Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 12th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2384673 times
      DanMann and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #11224: Jun 30, 2015 09:56:33 am
      Sky sports /sources reporting they offered £28.6 mill for Ramos and he apparentley wants to join them.!!

Every other source says Ramos is staying put.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #11225: Jun 30, 2015 04:27:04 pm
      Every other source says Ramos is staying put.
      BBC are saying it now too. It's a rediclious amount of money for somebody who is 29. He's probably only got 1 or 2 seasons left at the level expected for that money.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #11226: Jun 30, 2015 08:35:47 pm
      It's a shame. I think I wouldn't be too fussed about them splurging a god awful amount of money on a complete tosser of a human being who I think has past it.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #11227: Jul 04, 2015 08:41:04 am
      Over the past week articles have been published on the guardian about how sterling can be " reborn" at man city, then that he should be made captain of lfc, and then they come out with this sh!t:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jul/03/angel-di-maria-manchester-united-argentina-copa-america

Ass-kissing a player who has done f$#k all for them since he arrived for sixty, SIXTY million pounds. Add to that the relative lack of commentary (throughout all media) on the mancs' insane wage bill which, if we were paying something similar, we'd be ridiculed on.

I usually like the guardian but jeeeeeesus there are some manc-loving tw@ts over there.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,515 posts | 8685 
      Reply #11228: Jul 04, 2015 12:50:50 pm
      Over the past week articles have been published on the guardian about how sterling can be " reborn" at man city, then that he should be made captain of lfc, and then they come out with this sh!t:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jul/03/angel-di-maria-manchester-united-argentina-copa-america

Ass-kissing a player who has done f$#k all for them since he arrived for sixty, SIXTY million pounds. Add to that the relative lack of commentary (throughout all media) on the mancs' insane wage bill which, if we were paying something similar, we'd be ridiculed on.

I usually like the guardian but jeeeeeesus there are some manc-loving tw@ts over there.

Northern operation based in Manchester and also same company also does the Manc Evening News.

BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #11229: Jul 04, 2015 03:08:42 pm
      Northern operation based in Manchester and also same company also does the Manc Evening News.

Didn't know that but it would make sense. Guardian football isn't based in London?

Their podcast is quality but lots of the writing makes no sense. There's also this really annoying tendency for British sports writers to get too clever, too cute in their writing I.E. the rumour mill. Most of it isn't funny, just contrived, idiotic jibber jabber!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #11230: Jul 04, 2015 03:10:38 pm
      Most of it isn't funny, just contrived, idiotic jibber jabber!

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #11231: Jul 07, 2015 07:19:15 am
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #11232: Jul 11, 2015 03:59:51 pm
      Agreed a deal for Schweinsteiger. Great player.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33492562
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #11233: Jul 11, 2015 06:20:02 pm
      Been reading up that he's past it. I'd have to disagree if his injuries are sorted. I feel deep lying playmakers can play at a very high standard until 33 ish, the world class ones can last a bit longer!!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,559 posts | 1547 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #11234: Jul 11, 2015 07:41:14 pm
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,338 posts | 2837 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #11235: Jul 11, 2015 08:11:30 pm
      They've also confirmed the signing of Matteo Darmian, a right back from Torino. Know very little about him apart from the fact he's great on Football Manager.

Maybe that's why they were not so keen on Clyne?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #11236: Jul 11, 2015 09:58:31 pm
      They've also confirmed the signing of Matteo Darmian, a right back from Torino. Know very little about him apart from the fact he's great on Football Manager.

Maybe that's why they were not so keen on Clyne?

Liked what I saw from Darmian at last year's World Cup. One of the few bright spots for Italy.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #11237: Jul 13, 2015 11:18:20 am
      No big signings so far from them to a tune on 30 to 40 mil each, I could have missed, does it signal that they are financially cash strapped?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #11238: Jul 13, 2015 11:25:48 am
      No big signings so far from them to a tune on 30 to 40 mil each, I could have missed, does it signal that they are financially cash strapped?

The press are jerking off with talk of potential/ likely/ a step closer to Prem Champions because they made a few 20m+ signings.
      So has LFC.

If they make a 30m+ signing they must therefore be Euro Champions elect.
      So could LFC.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #11239: Jul 13, 2015 11:40:36 am
      The press are jerking off with talk of potential/ likely/ a step closer to Prem Champions because they made a few 20m+ signings.
      So has LFC.

If they make a 30m+ signing they must therefore be Euro Champions elect.
      So could LFC.
      The amount of scum supporters creaming at the signing of past his best Schweinsteiger is too damn high.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #11240: Jul 13, 2015 11:47:32 am
      The amount of scum supporters creaming at the signing of past his best Schweinsteiger is too damn high.

The coming season will be greatly entertaining for the majority of footy supporters while they laugh at those wankers and their cartoon face manager.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #11241: Jul 13, 2015 10:53:50 pm
      The coming season will be greatly entertaining for the majority of footy supporters while they laugh at those wankers and their cartoon face manager.

The Mancs I have spoken too aren't actually all that impressed by it, one in particular who is always ready to stick the boot in but even he is thinking his best days are behind him and they could have done better.

But the other bunch of Mancs assume that because of the career he has had he is now a top class signing, yet I bet none of them have even followed him over the last couple of seasons so don't know he's done sod all.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #11242: Jul 13, 2015 11:04:01 pm
      I don't know guys, their CMs are as solid as anybody in the league: Herrera, Schneirderlin, Schweinsteiger, Blind, Carrick. Mostly defensive minded guys, but that's a real solid core. Darmian is a good addition to a problem spot for them at RB.

That said, they're a bit short in the striker department, and I'm not sure they can rely on just Rooney to get all of their goals.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #11243: Jul 13, 2015 11:09:31 pm
      I don't know guys, their CMs are as solid as anybody in the league: Herrera, Schneirderlin, Schweinsteiger, Blind, Carrick. Mostly defensive minded guys, but that's a real solid core. Darmian is a good addition to a problem spot for them at RB.

That said, they're a bit short in the striker department, and I'm not sure they can rely on just Rooney to get all of their goals.

Had you honestly heard of Darmian before they signed him?

I sure as sh*t hadn't.

They still need a centre back and a striker same as we need two more top players.

I think there's very little between the two squads.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #11244: Jul 13, 2015 11:20:27 pm

You look at their midfield and you see a bunch of ball playing midfielders who can defend. Players that can dominate the middle, keep possession and control the game. I actually think they will win a lot of midfield battles which in my opinion is usually the key to winning games.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #11245: Jul 13, 2015 11:44:13 pm
      Had you honestly heard of Darmian before they signed him?

I sure as sh*t hadn't.

They still need a centre back and a striker same as we need two more top players.

I think there's very little between the two squads.

Only seen him playing for Italy mate. Looked good from what I saw, but internationals are tricky to judge on. I guess we'll see how he copes with the pace of the Prem.

And agree on CBs. Rojo looks alright, but Jones/Smalling is not good enough.

Not that I want any of them to be good enough :laugh:

You look at their midfield and you see a bunch of ball playing midfielders who can defend. Players that can dominate the middle, keep possession and control the game. I actually think they will win a lot of midfield battles which in my opinion is usually the key to winning games.

Absolutely, midfield is such a crucial part to winning a game. I think United will do quite well this season, to be honest.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #11246: Jul 14, 2015 04:52:05 am
      But when you have a dogshite of a defence and with your best player leaving in De Gea.I can sense this season is going to be insane  >:D

Quick Reply