before the injury flares up again.

Quick Reply