Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2357604 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,181 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #11845: Feb 10, 2016 04:58:27 pm
      Nah mate, the biggest mistake you made was not planning properly for the tramps eventual retirement and allowing Gill to further his political career at the FA and UEFA whilst still employed at the Club.  One leaving would hurt any business but to have both of them leave at the same time, the outcome was wholly predictable.

You see unlike our Dynasty created by the late, great Bill Shankly, who was humble enough to realise he couldn't do it all on his own, that he needed like minded, strong characters around him to bounce ideas off, football people who saw the game like he did but who still had their own opinions which he valued, the tramp reigned as a supreme dictator.

The tramp was allowed to run the whole shebang as he saw fit, nobody else had a say, nobody else got a look in, nobody was allowed to outshine him, nobody was allowed an opinion.  Now some may say that a Manager should be strong enough to keep things in check and in some ways I agree but unlike Shanks, instead of surrounding himself with likely candidates to take over in his image, to continue the Dynasty, to keep the disruption to a minimum, he left a f**k off great big hole that nobody can fill.

I certainly couldn't call him a tramp.  ;D You mention two great managers  of the past. Irrespective of our rivalry the fact remains they were both legends to their respective clubs.  Fergie was very clever when announcing his retirement. Despite some saying he left a club on the demise he still won the league before he left, granted it was a weak league at the time but then it's been weak for a few years and the premiership is currently lagging behind European football.  :-\
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #11846: Feb 10, 2016 05:00:13 pm
      OMG it's Keith Singleton!! Good to see you after all this time! Hope all has been well these last few years for you!

Such a shame you weren't around for the era of Moyes!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,181 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #11847: Feb 10, 2016 05:00:44 pm
      A fine summary of fragmentation and collapse Debs, long may it continue.
      Couldn't wish for more likely candidate than Mourinho to keep the mayhem rolling, Jose is convinced the job is his.

Hello Stuey  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: ;D how are you mate.  ;D You miss me?? Seconds thoughts better not answer that.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,181 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #11848: Feb 10, 2016 05:02:42 pm
      OMG it's Keith Singleton!! Good to see you after all this time! Hope all has been well these last few years for you!

Such a shame you weren't around for the era of Moyes!

Hello Franky baby  ;D I was about but wasn't allowed to post. You can take the pi$$ now though as I'm thick skinned  :lmao:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #11849: Feb 10, 2016 05:03:48 pm
      A fine summary of fragmentation and collapse Debs, long may it continue.
      Couldn't wish for more likely candidate than Mourinho to keep the mayhem rolling, Jose is convinced the job is his.

You know what though Stuey and I know most will disagree with me but leaving LVG to get on with the job for another 18 months will be far more beneficial to them long term than replacing him now or in the summer.

I know it's easy to laugh at the state they're in but they actually made the right move bringing him in to set up the foundations ready for the next incumbent, rather than stumble from one managerial disaster to another, so I'm hoping they go with the fans and get rid too soon  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,181 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #11850: Feb 10, 2016 05:07:49 pm
      You know what though Stuey and I know most will disagree with me but leaving LVG to get on with the job for another 18 months will be far more beneficial to them long term than replacing him now or in the summer.

I know it's easy to laugh at the state they're in but they actually made the right move bringing him in to set up the foundations ready for the next incumbent, rather than stumble from one managerial disaster to another, so I'm hoping they go with the fans and get rid too soon  ;D
      I disagree red. His style of football doesn't suit our way, the United way.  ;D I've struggled to watch us over the past 6 months and end up going through the pain barrier  :f_wah: It can't come quick enough for me when he steps down.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #11851: Feb 10, 2016 05:17:02 pm
      I certainly couldn't call him a tramp.  ;D You mention two great managers  of the past. Irrespective of our rivalry the fact remains they were both legends to their respective clubs.  Fergie was very clever when announcing his retirement. Despite some saying he left a club on the demise he still won the league before he left, granted it was a weak league at the time but then it's been weak for a few years and the premiership is currently lagging behind European football.  :-\

Govan tramp?  That better  ;D

Like I said mate, it was either his way or the highway. 

Yes he won another title before leaving but it was at the detriment of everything else, typical of an egotist.  He just had to go out with a bang. 

I've heard people saying he had to allow his successor the opportunity to build their own squad but he left it a couple of seasons too late, so that by the time he went it was pretty much that fu**ed it was a thankless task.  He brought in a striker in van elbows that would help "him" achieve that last title but it was a desperate move from someone who knew his time was up. 

As for Europe, he was pretty sh*t there for more or less the whole of his 26 year reign  ;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #11852: Feb 10, 2016 05:32:24 pm
      I disagree red. His style of football doesn't suit our way, the United way.  ;D I've struggled to watch us over the past 6 months and end up going through the pain barrier  :f_wah: It can't come quick enough for me when he steps down.

