Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2290065 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #15456: Jan 22, 2018 06:09:35 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15457: Jan 22, 2018 06:14:20 pm

That is genuinely painful. Cringe levels turned up to the max.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,627 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15458: Jan 22, 2018 09:10:28 pm

He's got what it takes to be the second best striker in the premier league
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,577 posts | 6635 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #15459: Jan 22, 2018 10:26:51 pm
      They will be laughing at us tonight! cu*ts!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #15460: Jan 22, 2018 10:29:27 pm
      They will be laughing at us tonight! cu*ts!

They can, the holidays their recent-ish 2-1 reverses against Swansea paid for  are still fresh in my mind.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #15461: Jan 22, 2018 10:34:22 pm
      He's got what it takes to be the second best striker in the premier league

He’s a fine player Keith no doubt.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #15462: Jan 22, 2018 11:45:42 pm
      Even if United won the league for the next 3 years no one in world football is worth wages like the amounts players get today. £50k a week is more than enough to have a very high standard of life. At the end of the day it's us fans who suffer through merchandise sales/tickets/ tv rights etc etc. I'd Capp wages if I could.

You know Keith, you should stop being on the fence and actually go celebrate. Yes, he is 29 and will cost you 160m ish over 4 seasons, but how many players of his calibre can you get for that price that will most likely propel you to the next level and possibly help win you tophies over the next 2-3 seasons? And is 160m over 4 seasons really that much for Utd?

You have one of the top 10 players in world football ffs! When was the last time you had one as good as Sanchez in attack? Not even Utd Ronaldo was as good as Sanchez of today, right? I am jealous and hate utd, so f**k you!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #15463: Jan 22, 2018 11:55:39 pm
      You know Keith, you should stop being on the fence and actually go celebrate. Yes, he is 29 and will cost you 160m ish over 4 seasons, but how many players of his calibre can you get for that price that will most likely propel you to the next level and possibly help win you tophies over the next 2-3 seasons? And is 160m over 4 seasons really that much for Utd?

You have one of the top 10 players in world football ffs! When was the last time you had one as good as Sanchez in attack? Not even Utd Ronaldo was as good as Sanchez of today, right? I am jealous and hate utd, so f**k you!

Hopefully he'll be as much of a success as Falcao was with them. They were meant to be signing one of the best attackers around at that time, couldn't really have gone any worse.

Though, with Falcao I think it was more a case of just never settling in England and to the football over here. Where as if Sanchez flops, that will be the result of Jose and the negative football he plays. Sanchez will have to reign his game in now, something he's probably never done before.

Will certainly be interesting to see how it goes like. I just hope he soon regrets the move, though with that contract, I doubt he will be too bothered.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,627 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15464: Jan 23, 2018 09:41:32 am

;D Certainly not on the fence mate and like I said got what it takes to be No2 in the Premier league. Were lacking goals presently and this lad can certainly turn it round. Too late to win the league this year though but main  thing he's not just a squad player, he will improve us so no complaints or sitting on the fence from me.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #15465: Jan 23, 2018 03:21:07 pm
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5300093/Man-United-pip-Madrid-spot-Deloittes-rich-list.html

There you go .......Scum are back on top of the money grubbing tree.... yet there has still not been one penny of the Glazer's spent on the infrastructure or stadium. (See previous 2017 post on that subject).

They've just been dictated to by a "mercenary" who plays for the bucks ... never the badge ...... or am I being naive?

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15466: Jan 23, 2018 04:00:02 pm
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5300093/Man-United-pip-Madrid-spot-Deloittes-rich-list.html

There you go .......Scum are back on top of the money grubbing tree.... yet there has still not been one penny of the Glazer's spent on the infrastructure or stadium. (See previous 2017 post on that subject).

They've just been dictated to by a "mercenary" who plays for the bucks ... never the badge ...... or am I being naive?

Surely you don't mean Sanchez the boyhood Man Utd fan, who has finally after many patient years fulfilled his dream.............. of suckering some club for £500k per week :-)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,627 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15467: Jan 23, 2018 04:03:48 pm

One of the bonuses of always being one of the top earners mean atleast we can continue to buy top players at obscene wages.  :(
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #15468: Jan 23, 2018 05:43:02 pm
      One of the bonuses of always being one of the top earners mean atleast we can continue to buy top players at obscene wages.  :(

But Keith........”A Working Class Hero Is Something To Be.....” ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,627 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15469: Jan 23, 2018 09:32:23 pm
      But Keith........”A Working Class Hero Is Something To Be.....” ;)

;D
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #15470: Jan 23, 2018 11:18:42 pm
      In all honesty, Mourinho has made a real statement of intent here. An instant upgrade in the left back department.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,627 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15471: Jan 25, 2018 07:57:30 pm
      Mourinho signing extension on contract?? No no noooo. He's going to PSG. He never stays at a club more than 2/3 years so my scouse mates keep telling me.  ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15472: Jan 25, 2018 08:25:58 pm
      Mourinho signing extension on contract?? No no noooo. He's going to PSG. He never stays at a club more than 2/3 years so my scouse mates keep telling me.  ;D

Nah Keith. Mourinho's a clever man with money - longer the contract, the bigger the payout when he gets sacked. His pockets fill up, you get fleeced! Good thinking by the man I say! ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,627 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15473: Jan 25, 2018 08:49:05 pm
      Nah Keith. Mourinho's a clever man with money - longer the contract, the bigger the payout when he gets sacked. His pockets fill up, you get fleeced! Good thinking by the man I say! ;)

To be fair there's reasoning in your post as I've said previously players/managers are out for what they can get. However, it is looking like he could spend more time with us than any other club which is what I stated a while back I'd think he'd do.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #15474: Jan 25, 2018 10:57:21 pm
      To be fair there's reasoning in your post as I've said previously players/managers are out for what they can get. However, it is looking like he could spend more time with us than any other club which is what I stated a while back I'd think he'd do.
      Doubt he will go anywhere, he hates Liverpool and Liverpool fans hate him... he fits like a glove for United. Sanchez going there fits too, because he is a Mercenary snubber as far as most Liverpool fans are concerned
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8428 
      Reply #15475: Jan 25, 2018 11:23:50 pm
      Doubt he will go anywhere, he hates Liverpool and Liverpool fans hate him... he fits like a glove for United. Sanchez going there fits too, because he is a Mercenary snubber as far as most Liverpool fans are concerned

Actually Mourinho doesn't hate Liverpool, he has a massive respect for us, doesn't always come through, but he always speaks well of the club etc in interviews away from the usual matchday bullshit. Remember seeing an interview were he spoke about watching our early to mid 80s team dismantling Benfica.

I always got the feeling he was a bit pissed off not to get the job back in 2004.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #15476: Jan 26, 2018 10:53:14 am
      So Mourinho thinks Sanchez is a juicy orange. Interesting, wonder how he came to that analogy.
      Maybe he was thinking of that scene from 'Call me by your name' ... the one where the piece of fruit gets rogered.
      What goes on in your head should stay in your head Maureen...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,627 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15477: Jan 26, 2018 11:05:45 am
      So Mourinho thinks Sanchez is a juicy orange. Interesting, wonder how he came to that analogy.
      Maybe he was thinking of that scene from 'Call me by your name' ... the one where the piece of fruit gets rogered.
      What goes on in your head should stay in your head Maureen...

Bet he scores tonite  :P ;D
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #15478: Jan 26, 2018 11:17:13 am

Will be tough against the mighty Yeovil ;)

Who's gonna loose out with him signing?  Rashford/Martial/Mata?  Would've thought Martial [high left] but have heard the other two mentioned too.

Quick Reply