Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2335798 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #14812: Jul 31, 2017 06:51:30 pm
      United paying 40m for Matic, a player that turns 29 tomorrow. Money wasted  ;D Makes Salah for 35m look like a good purchase.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14813: Jul 31, 2017 06:57:30 pm
      United paying 40m for Matic, a player that turns 29 tomorrow. Money wasted  ;D Makes Salah for 35m look like a good purchase.

Madness! I genuinely don't know what he actually does, he's just another Fellaini with a few less elbows being thrown around. Didn't he get subbed on and then off again at one point last season?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #14814: Jul 31, 2017 07:02:37 pm
      Madness! I genuinely don't know what he actually does, he's just another Fellaini with a few less elbows being thrown around. Didn't he get subbed on and then off again at one point last season?
      According to Wikipedia he is a defensive midfielder. I saw on another site somewhere that the stats for his contributions have gradually been reclining over the last few seasons. He looks like a past peak player that Chelsea are cashing in on whilst he is still worth anything. It seems like a Chelsea hand me down, they had the best of him already.
      « Last Edit: Jul 31, 2017 07:07:04 pm by Ribapuru »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #14815: Jul 31, 2017 07:29:47 pm
      Domingo, carreras and pavarotti were the 3 tenors, well i have wouldn't pay a tenner for a trio of herrera, fellaini and matic, the three cu*ts more like
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14816: Jul 31, 2017 08:57:05 pm

At today's prices it's nothing now. I'm just glad as a fan we have the money to spend. Our defence/ midfield looking like Fort Knox on paper now.  :D Carrick 36 and still playing at the highest level so no concerns for me.

As fans we want/wish/hope we can get success straight away, this gives us a chance for competing at the top in 17/18.   Considering many said United are finished we're still proving to be successful (( of sorts )) whilst we go through our transition of being up with the best again.  ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14817: Jul 31, 2017 09:02:11 pm

It could be worse, we could be buying no one. Liverpool's summer spending as been pretty dismal to date. As a Livepool fan you'll be very disappointed with the way your owners are performing in the summer market so far. Us United fans are certainly happy with our owners.  ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #14818: Jul 31, 2017 09:46:05 pm
      It could be worse, we could be buying no one. Liverpool's summer spending as been pretty dismal to date. As a Livepool fan you'll be very disappointed with the way your owners are performing in the summer market so far. Us United fans are certainly happy with our owners.  ;)

I'm not disappointed so far, be nice to have couple more wrapped up but still another month to go.
       We've signed Salah for a fraction of what you will be paying out for Lukaku but Salah has been looking the better of the 2 through pre-season. Solanke is looking very promising so far. Where as include Lindeloaf who looks like a clumbsy clown like Jones. Not forgetting you let Ibra go, who despite being injured, was still your best player where as we haven't lost any key players.
      I feel we've spent more wisely so far this summer. You've signed Lukaku but along with 2 defensive players. You barely smashed the goals in last season so I don't see how Lukaku is going to eclipse Ibra tally of last season without improving your attack.
      You can be happy with your owners spending hundreds of millions again if you want but it won't be any different to any other season since Fergie left. The only player to have justified the outlay in that time is Ibra for free but on mega wages. But then, you Mancs are always more bothered about how much you spend but even how much you've spent, City have made you look like small fry, and they've signed much better players with a much better balance.
      « Last Edit: Jul 31, 2017 09:50:53 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #14819: Jul 31, 2017 10:12:49 pm

The difference here though is simple, we don't have a checkbook manager, we have a talented one.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14820: Jul 31, 2017 10:56:02 pm
      I'm not disappointed so far, be nice to have couple more wrapped up but still another month to go.
       We've signed Salah for a fraction of what you will be paying out for Lukaku but Salah has been looking the better of the 2 through pre-season. Solanke is looking very promising so far. Where as include Lindeloaf who looks like a clumbsy clown like Jones. Not forgetting you let Ibra go, who despite being injured, was still your best player where as we haven't lost any key players.
      I feel we've spent more wisely so far this summer. You've signed Lukaku but along with 2 defensive players. You barely smashed the goals in last season so I don't see how Lukaku is going to eclipse Ibra tally of last season without improving your attack.
      You can be happy with your owners spending hundreds of millions again if you want but it won't be any different to any other season since Fergie left. The only player to have justified the outlay in that time is Ibra for free but on mega wages. But then, you Mancs are always more bothered about how much you spend but even how much you've spent, City have made you look like small fry, and they've signed much better players with a much better balance.

