Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2362181 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1543 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #14674: Jun 13, 2017 02:07:39 pm
      We attempt to buy a CB and become the laughing stock of the Premier League.

Man Utd buy a CB.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14675: Jun 13, 2017 03:05:12 pm
      "My oh My"  :o Compliments in the manc thread how management going about buying players.  ;D This must be a first.  ;D

Not really compliments, just stating the obvious.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,214 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14676: Jun 13, 2017 05:04:00 pm

Obviously a compliment  :f_whistle:
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #14677: Jun 13, 2017 05:21:09 pm
      Soulless shell of a club. Sign who you want. Nobody wants to play for City, they play for the cheque. No passion for the club. They'll continue to falter next year.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,214 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14678: Jun 13, 2017 05:52:42 pm
      They'll continue to falter next year.

You mean like last year when everybody saying we were sh*te?? sh*te ending up with GROUP!! Stages of Champions league, Europa Champions, League Cup Champions & Charity Sheild winners. I'll take that every time if we don't win the Premiership  :f_whistle: ;D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #14679: Jun 13, 2017 05:57:41 pm
      You mean like last year when everybody saying we were sh*te?? sh*te ending up with GROUP!! Stages of Champions league, Europa Champions, League Cup Champions & Charity Sheild winners. I'll take that every time if we don't win the Premiership  :f_whistle: ;D

To be honest I thought this was the Man City thread....

But F**k United too :D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #14680: Jun 13, 2017 06:32:20 pm
      You mean like last year when everybody saying we were sh*te?? Sh*te ending up with GROUP!! Stages of Champions league, Europa Champions, League Cup Champions & Charity Sheild winners. I'll take that every time if we don't win the Premiership  :f_whistle: ;D
      2nd tier trophies. You are the best of the losers.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,418 posts | 8648 
      Reply #14681: Jun 13, 2017 06:35:27 pm

Pipe down you manc c**t! ;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 6420 
      Reply #14682: Jun 13, 2017 06:37:03 pm
      You mean like last year when everybody saying we were sh*te?? Sh*te ending up with GROUP!! Stages of Champions league, Europa Champions, League Cup Champions & Charity Sheild winners. I'll take that every time if we don't win the Premiership  :f_whistle: ;D

Trump won too...doesn't mean he's any good.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,214 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14683: Jun 13, 2017 06:51:41 pm
      2nd tier trophies. You are the best of the losers.

If were 2nd tier Rib which tier are you.  :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,214 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14684: Jun 13, 2017 06:52:36 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,214 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14685: Jun 13, 2017 06:53:11 pm
      Trump won too...doesn't mean he's any good.

Better than the rest though
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,214 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14686: Jun 13, 2017 06:54:51 pm
      To be honest I thought this was the Man City thread....

But f**k United too :D

That's a fair comment!! .................. Being the City thread that is.  ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 6420 
      Reply #14687: Jun 13, 2017 07:31:27 pm

Syphilis is better than AIDS so I'm told....wouldn't want either though.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1543 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #14688: Jun 13, 2017 07:35:26 pm
      Anything can happen in cups, ask Wimbledon, for that matter, ask Liverpool. In the only competition that really matters, you came 6th.

The true test of a football team's credentials are how they perform over 38 games (Leicester City; a one off) - and not winning a second tier trophy where the only meaningful thing about it was a back door entry into the real European competition.

Sure it's another addition to the club's roll of honours, but in the bigger picture, you finished 6th. We finished 4th and had a terrible second half of the season where we didn't even show up for 6 weeks. 

I do think Mourhino will do ok with Utd, but let's keep things in perspective.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #14689: Jun 13, 2017 07:41:24 pm
      Sure it's another addition to the club's roll of honours, but in the bigger picture, you finished 6th. We finished 4th and had a terrible second half of the season where we didn't even show up for 6 weeks.

Massive unbeaten run they kept banging on about too where they ended up going from 6th to....6th and didn't really make up any ground on anyone.
      Real special season, now they've binned off the player that pretty much saved them last season.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,214 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14690: Jun 13, 2017 09:49:20 pm
      Syphilis is better than AIDS so I'm told....wouldn't want either though.

:lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,214 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14691: Jun 13, 2017 10:16:29 pm
      Anything can happen in cups, ask Wimbledon, for that matter, ask Liverpool. In the only competition that really matters, you came 6th.

The true test of a football team's credentials are how they perform over 38 games (Leicester City; a one off) - and not winning a second tier trophy where the only meaningful thing about it was a back door entry into the real European competition.

I do think Mourhino will do ok with Utd, but let's keep things in perspective.

I'm with you to a extend Rushie. Premiership is obviously the ultimate for our domestic trophies. However, given that we only finished only 6th I couldn't be happier the way we finished. As for reaching the CL via (( the back door as you call it  )) then your surly Liverpool is more back door given that they have to play a qualifying round first and United have reached the group stage already.

