Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2330770 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #15594: Feb 18, 2018 09:25:20 am
      But thats where your wrong mate. VAR is only to be used for clear and obvious decisions. No one would say that was clear cut offside. Even when you see slow mo you think their level. They even made the call on a wonky line. No linesman in the world could of put his flag up and said 1 inch of his knee was offside.

I'm all for VAR but they do need to stick to the guide lines implemented till they have worked out everything.

Stick to the guidelines?  Even if they are wobby ?
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #15595: Feb 18, 2018 10:37:02 am
      Quote from Keith Singleton
      But thats where your wrong mate. VAR is only to be used for clear and obvious decisions. No one would say that was clear cut offside. Even when you see slow mo you think their level. They even made the call on a wonky line. No linesman in the world could of put his flag up and said 1 inch of his knee was offside.

I'm all for VAR but they do need to stick to the guide lines implemented till they have worked out everything.

I'm not wrong, it's offside and the wrong decision given by the official on the pitch was corrected there and then. That's all I'm interested in really. That's not because it's your team, that applies right across the board. Get the right decision, and we'll argue how it looks later. We must have justice on a football pitch in every single case. We should have had it 30 years ago, never mind now.

As for the wonky lines, it's clear and obvious that they are not official lines and VAR couldn't possibly use them to make a judgement and didn't in this case. I don't know what we need multiple lines for, except the last defender, but for some reason we're shown lines of players not involved in an incident. ???

As for Wagner and co, the first thing you're told when you step on to a football pitch is about fair play. So this ensures we have it. You can con a match official into getting a decision your way, but you cannot con a camera, it's as simple as that.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,869 posts | 2692 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15596: Feb 18, 2018 11:40:54 am
      I'm not wrong, it's offside and the wrong decision given by the official on the pitch was corrected there and then. That's all I'm interested in really. That's not because it's your team, that applies right across the board. Get the right decision, and we'll argue how it looks later. We must have justice on a football pitch in every single case. We should have had it 30 years ago, never mind now.

As for the wonky lines, it's clear and obvious that they are not official lines and VAR couldn't possibly use them to make a judgement and didn't in this case. I don't know what we need multiple lines for, except the last defender, but for some reason we're shown lines of players not involved in an incident. ???

As for Wagner and co, the first thing you're told when you step on to a football pitch is about fair play. So this ensures we have it. You can con a match official into getting a decision your way, but you cannot con a camera, it's as simple as that.

Agree with you in principle and like I say I'm for VAR but honestly think this shouldn't of gone to it as it wasn't clear cut. If things go to VAR for every minor decision the game would be going on for 2 hours.

There has to be a balance which they haven't found yet. It's all a leaning curve and mistakes will continue to be made (( like yesterday )) but if that was the only goal of the match I think more would of been said.. Quite simply you cannot use VAR for every decision. If that was the case we wouldn't need referees or linesmen. Just the computer  :-\
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #15597: Feb 18, 2018 12:29:07 pm
      It is clearcut. The white line (the proper one) verified that. Slam dunk. Accordingly, the VAR did the job he was supposed to do.

Every goal/major decision now has to be checked, there is too much at stake for errors to be tolerated. And if the game takes two hours, then it takes two hours. Do you watch rugby, tennis, cricket? How long does that take? If they can get their decisions right, it's totally unacceptable that we should put up with mistakes in our sport.

We have the means to get decisions right, so get them right.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,869 posts | 2692 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15598: Feb 18, 2018 01:23:29 pm
      It is clearcut. The white line (the proper one) verified that. Slam dunk. Accordingly, the VAR did the job he was supposed to do.

Every goal/major decision now has to be checked, there is too much at stake for errors to be tolerated. And if the game takes two hours, then it takes two hours. Do you watch rugby, tennis, cricket? How long does that take? If they can get their decisions right, it's totally unacceptable that we should put up with mistakes in our sport.

We have the means to get decisions right, so get them right.

If what I hear about it only should be used in clear obvious mistakes is wrong then I fully agree with you mate.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #15599: Feb 18, 2018 07:33:18 pm
      Mou's comments on another midfielder...

Meanwhile, Mourinho heaped praise on Pogba's midfield rival Scott McTominay and advised Scotland manager Alex McLeish to select him before England do.
      The 21-year-old has not looked back since his surprise debut towards the end of last season, making 14 appearances in all competitions this term having proven his worth to a manager that is not known for giving youth a chance.
      "We had some players that missed but we had some players that played so, so well,'' Mourinho told MUTV. "Honestly, I think Scott deserves more than what he is getting.
      "I think maybe it's because he's this kind of kid profile: a normal haircut, no tattoos, no big cars, no big watches, humble kid, arrive in the club when he was nine or 10."