That's how shortsighted fans see it mate. 

It's all about what they see for 90 minutes on the pitch, rather than the long game and this is where my criticism of the Govan tramp comes from.  There's so much in the background that needs organising because everything was geared up for him rather than an organic set up that allows the next man to come in and pick up where the last one left off. 

That's what VG was brought in to do, the higherups probably never even thought about how he played the game, it probably never occurred to them that the squad was in such a bad state. 

Like I said the tramp would never have admitted that he'd fu**ed up by not keeping things fresh for the last few seasons, they're not football men who would notice such frivolities as playing sh*t but still winning, they've never known anything else but winning so why would that change - we're Man Utd, we do what we want  ;D

The fans are still pining for the next tramp, someone who'll take charge of everything and stay forever but there are very few "Managers" around in that vein anymore, they're mainly Coaches who leave all the background sh*t to someone else.

VG is one of those very few but he'll need the full 3 years of his contract to achieve what they brought him in for, so let's hope he doesn't get the chance  ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,181 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #11853: Feb 10, 2016 05:35:47 pm

As for Europe, he was pretty sh*t there for more or less the whole of his 26 year reign  ;D

I prefer to look at it as a whole package Red  ;D  The stats say he's one of the greatest of all time if not the best. Better not go into that though coz might get excused of being a wum.  ;D I've only just come back so don't want to ruin things for myself.  :)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #11854: Feb 10, 2016 05:48:08 pm
      I prefer to look at it as a whole package Red  ;D  The stats say he's one of the greatest of all time if not the best. Better not go into that though coz might get excused of being a wum.  ;D I've only just come back so don't want to ruin things for myself.  :)

Quite right mate. 

No point getting into a debate when you know full well our record overshadows his by quite a large margin   ;D

Nice to have you back anyway mate  :gt-happyup:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,181 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #11855: Feb 10, 2016 06:05:29 pm
      Quite right mate. 

No point getting into a debate when you know full well our record overshadows his by quite a large margin   ;D

Nice to have you back anyway mate  :gt-happyup:
      Thank you  :gt-happyup: :gt-happyup:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #11856: Feb 10, 2016 06:59:10 pm

You're welcome.

Just behave yourself we have enough work on our hands keeping the natives civil  ;)

Oh and you are allowed to post in other threads, I think!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,181 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #11857: Feb 10, 2016 07:08:52 pm
      You're welcome.

Just behave yourself we have enough work on our hands keeping the natives civil  ;)

Oh and you are allowed to post in other threads, I think!

Yeah but you know where you stand with me, I don't hide like some.  ;D just posted on another thread, it worked.  ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,034 posts | 3961 
      Reply #11858: Feb 10, 2016 07:20:59 pm
      Hello Stuey  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: ;D how are you mate.  ;D You miss me?? Seconds thoughts better not answer that.  ;D

Alrite mate all sound here, didn't know you'd been away  ;D ;). How's your luck Keith you still having a bet?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #11859: Feb 10, 2016 07:21:30 pm
      Yeah but you know where you stand with me, I don't hide like some.  ;D just posted on another thread, it worked.  ;D

True mate and yeah I noticed - not that I'm following you around or anything  :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,181 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #11860: Feb 10, 2016 08:23:18 pm
      Alrite mate all sound here, didn't know you'd been away  ;D ;). How's your luck Keith you still having a bet?

Yeah still betting. Only greyhounds though. Occasionally the odd football bet but no edge there
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,181 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #11861: Feb 10, 2016 08:24:06 pm
      True mate and yeah I noticed - not that I'm following you around or anything  :D

The spy who loved me  :lmao:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,639 posts | 3864 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #11862: Feb 10, 2016 08:26:43 pm

The landscape's changed here.
      *Prepares banhammer*

Nah, just kidding.
      Welcome back.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,181 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #11863: Feb 10, 2016 09:14:42 pm
      The landscape's changed here.
      *Prepares banhammer*

Nah, just kidding.
      Welcome back.

Is this Lewis Hamilton in disguise  ;D  Thanks.  :)
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #11864: Feb 10, 2016 09:57:18 pm
      Welcome back sister shagger!  :rasp: :rasp:
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #11865: Feb 10, 2016 10:06:10 pm
      There is a club in Manchester?

I am going to have to check the map, never even heard of that city.
      Kopite78
      Reply #11866: Feb 10, 2016 10:17:37 pm
      It's not his sister, it's his twin.

sh*t

The

Bed

That's my sister fantasy ruined..

Maybe I can work with it  8)

There is a club in Manchester?

I am going to have to check the map, never even heard of that city.

You can smell it if you live over here

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,181 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #11867: Feb 10, 2016 10:55:12 pm

Nice to be back  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Quick Reply