Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2330197 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #14996: Aug 24, 2017 05:37:04 pm
      Oh yes absolutely, he's still a quality player but will he maybe upset the applecart a bit, I mean he was the main man for you last season, now he's just a bit part player, will his ego allow that?

Spot on with your comments mate. I can only watch and see what manager decides.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14997: Aug 24, 2017 05:38:14 pm
      Thought he will only be back in DECEMBER?

Yeah I believe so. I was basically just stating he's back.  :)
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,866 posts | 165 
      Reply #14998: Aug 24, 2017 06:03:54 pm
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #14999: Aug 24, 2017 08:28:39 pm
      Thought he will only be back in DECEMBER?

Just in time to be sold in Jan :D
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #15000: Aug 26, 2017 04:12:38 am
      As if you would walk around with that on your head. You'd feel like a n*b everywhere you went!

Fellaini......ANYONE???
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15001: Aug 26, 2017 06:07:02 pm
      Maybe no goals but we're looking good, never offside, officials making bad calls.  :f_steam:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #15002: Aug 26, 2017 06:44:27 pm
      Lukaku just missed a penalty
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15003: Aug 26, 2017 07:11:52 pm

Have my doubts he's a true penalty taker.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #15004: Aug 26, 2017 07:27:42 pm
      Have my doubts he's a true penalty taker.

He does seem like a hit and hope taker. No real composure or finesse with his penalties compared to a lot of other takers.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #15005: Aug 26, 2017 07:29:18 pm
      Swansea, West Ham and Leicester

You'd expect them to beat those teams, but those were the types of games they were dropping points left right and centre last season.

Still, it's hardly City, Chelsea, and Us!

Dubious (missed) penalty, terrible keeping for the first goal, and offside for the second goal.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15006: Aug 27, 2017 12:12:53 am
      Swansea, West Ham and Leicester

You'd expect them to beat those teams, but those were the types of games they were dropping points left right and centre last season.

Safe to say both United & Liverpool struggled against the minor teams (( on paper)) last year so certainly no complaints so far.  We're looking a lot more confident on the ball this year and the movement is certainly giving us fans a boost.

Not getting carried away though, we look good so far but not great. To win the league you have to be great.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #15007: Aug 27, 2017 03:51:21 pm
      Safe to say both United & Liverpool struggled against the minor teams (( on paper)) last year so certainly no complaints so far.  We're looking a lot more confident on the ball this year and the movement is certainly giving us fans a boost.

Not getting carried away though, we look good so far but not great. To win the league you have to be great.

City won something like their first 10 games last season or the one before didn't they? Then finished well off top spot so would be foolish to be getting carried away.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #15008: Aug 27, 2017 03:55:10 pm
      One bad result and the doubts will all come crawling back. They'll be struggling to break top 4 by seasons end.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15009: Aug 27, 2017 04:24:25 pm
      City won something like their first 10 games last season or the one before didn't they? Then finished well off top spot so would be foolish to be getting carried away.

I can't speak for other mancs but this one certainly not getting carried away. Good start against minor clubs is all it is.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15010: Aug 27, 2017 04:25:47 pm
      One bad result and the doubts will all come crawling back. They'll be struggling to break top 4 by seasons end.

Better team than last year so should be at least top 5 this time.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #15011: Aug 27, 2017 08:16:04 pm
      Frosted popcorn head, looks like somebody spilt Ketchup on the other side. Somebody needs to warn Sam Allardyce before they play palace or he might get his head bitten off. I have no idea what EQVAL means, but that Hashtag looks looks more like a pause button.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #15012: Aug 27, 2017 11:28:03 pm
      They beat the likes of Swansea and West Ham 4-0 (Newcastle even put 3 past West Ham)...we put 4 past Arsenal.
      paulow63
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts | 85 
      Reply #15013: Aug 28, 2017 06:18:09 am
      They beat the likes of Swansea and West Ham 4-0 (Newcastle even put 3 past West Ham)...we put 4 past Arsenal.
      Pretty sure they put 8 past Arsenal about 5 years ago but then conceded 6 against Citeh a few weeks later, got to remain grounded
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15014: Aug 28, 2017 09:09:24 am

Based on yesterday's performance by Arsenal you could very much argue it's the worse iv ever seen them play which makes Uniteds results better than Liverpools yesterday. However, that's wouldn't be fair, reason being! I'm not as biased as most.

Doesn't matter how bad a team plays for anyone to put 3/4 goals past any team (( especially away )) you still have to play well which Liverpool did.  All to often rival fans say you only beat a sh*te team and it means nothing, well it does mean something! It's called jealousy  ;)

Arsenal were woeful and you guys took full advantage of it and played good exciting football and enjoyed the match. Salah looking like a nice buy like I've already said, I really do like him and think he will get even better.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #15015: Aug 28, 2017 10:59:55 am
      Pretty sure they put 8 past Arsenal about 5 years ago but then conceded 6 against Citeh a few weeks later, got to remain grounded

I don't care what happened 5 years ago.

Based on yesterday's performance by Arsenal you could very much argue it's the worse iv ever seen them play which makes Uniteds results better than Liverpools yesterday. However, that's wouldn't be fair, reason being! I'm not as biased as most.

Doesn't matter how bad a team plays for anyone to put 3/4 goals past any team (( especially away )) you still have to play well which Liverpool did.  All to often rival fans say you only beat a sh*te team and it means nothing, well it does mean something! It's called jealousy  ;)

Arsenal were woeful and you guys took full advantage of it and played good exciting football and enjoyed the match. Salah looking like a nice buy like I've already said, I really do like him and think he will get even better.

Lad I'm just enjoying the moment because at the end of the day, Arsenal will be competing for a top 4 spot and viewed as a rival in terms of finishing position of the league so it's a great start against the so called "bigger" teams, where as a big win against the likes of Swansea should be routine, though not as routine as it used to be I guess.
      Wins like this can help create great momentum and confidence within the team.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15016: Aug 28, 2017 11:16:26 am

Wins like this can help create great momentum and confidence within the team.

This is my argument too. However, when I say it all I hear is that you've beaten no one yet.  :-\ A 4-0 win against any team in the Premiership is fantastic, against Arsenal it's awesome yet you'll still get negative posters from fans/rivals. I'm all for enjoying the moment and that's what you should all be doing.

Annoying thing now is this shitty international break that most of us hate these days coz England sh*te and boring to watch with a manager who knows as much about the game as myself, only difference is he gets paid more than me.  ;D

Both sides of the East Lancs are buzzing and so they should be. Untill October 14th of course.  :f_whistle:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #15017: Aug 28, 2017 01:07:19 pm
      This is my argument too. However, when I say it all I hear is that you've beaten no one yet.  :-\ A 4-0 win against any team in the Premiership is fantastic, against Arsenal it's awesome yet you'll still get negative posters from fans/rivals. I'm all for enjoying the moment and that's what you should all be doing.

Annoying thing now is this shitty international break that most of us hate these days coz England sh*te and boring to watch with a manager who knows as much about the game as myself, only difference is he gets paid more than me.  ;D

Both sides of the East Lancs are buzzing and so they should be. Untill October 14th of course.  :f_whistle:

With you on the international break. Load of crap, players always end up injured! Have all summer for an international game so they put them 3 games into the new season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #15018: Aug 29, 2017 12:46:10 pm

It would also be absolute bullshit as well!!

We F***ing made them look that poor.

Quick Reply