Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 13th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2386281 times
      Fan 86 and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #10488: Sep 02, 2014 10:24:03 am
      Be sweet if he does his knee again in the first game
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #10489: Sep 02, 2014 10:24:32 am
      They wanna throw money at the problem on 'superstars' - be my guest.

We are miles ahead of them, and we have what they haven't had for over a year now, a TEAM
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #10490: Sep 02, 2014 10:32:02 am
      Be sweet if he does his knee again in the first game

Why? I don't care if their strongest XI is fit or they have to field a team of youth players, they aren't competition to us at present.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #10491: Sep 02, 2014 10:57:06 am
      I'm not sure about you mate but I find that the last two transfer windows and some of the deals have been bizarre. I'm sure the reason for this will become apparent over time but after decades of clubs just signing players when they wanted for what they wanted it's hard to get your head around some of the sh*t that's going on now. It just doesn't seem to make sense.

Back on topic.

Welbeck, £16m.  :lmao:

I find them odd too mate. I understand the loans to comply with fpp but trading Hernandez with Falcao in Madrid's position is very weird. Hope someone knows something and gives some insight.

They wanted him, he wanted them and then they go for a benchwarmer from Manchester instead.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #10492: Sep 02, 2014 11:00:24 am
      I find them odd too mate. I understand the loans to comply with fpp but trading Hernandez with Falcao in Madrid's position is very weird. Hope someone knows something and gives some insight.

They wanted him, he wanted them and then they go for a benchwarmer from Manchester instead.

More likely they found out that his knee was still a bit dodgy plus he's a greedy f**ker who wanted £300k per week.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #10493: Sep 02, 2014 11:04:01 am
      Complete Idiots helping out Wenger, hope it comes back to haunt them when they finish 6th. Imagine Arse for 3mths with Sanogo leading the line..........!!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #10494: Sep 02, 2014 11:29:12 am
      Complete Idiots helping out Wenger, hope it comes back to haunt them when they finish 6th. Imagine Arse for 3mths with Sanogo leading the line..........!!

Helping out Wenger! They've just bent him over, pulled his trousers down and rammed a baguette up his bottom. Oo la la.
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #10495: Sep 02, 2014 12:03:24 pm
      The Balo deal looks even better after looking at the mancs transfers.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #10496: Sep 02, 2014 12:07:08 pm
      I must be the only who thinks Welbeck for £16 million is not that bad. In a world where Borini is £14 million and Ross Mccormack goes for £11 million, Welbeck for £16 isn't that bad. Adam Lallana is going for over £20 million million too. Welbeck has a decent scoring record when played upfront.

He's only 23 and being English boosts the value.

Not the striker Arsenal need but that's not the worst price in the world.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #10497: Sep 02, 2014 12:09:42 pm
      I must be the only who thinks Welbeck for £16 million is not that bad. In a world where Borini is £14 million and Ross Mccormack goes for £11 million, Welbeck for £16 isn't that bad. Adam Lallana is going for over £20 million million too. Welbeck has a decent scoring record when played upfront.

He's only 23 and being English boosts the value.

Not the striker Arsenal need but that's not the worst price in the world.

Lallana is ten times the player Welbeck is.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #10498: Sep 02, 2014 12:11:33 pm
      He went for the same price as Mario. I know who I'd prefer.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #10499: Sep 02, 2014 12:11:42 pm
      Lallana is ten times the player Welbeck is.

Really? I like Lallana but he's only had 1 season where he's played well. He is the better player, but £25M for decent one season is a premium. Which proves my point that English players cost a premium.
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #10500: Sep 02, 2014 12:23:08 pm
      Regardless of the market Welbeck is a cheap mans Sturridge. He isn't the player I would have thought who would give Arsenal that edge.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #10501: Sep 02, 2014 12:28:02 pm
      Regardless of the market Welbeck is a cheap mans Sturridge. He isn't the player I would have thought who would give Arsenal that edge.

He's 10x better than Sanogo who was their only option.