I'll certainly be routing for you guys for the group stages. I'd love us to go heads up in one of the rounds/group stages.  :)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #14692: Jun 13, 2017 10:27:07 pm
      then your surly Liverpool is more back door given that they have to play a qualifying round first and United have reached the group stage already.

No chance, absolutely not. It's top 4 for a reason, not top 4 plus where ever else you finish and get lucky winning the Europa League. Personally, and I'm not just saying this because you Mancs won it, but it doesn't seem right that you can win the Europa League and go straight into the group stages. When we won the Champions League in 2005 we finished 5th and were put into the Champions League at the very start, we had to go from the 1st qualifying round, playing TNS I think it was. That was by winning the main competition across Europe and finishing 5th. Yet you can win what is essentially the Mickey Mouse European competition, finish 6th and go straight into the group stage now and like I say, that just doesn't sit right.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #14693: Jun 13, 2017 11:30:10 pm
      Thought it was pretty funny when Giggs suggested that Mourinho will use Pogba in the same way that France did tonight :lmao: Surely he knows how negative Mourinho is?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #14694: Jun 13, 2017 11:50:05 pm
      Thought it was pretty funny when Giggs suggested that Mourinho will use Pogba in the same way that France did tonight :lmao: Surely he knows how negative Mourinho is?

Pogba had nobody round him all night, he had no pressure being put on him at all, he was up against Dier and the Ox which was a shambles of a pairing in midfield. He rinsed Cahill a treat but that was pretty much the only time he was closed down. Even still, all Pogba looks to do is play lofted passes 9/10 times when he has the ball.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,214 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14695: Jun 14, 2017 01:18:58 pm
      No chance, absolutely not. It's top 4 for a reason, not top 4 plus where ever else you finish and get lucky winning the Europa League. Personally, and I'm not just saying this because you Mancs won it, but it doesn't seem right that you can win the Europa League and go straight into the group stages. When we won the Champions League in 2005 we finished 5th and were put into the Champions League at the very start, we had to go from the 1st qualifying round, playing TNS I think it was. That was by winning the main competition across Europe and finishing 5th. Yet you can win what is essentially the Mickey Mouse European competition, finish 6th and go straight into the group stage now and like I say, that just doesn't sit right.

First of all there was no luck involved winning the Europa Cup. We battered Ajax in the final and fully deserved the win. Granted it wasn't a relatively hard fixture list getting to the final. However, like I've said before and will say again! you can only beat what's put in front of you.

For what it's worth I actually agree with you it isn't fair that you can go straight into group stages of CL via winning the Europa Cup. I too prefer the old system. That's not Uniteds fault though. They abide by the rules & regulations like we all do.

The problem prior to getting CL football in Europa Cup is the fact it was definitely treated as a competition that not many of us were to bothered about unless reaching semi final status, only then as a fan we all want to win it. With failing numbers the competition needed a uplift. Being fair it was a clever idea by the powers that be to grant the winners automatic qualification for CL football.  Much as I still don't like the Europa Cup and the system used  it certainly brought the excitement back knowing if your teams wins you can still get CL football.

When it was called the Eufa Cup we classed it as major  trophy which to be fair still is. However, the name change in my opinion did it no favours and fans globally took a disliking for it. Fans who played CL then took the piss (( rightly so )) about playing Europa football on a Thursday nite.

I can tell you (( now from experience))  now the Europa Cup does bring a bit of spice back if you reach the quarterfinals/semi final stages. Didn't think it would but sitting in front of the TV finals nite I had a right buzz.  Great nite...... If your a United fan of course.  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,418 posts | 8648 
      Reply #14696: Jun 14, 2017 01:34:04 pm
      First of all there was no luck involved winning the Europa Cup. We battered Ajax in the final and fully deserved the win. Granted it wasn't a relatively hard fixture list getting to the final. However, like I've said before and will say again! you can only beat what's put in front of you.

For what it's worth I actually agree with you it isn't fair that you can go straight into group stages of CL via winning the Europa Cup. I too prefer the old system. That's not Uniteds fault though. They abide by the rules & regulations like we all do.

The problem prior to getting CL football in Europa Cup is the fact it was definitely treated as a competition that not many of us were to bothered about unless reaching semi final status, only then as a fan we all want to win it. With failing numbers the competition needed a uplift. Being fair it was a clever idea by the powers that be to grant the winners automatic qualification for CL football.  Much as I still don't like the Europa Cup and the system used  it certainly brought the excitement back knowing if your teams wins you can still get CL football.

When it was called the Eufa Cup we classed it as major  trophy which to be fair still is. However, the name change in my opinion did it no favours and fans globally took a disliking for it. Fans who played CL then took the piss (( rightly so )) about playing Europa football on a Thursday nite.

I can tell you (( now from experience))  now the Europa Cup does bring a bit of spice back if you reach the quarterfinals/semi final stages. Didn't think it would but sitting in front of the TV finals nite I had a right buzz.  Great nite...... If your a United fan of course.  ;D

About time you won a trophy we've already won three times!!

Quick Reply