Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2373279 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,284 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #21804: Feb 17, 2023 05:08:32 pm
      Not against Barcelona they haven't!! :lmao:

Very unlucky last nite you must admit?
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #21805: Feb 17, 2023 07:52:41 pm
      Very unlucky last nite you must admit?

It was an open game between two average teams.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,284 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #21806: Feb 17, 2023 08:12:59 pm
      It was an open game between two average teams.

So United being average how do you assess you lot   :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,284 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #21807: Feb 19, 2023 03:23:35 pm
      Rashford on fire 🔥 Currently the best player in the league for his position. 😉
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #21808: Feb 19, 2023 04:18:46 pm

Very below par I’d say.

Make no mistake though, compare this united team or Barcelona team to one of 10/15 years and you’ll see it’s an average state of affairs.

I’m not digging btw, but playing in champions league finals and winning titles to competing in a Europa league play off game is not as appetising.

I think united now are where they should be. Last few years you have grossly underperformed and I think this season shows where you should have been if you had a decent manager.

Still an average united team I would say. Work in progress….
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #21809: Feb 19, 2023 04:37:40 pm
      Rashford on fire 🔥 Currently the best player in the league for his position. 😉

Yet no one is still comparing him to Haaland?

Both are strikers!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,284 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #21810: Feb 19, 2023 04:40:44 pm

I think united now are where they should be. Last few years you have grossly underperformed and I think this season shows where you should have been if you had a decent manager.

Still an average united team I would say. Work in progress….

Always felt the same and Ole  just couldn’t get the best out of them as he was well out of his pay grade. The difference the manager has made has been a welcome relief. Like you say slowly getting back but still a way to go.  I’m just happy to be enjoying my football again.

Top four looking decent and I’ll take that all day given where we were 6 months ago. I’m preying we get a top striker in the summer. Good as Rashford been lately he’s not a No 9 but his stats the last few months are incredible.

May our good run continue, not sure many would agree with that though.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,284 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #21811: Feb 19, 2023 04:42:51 pm
      Yet no one is still comparing him to Haaland?

Both are strikers!!

Think you know I wouldn’t compare the two Pete, different type of players as we both know.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #21812: Feb 19, 2023 05:49:27 pm
      Think you know I wouldn’t compare the two Pete, different type of players as we both know.

Rashford is having a good season but he needs to do it again next season  to prove that the last 7 seasons of mediocrity were no fluke.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,284 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #21813: Feb 19, 2023 07:06:24 pm
      Rashford is having a good season but he needs to do it again next season  to prove that the last 7 seasons of mediocrity were no fluke.

Valid point I’ll go with this also.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #21814: Feb 19, 2023 09:15:52 pm
      Always felt the same and Ole  just couldn’t get the best out of them as he was well out of his pay grade. The difference the manager has made has been a welcome relief. Like you say slowly getting back but still a way to go.  I’m just happy to be enjoying my football again.

Top four looking decent and I’ll take that all day given where we were 6 months ago. I’m preying we get a top striker in the summer. Good as Rashford been lately he’s not a No 9 but his stats the last few months are incredible.

May our good run continue, not sure many would agree with that though.  ;D

For your sake I hope your run continues…. Iv always said football should be an escapism of sorts from the stresses of life and when your club is in turmoil it adds to the misery for a lot of folk.

The manager has been a real positive but also the fans who are actually applauding every attempted pass now and every chasing down etc
      Under OGS and even Jose it was a lot of groans and that rubs off on players.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,284 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #21815: Feb 20, 2023 06:40:58 pm
      United putting season tickets up by 5%. First increase in 11 years. Shouldn’t complain really but fans will.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #21816: Feb 20, 2023 07:31:26 pm
      Form is up and down. Class is permanent.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #21817: Feb 22, 2023 03:03:33 pm
      may as well get some jibes in whilst we still can. Just checked to see what time UTD are on the TV tonight in the CL and then realised they arent in it they are in the Europa second division Cup on Tomorrow. So get them in whilst we still can
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,284 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #21818: Feb 22, 2023 03:41:47 pm
      may as well get some jibes in whilst we still can. Just checked to see what time UTD are on the TV tonight in the CL and then realised they arent in it they are in the Europa second division Cup on Tomorrow. So get them in whilst we still can

