Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2348220 times
      higgy_sham and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #19550: Aug 31, 2021 11:23:25 pm
      He's fast as F**k that James lad. Remember the way he closed Salah down in that 8 nil against United?
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #19551: Sep 01, 2021 12:18:03 am
      Greenwood looks a good prospect. A proper number 9.

Not sure about sancho. He’s always been a bit average for me.
      Ronaldo is great. I’m surprised they didn’t bring Scholes back again to bring some competition in midfield.

But rashford. I really don’t see the hype with him. He’s 24 and for me, the most over rated player on the planet.
      He’s not clinical enough to be a number 9. Can’t play the 10 and isn’t a winger. He’s a jack of all trades. The new Theo Walcott.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,113 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19552: Sep 01, 2021 06:59:48 am
      Greenwood looks a good prospect. A proper number 9.

Not sure about sancho. He’s always been a bit average for me.
      Ronaldo is great. I’m surprised they didn’t bring Scholes back again to bring some competition in midfield.

But rashford. I really don’t see the hype with him. He’s 24 and for me, the most over rated player on the planet.
      He’s not clinical enough to be a number 9. Can’t play the 10 and isn’t a winger. He’s a jack of all trades. The new Theo Walcott.

Ive also yet to see what all the hype is about Sancho too.  Everytime I've  seen him play against England he's average at best.
      Viva Ronaldo even at 36 would still improve ANY side in the Premier League so no qualms about that. Should still score 20 goals a season so at 19 million and the prospect of the legend coming home, I'll take it all day long.

Rashford not overrated in my opinion, certainly more proven than Sancho from what I've seen so far. let's not forgetting he's been struggling with his shoulder injury for a while. Now that that's sorted once he's playing again should see him return to something like his best. As for him being a No 9? Never was so not sure where your coming from there Bob?

Could be worse!!! Might of bought no one.  :f_tongueincheek:  ;D
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #19553: Sep 01, 2021 07:55:16 am
      Ive also yet to see what all the hype is about Sancho too.  Everytime I've  seen him play against England he's average at best.
      Viva Ronaldo even at 36 would still improve ANY side in the Premier League so no qualms about that. Should still score 20 goals a season so at 19 million and the prospect of the legend coming home, I'll take it all day long.

Rashford not overrated in my opinion, certainly more proven than Sancho from what I've seen so far. let's not forgetting he's been struggling with his shoulder injury for a while. Now that that's sorted once he's playing again should see him return to something like his best. As for him being a No 9? Never was so not sure where your coming from there Bob?

Could be worse!!! Might of bought no one.  :f_tongueincheek:  ;D

What position is rashford then? I don’t see anything there at all. His goal tally isn’t great and he’s no longer a kid.
      Ronaldo is fine but you are now ronaldo FC. At least in his eyes. A player you didn’t need.

And yes, we have signed nobody. Unless you count the player we have signed in a position we actually needed strengthening!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,113 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19554: Sep 01, 2021 08:39:45 am
      What position is rashford then? I don’t see anything there at all. His goal tally isn’t great and he’s no longer a kid.
      Ronaldo is fine but you are now ronaldo FC. At least in his eyes. A player you didn’t need.

And yes, we have signed nobody. Unless you count the player we have signed in a position we actually needed strengthening!

You can argue he is officially a forward but think we both know he plays better off the flanks.  :D

Have to agree we didn't really need Ronaldo and United/Ole have made a decision from the heart rather than their heads. However, glad to see him back though. He'll still improve us and more importantly adds strength to the squad which for me the most important thing because getting harder and harder to win the league on a great top 11 players.

Konate is more of a replacement and not a addition to the squad as you know. Is he better than Wijnaldum as I've not seen much of Konate to make judgement?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #19555: Sep 01, 2021 09:51:52 am

Surely you’d agree that Rashford has so far struggled to hit the heights that was expected to happen? Approaching mid 20’s now and he’s still yet to really kick on and make a real name for himself IMO.

Konate is more of a replacement and not a addition to the squad as you know. Is he better than Wijnaldum as I've not seen much of Konate to make judgement?

Ey? He’s a CB Keith, he’s not a replacement for anyone, certainly not Wijnaldum. He’s an addition to an area of the team that was severely lacking last season.

It would’ve been nice to add another forward but until the season gets further along, we won’t actually know if it was the right or wrong decision not to.
      « Last Edit: Sep 01, 2021 09:57:32 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3464 
      Reply #19556: Sep 01, 2021 09:58:28 am
      Ronaldo is a waste of a signing - £500k a week , highest paid player in the league at the age of 36 soon to be 37

Wonder if they will tour the USA with him 🤔

And because Ronaldo will play every week it means their brightest talent will be shunted to the bench to fit him in

All the while ignoring having the poorest midfield in the top half prob in Fred , Matic and McTominey ( who is now out)

Plus the added bonus of a bus driver in charge

4th place at best for them
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,113 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19557: Sep 01, 2021 10:06:40 am
      Surely you’d agree that Rashford has so far struggled to hit the heights that was expected to happen? Approaching mid 20’s now and he’s still yet to really kick on and make a real name for himself IMO.

Ey? He’s a CB Keith, he’s not a replacement for anyone, certainly not Wijnaldum. He’s an addition to an area of the team that was severely lacking last season.

It would’ve been nice to add another forward but until the season gets further along, we won’t actually know if it was the right or wrong decision not to.

Depends who's heights you consider? I certainly don't take any notice of media heights and expectations. Personally I'm pretty happy with his achievements to date. It's only recent months his standards have dropped but hoping now that he's had his surgery that will all be in the past.