LFCexiled
      Reply #10502: Sep 02, 2014 02:29:42 pm

I think it'll become obvious why the transfers have gone a bit strange, in time. I know it's FFP related but I still can't understand some of the transfers. Another thing that's happening is players seem to have gotten stronger with quite a few just flatly refusing to move.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #10503: Sep 02, 2014 02:40:42 pm
      He's 10x better than Sanogo who was their only option.
      Sanago may not score many goals, but he's got movement and he's only 22... he'll come good just give it a couple of years. How deluded does that sound, go back a year or 2 and it sounds like Borini. In my honest opinion, Manchester United just brought players they didn't need. In Di Maria out Nani. In Falcao out Welbeck and Hernandez.  In Herrera out Kagawa, Valencia... in Blind.. still in.. a weak defense.  In the process of reshaping Arsenal have been granted a lifeline. Manchester United had a chance to take Arsenal's place as 4th, from all the stupid transfers... I'm really speechless about United right now.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #10504: Sep 02, 2014 02:44:46 pm
      Sanago may not score many goals, but he's got movement and he's only 22... he'll come good just give it a couple of years. How deluded does that sound, go back a year or 2 and it sounds like Borini. In my honest opinion, Manchester United just brought of players they didn't need. In Di Maria out Nani. In Falcao out Welbeck. In Herrera out Kagawa and Valencia... in Blind.. still in.. a weak defense.  In the process of reshaping Arsenal have been granted a lifeline. Manchester United had a chance to take Arsenal's place as 4th, from all the stupid transfers... I'm really speechless about United right now.

The Mancs haven't signed the players they need but you can't deny the players they signed are all improvements on the players they are replacing.
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #10505: Sep 02, 2014 04:43:37 pm
      Sanago may not score many goals, but he's got movement and he's only 22... he'll come good just give it a couple of years. How deluded does that sound, go back a year or 2 and it sounds like Borini. In my honest opinion, Manchester United just brought players they didn't need. In Di Maria out Nani. In Falcao out Welbeck and Hernandez.  In Herrera out Kagawa, Valencia... in Blind.. still in.. a weak defense.  In the process of reshaping Arsenal have been granted a lifeline. Manchester United had a chance to take Arsenal's place as 4th, from all the stupid transfers... I'm really speechless about United right now.

Sanogo will come good in a couple of years because he is 22 but Welbeck can't because he is 23? :confused-smiley-013:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #10506: Sep 02, 2014 04:57:34 pm
      Sanogo will come good in a couple of years because he is 22 but Welbeck can't because he is 23? :confused-smiley-013:

I don't think either will come good, although out of the two Wellbeck probably has a greater chance.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #10507: Sep 02, 2014 05:31:55 pm
      Why? I don't care if their strongest XI is fit or they have to field a team of youth players, they aren't competition to us at present.

Because they spent so much money to just loan him and it would have been for nothing. Doesn't matter if they aren't competition to us or not, seeing things go wrong for them is kwality.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #10508: Sep 02, 2014 05:47:30 pm
      There's every chance they could do a Tottenham.  Seeing most experts strongest 11's there's only De Gea, Raphael, Jones and Rooney from their pre transfer window 11.

That's a hell of a big turnover of players to hope they can make an immediate difference to their fortunes.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #10509: Sep 02, 2014 05:52:48 pm

The first two being crap and the last one constantly doing a magicians disappearing act.
      AmeriPool Red
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #10510: Sep 02, 2014 05:53:29 pm
      Them getting Falcao sucks but it's only for one season. No way he stays on a permanent deal when they are still utter sh*te. He'll be at Real Madrid next summer. I'm sure he said he wanted to play in Real Madrid and that he didn't say he wanted to play with a Real player (Di Maria).  :lmao:

Top 6 is a pipe dream for them. Falcao only stops the bleeding he's just a band-aid for them. Shrek is the Captain and it would be pretty funny if he got dropped to the bench on his £300k a week or if RVP got dropped after being LVG's love child. So many things they could have done to improve their team but adding Falcao and Di Maria when they clearly need midfielders and defenders is just plain stupidity. I love that they are just mid-table ManUre. :laugh:

Quick Reply