Jibes? 😂 The way you lot are performing Walt this thread should be very quiet for now.  :lmao:

Seriously though I’m just enjoying the moment, it’s been a while since I’ve felt good about watching us play. It’s all down to ETH as you know. Top 4 and the Micky Mouse Cup will be a great season when you compare us to how we was last year.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,886 posts | 704 
      Reply #21819: Feb 22, 2023 03:50:43 pm
      Quote from Keith Singleton
      We were unlucky not to sneak the win really. We were the better side on the nite, not often anyone can say that playing at Barcelona. Two bad defensive errors on our part cost the win.

I’d of took a draw before kick off though.

You're not supposed to care about the competition, as you keep telling us you hate it and don't want to be involved.

Shouldn't make any difference whether you were better or not then.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,284 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #21820: Feb 22, 2023 04:07:00 pm
      You're not supposed to care about the competition, as you keep telling us you hate it and don't want to be involved.

Shouldn't make any difference whether you were better or not then.

Thought you’d deleted your membership not heard from you in a while. Posting sh!t like this it isn’t surprising. Who are you to tell me what I should and shouldn’t think about the competition. When you’ve been sh!t for the last few years ( especially under Ole ) it’s very hard not to think any other way.

You may start thinking the same way soon as your lot going into transition also, it’s not a nice place to be.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #21821: Feb 22, 2023 04:51:27 pm
      Thought you’d deleted your membership not heard from you in a while. Posting sh!t like this it isn’t surprising. Who are you to tell me what I should and shouldn’t think about the competition. When you’ve been sh!t for the last few years ( especially under Ole ) it’s very hard not to think any other way.

You may start thinking the same way soon as your lot going into transition also, it’s not a nice place to be.

I have always like european tournaments. The champions league I find a little dull truth be known. I think it’s the build up and music and all that jazz.

Quick question though, are Liverpool worse now than united were under OGS?

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #21822: Feb 22, 2023 07:24:15 pm
      big game tomorrow in the Europa almost Super league Roma V Salzburg and Nantes V Juve.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,284 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #21823: Feb 22, 2023 07:55:49 pm
      I have always like european tournaments. The champions league I find a little dull truth be known. I think it’s the build up and music and all that jazz.

Quick question though, are Liverpool worse now than united were under OGS?

That’s a great question and not easy to answer. I always maintained United were a better side than the form they were showing and OGS was just inept at his job.

You could argue based on your remarkable season last year yes it’s worse. However, so many reasons why you’ve been poor this year which has to be taken into account.

Long and short of it I don’t think so. One of many reasons we didn’t have all the injuries you’ve had this year.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #21824: Feb 22, 2023 08:20:35 pm
      That’s a great question and not easy to answer. I always maintained United were a better side than the form they were showing and OGS was just inept at his job.

You could argue based on your remarkable season last year yes it’s worse. However, so many reasons why you’ve been poor this year which has to be taken into account.

Long and short of it I don’t think so. One of many reasons we didn’t have all the injuries you’ve had this year.

I think we are worse.
      We get bossed every week. The chances we concede are horrendous.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,284 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #21825: Feb 22, 2023 08:29:09 pm
      I think we are worse.
      We get bossed every week. The chances we concede are horrendous.

You could argue we both know our teams better than each other so we’re both wrong.  :lmao:
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #21826: Feb 23, 2023 08:18:47 am
      You could argue we both know our teams better than each other so we’re both wrong.  :lmao:

I suppose.
      You have maguire we have Gomez.
      Just so fragile!

Quick Reply