Apologies re Wijnaldum & Konate. My mistake.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,113 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19558: Sep 01, 2021 10:19:26 am
      Ronaldo is a waste of a signing - £500k a week , highest paid player in the league at the age of 36 soon to be 37

Wonder if they will tour the USA with him 🤔

And because Ronaldo will play every week it means their brightest talent will be shunted to the bench to fit him in

All the while ignoring having the poorest midfield in the top half prob in Fred , Matic and McTominey ( who is now out)

Plus the added bonus of a bus driver in charge

4th place at best for them

Like I've said to Uncle Bob Ronaldo wasn't a signing that I'd of done. From a marketing point the £480k that he's allegedly getting won't really be a problem. The CR7 brand is arguably the best any footballer has in the world.

Just playing  every week earns the clubs millions anyway. Within hours of him joining  United the New York Stock Exchange increased Manchester United PLC by 9% thus putting the value of the club up another £300 million..... YES?.. £300 million.

I agree poor midfield and given the choice I would most definitely of tried to improve this area. That's Ole though, hence one of many reasons why I don't think he's the man to take us to that next level.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3464 
      Reply #19559: Sep 01, 2021 10:32:48 am
      Like I've said to Uncle Bob Ronaldo wasn't a signing that I'd of done. From a marketing point the £480k that he's allegedly getting won't really be a problem. The CR7 brand is arguably the best any footballer has in the world.

Just playing  every week earns the clubs millions anyway. Within hours of him joining  United the New York Stock Exchange increased Manchester United PLC by 9% thus putting the value of the club up another £300 million..... YES?.. £300 million.

I agree poor midfield and given the choice I would most definitely of tried to improve this area. That's Ole though, hence one of many reasons why I don't think he's the man to take us to that next level.

In regards marketing - UTD only get £2.50 per shirt sale so Adidas are going to take that money

The club value of shares going up - great . But for who ? The owners who will have even more money to take out of the club

And the CR brand has one huge stain on it - the arrest warrant issued for him in regards the alleged rape allegations - and the £300k he paid someone to go away

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,113 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19560: Sep 01, 2021 12:07:50 pm

And the CR brand has one huge stain on it - the arrest warrant issued for him in regards the alleged rape allegations - and the £300k he paid someone to go away

Some stain with over 315 million on Instagram which makes him the most followed athlete in the world. To put it in prospective the most followed player in you lot! Is Salah which is 30 million.  Just a slight!! Different in marketing purposes  ;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,018 posts | 3955 
      Reply #19561: Sep 01, 2021 12:19:20 pm

We have a pretty good market value Keith, haven't checked it out cos it don't mean sh*t, that is what the owners and shareholders cop for when the club is sold.
      Our American owners get £3bn at the last count when they F**k off.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,113 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19562: Sep 01, 2021 12:28:19 pm
      We have a pretty good market value Keith, haven't checked it out cos it don't mean sh*t, that is what the owners and shareholders cop for when the club is sold.
      Our American owners get £3bn at the last count when they f**k off.

Wasn't making a comparison with the club as a whole stuey. Basically just referring to Viva Ronaldo  ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,018 posts | 3955 
      Reply #19563: Sep 01, 2021 12:33:19 pm
      Wasn't making a comparison with the club as a whole stuey. Basically just referring to Viva Ronaldo  ;D

Not arsed mate, just pointing out that club values don't mean nothing to supporters.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,113 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19564: Sep 01, 2021 12:37:11 pm
      Not arsed mate, just pointing out that club values don't mean nothing to supporters.

I actually agree with the latter, not sure Pyjamas does though  :lmao:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3464 
      Reply #19565: Sep 01, 2021 01:19:11 pm
      Some stain with over 315 million on Instagram which makes him the most followed athlete in the world. To put it in prospective the most followed player in you lot! Is Salah which is 30 million.  Just a slight!! Different in marketing purposes  ;)

Yes stain - I’m sure having all those millions of followers will mean the arrest warrant and silence money will be ignored 🙄
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,113 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19566: Sep 01, 2021 04:40:39 pm
      Yes stain - I’m sure having all those millions of followers will mean the arrest warrant and silence money will be ignored 🙄

The only strain he has is answering 315 million followers   :f_whistle:
      « Last Edit: Sep 01, 2021 07:06:14 pm by Keith Singleton »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #19567: Sep 01, 2021 04:42:26 pm
      He's fast as F**k that James lad. Remember the way he closed Salah down in that 8 nil against United?

Was getting lauded as the next big thing, them boom "F**k off lad you're not wanted"

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3464 
      Reply #19568: Sep 01, 2021 06:08:22 pm
      The only strain he has is answering 315 million followers  :f_steam:
      Guess you don’t seem to have an issues with the potential rape

But it’s all ok - he has some followers on social media so it’s all cool.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,113 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19569: Sep 01, 2021 07:10:15 pm
      Guess you don’t seem to have an issues with the potential rape

But it’s all ok - he has some followers on social media so it’s all cool.

Corrected my post, put wrong emoji on.

Potential rape? That's a new one. Think it's time for you and I to go on ignore. Your getting the same habits as LFCATW. Enjoy...   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3464 
      Reply #19570: Sep 01, 2021 07:27:21 pm
      Corrected my post, put wrong emoji on.

Potential rape? That's a new one. Think it's time for you and I to go on ignore. Your getting the same habits as LFCATW. Enjoy...   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Yes potential rape

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/soccer/2020/10/06/cristiano-ronaldo-rape-case-trial-kathryn-mayorga

You are aware of the warrant open for him in the US 🤷‍♂️
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,113 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19571: Sep 01, 2021 09:47:04 pm
      No World Cup thread so put it on here. Viva Ronaldo  ;D

Not keen on his show boating taking his shirt off though.  :f_doh:
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,303 posts | 1668