From what Ive seen so far of Salah is very good for the price but still early days though promising. Plenty of fans on here really disappointed so you look like the minority.

Ibrahimovic not exactly gone. However, you all took the piss when we got him on a free asking why we got  some one well passed his sell by date and now say he was our best player? Kettle, pot, black??

We can only wait and see if Lukaku improves in a better side as I've have my doubts too. Main thing is we're active  unlike Liverpool due to having sh*te owners, you know it but just to biased too admit it.

City can make us all look small fry with their owners but let's being honest here, you'd love owners like that so be honest just for once and stop being blinkered coz you support Liverpool. How can i have discussion with you when your always reading from rose tinted glasses  :(

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14821: Jul 31, 2017 10:59:58 pm
      The difference here though is simple, we don't have a checkbook manager, we have a talented one.

Talented one that there is no doubt. However, only reason why you don't have a check book manager is your owners. Nothing Klopp can do about it, pity coz he's the man given the amo can put you back on the map.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14822: Jul 31, 2017 11:01:33 pm
      From what Ive seen so far of Salah is very good for the price but still early days though promising. Plenty of fans on here really disappointed so you look like the minority.

Ibrahimovic not exactly gone. However, you all took the piss when we got him on a free asking why we got  some one well passed his sell by date and now say he was our best player? Kettle, pot, black??

We can only wait and see if Lukaku improves in a better side as I've have my doubts too. Main thing is we're active  unlike Liverpool due to having sh*te owners, you know it but just to biased too admit it.

City can make us all look small fry with their owners but let's being honest here, you'd love owners like that so be honest just for once and stop being blinkered coz you support Liverpool. How can i have discussion with you when your always reading from rose tinted glasses  :(

Are you saying that Citeh have better owners than Manure then?

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #14823: Jul 31, 2017 11:34:22 pm

Because he did turn out to be your best player. Simple.  You've used the phrase "Pot, kettle, black" in the completely wrong context which is quite amusing though.

Main thing is we're active  unlike Liverpool due to having sh*te owners, you know it but just to biased too admit it.

How are we not active? We signed a 3rd player last week (which as it goes is more than you've signed at the moment) which again amuses me that this is another thing you've gotten wrong. We've also had 2 big money bids for Keita rejected in the last couple weeks. So does this not make your owners sh*t?...

City can make us all look small fry with their owners but let's being honest here, you'd love owners like that so be honest just for once and stop being blinkered coz you support Liverpool. How can i have discussion with you when your always reading from rose tinted glasses

I'm not being blinkered at all and not sure how you have jumped to that conclusion from me comparing them with your owners.

Expect better from you than this post Keith lad, even for a Manc. You've been pretty easy going on here since you've been around but this makes you sound like a proper, up his own ass, living in the Fergie past Manc. Think I have hit a nerve :laugh:

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14824: Aug 01, 2017 12:06:36 am
      Are you saying that Citeh have better owners than Manure then?

No.. They probably have more money though  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14825: Aug 01, 2017 12:10:04 am
      Because he did turn out to be your best player. Simple.  You've used the phrase "Pot, kettle, black" in the completely wrong context which is quite amusing though.

How are we not active? We signed a 3rd player last week (which as it goes is more than you've signed at the moment) which again amuses me that this is another thing you've gotten wrong. We've also had 2 big money bids for Keita rejected in the last couple weeks. So does this not make your owners sh*t?...

I'm not being blinkered at all and not sure how you have jumped to that conclusion from me comparing them with your owners.

Expect better from you than this post Keith lad, even for a Manc. You've been pretty easy going on here since you've been around but this makes you sound like a proper, up his own ass, living in the Fergie past Manc. Think I have hit a nerve :laugh:

Your just always negative KK. I will leave you with your own thoughts. Good luck.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #14826: Aug 01, 2017 12:26:20 am
      Your just always negative KK. I will leave you with your own thoughts. Good luck.

How have I been negative?  :laugh:

This response from you when I said you were wrong says it all; the Manc has finally started to crack :laugh:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14827: Aug 01, 2017 12:33:29 am

How are we not active? We signed a 3rd player last week

Well if you happy spending 10 million on individuals that are merely minor squad players than who am I to think otherwise.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #14828: Aug 01, 2017 12:40:57 am
      Well if you happy spending 10 million on individuals that are merely minor squad players than who am I to think otherwise.

Bless. That the best you got Keith? You just said we weren't active so which is it? What about the near on 40mill for Salah?...
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #14829: Aug 01, 2017 02:42:47 am

Xabi Alonso cost that, and look how he turned out.

Its not about cost its about quality.

You spent £90 million on Pogba, and until the day he once again leaves Utd, he will never, ever, in his career at that club, prove he justifies that fee.

Suddenly that 10 million, on that individual was sold for 3 times that amount.

By all means, be happy spending all that money on average players. Be happy knowing you have all that money and its being wasted. Indeed be happy that your club is spending the money you spend on season tickets blowing it on players who offer nothing to club other than advertising.

The money your club are spending, on the players they have, I would be F***ing livid if that was LFC. Fortunately, it isn't.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14830: Aug 01, 2017 10:00:54 am
      Xabi Alonso cost that, and look how he turned out.

Its not about cost its about quality.

You spent £90 million on Pogba, and until the day he once again leaves Utd, he will never, ever, in his career at that club, prove he justifies that fee.

Suddenly that 10 million, on that individual was sold for 3 times that amount.

By all means, be happy spending all that money on average players. Be happy knowing you have all that money and its being wasted. Indeed be happy that your club is spending the money you spend on season tickets blowing it on players who offer nothing to club other than advertising.

The money your club are spending, on the players they have, I would be f**king livid if that was LFC. Fortunately, it isn't.

Alonso was a great asset to the club but your talking 10 million 7/8years ago. The market gone crazy now and very difficult to buy anyone close to world class for less than 50 million these days, sad but true.  :(

Very rare you can now get quality without cost unless they come through the academy. If Matic a average player what does new signing Robertson come under??

I'm not really having this livid bit about buying players which are not worth the price tag. Simple true is if you don't buy them at the over inflated prices you have little chance of winning the league, hence the fact you've not won it for a long time.

I do admit though, it's all very sad the may the market has gone. I think Wenger hit the nail on the head when he said your going to see players run out their contracts and then leave on a free knowing they can attract more wages from future clubs. When you look at the wages players get and then compare them with people like, arm forces, nurses, firemen, etc etc then there's no justice in the system  :(
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14831: Aug 01, 2017 10:35:01 am
      No.. They probably have more money though  ;D

But it seems like that is the only yard stick you have Keith, money. Personally I would rather have owners who run the club sensibly on a sustainable footing and who employ managers who are not complete and utter cu*ts.

Anyway I think its probably time for you to F**k off back to your own tribe now Keith, we all know you secretly wish you could be a Liverpool fan but you're not, so bad luck.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14832: Aug 01, 2017 10:49:59 am
      But it seems like that is the only yard stick you have Keith, money. Personally I would rather have owners who run the club sensibly on a sustainable footing and who employ managers who are not complete and utter cu*ts.

Anyway I think its probably time for you to f**k off back to your own tribe now Keith, we all know you secretly wish you could be a Liverpool fan but you're not, so bad luck.

There's probably just the one club currently in the top 6 running it sensibly as you call it. Not Liverpool or United. It's Spurs. Can I not continue to be a scouser in disguise  ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,609 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #14833: Aug 01, 2017 10:57:44 am

Yet oddly both teams have "only" bought 3 players.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14834: Aug 01, 2017 11:01:06 am
      Yet oddly both teams have "only" bought 3 players.

Yes but on paper we appear to have bought more quality  :D

Quick Reply