So right, no little digs in there for Pogba at all ... :)
      Kopite78
      Reply #15600: Feb 18, 2018 08:14:12 pm
      Betting on United to win.  :roll: So you must of been cheering when we scored  ;D Your cover is out! Secret Manc has come out of the closet  :D

:D

I didn't even look til after the game. I just throw a bet on what I think outcomes will be
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #15601: Feb 18, 2018 10:08:48 pm
      Quote from Keith Singleton
      There has to be a balance which they haven't found yet. It's all a leaning curve and mistakes will continue to be made (( like yesterday )) but if that was the only goal of the match I think more would of been said.. Quite simply you cannot use VAR for every decision. If that was the case we wouldn't need referees or linesmen. Just the computer  :-\

I haven't seen any mistakes so far. In terms of decisions made, errors have been almost non existent. Yes there are communication issues, but that's not a mistake, that's the way the current set up is. Fans in the stadium are not allowed to know what the officials are doing, viewers are not allowed to hear what the officials are saying, tv is not producing replays soon enough, so the wait is longer than it should be.

VAR is not a computer, a qualified official is operating it, and can make informed decisions according to the regulations, based on access to all available replays of an incident. That's a luxury that the on field referee doesn't have. So he needs help, and here it is.

Not only does it eliminate errors, it also clamps down on cheating and diving. Anyone stupid enough to try it will be punished on the spot as they should be, rather than long after the game is over. This revolution in officiating is going to clean the crap out of our sport, once and for all, where fair play and not cheating is the winner.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #15602: Feb 19, 2018 02:21:16 pm
      Still the most unoriginal fuckers around, for Reclaim The Stretford End, see Reclaim The Kop!!

Manchester United fans encourage club to 'reclaim the Stretford End' in open letter

The Manchester United Supporters' Trust have called on the club to help them 'reclaim' Old Trafford's Stretford End in an open letter discussing the atmosphere at the stadium.
      United boss Jose Mourinho recently criticised the lack of noise from the home support at the ground, claiming he'd witnessed a better atmosphere at Portsmouth's Fratton Park.

While acknowledging the club's ongoing consideration of an expansion of the stadium, MUST used the letter - addressed to Group Managing Director, Richard Arnold - to put forward several interim measures which could be taken to improve atmosphere in the short to medium term.

Reclaiming the Stretford End, the letter says, would result in the most significant impact on Old Trafford's atmosphere. It calls on the relocation of the Executive International Suite and some of the Family Stand to a more suitable area of the stadium and also asks for an extension of the concession age range to help new generations of fans afford season tickets.

The biggest single change which would impact on atmosphere would be to reclaim the Stretford End as a traditional ā€œpopular endā€ with cheap tickets, a youthful age profile of highly vocal fans. To achieve this, and so doing re-unify the Stretford End, would require relocation of the Executive International Suite and at least part of the Family Stand to a more suitable area of the stadium.

'We would also call for protected ticket prices to replace the eroded number of minimum price (Ā£28) tickets resulting from expansion of Disabled Facilities into East Stand since the mid-2000ā€™s. We recommend reinstating the number of such affordable seats to at least the same proportion of stadium capacity as they comprised prior to those developments, and locating these, at least initially, in the Stretford End.

"Younger supporters should be given priority on any new migration into a rejuvenated Stretford End...

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/manchester-united-fans-encourage-club-to-reclaim-the-stretford-end-in-open-letter-163021

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15603: Feb 19, 2018 02:51:49 pm
      If what I hear about it only should be used in clear obvious mistakes is wrong then I fully agree with you mate.

How would someone, a referee, know a decision was a clear and obvious mistake, I'm confused about that?  Surely the whole point about video technology is to assist the officials in marginal calls which are hard to tell in real time. If something is obviously a foul then no need for video technology.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #15604: Feb 19, 2018 02:56:14 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,869 posts | 2692 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15605: Feb 19, 2018 03:06:39 pm
      How would someone, a referee, know a decision was a clear and obvious mistake, I'm confused about that?

Very good question mate, sadly i can't answer. Not even sure the VAR bods can either.  ;D
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #15606: Feb 21, 2018 08:21:35 pm
      Interesting to see Scott McTominay start ahead of Pogba against Sevilla
      Looks like the relationship between Maureen and Mr. Opposite of "a normal haircut, no tattoos, no big cars, no big watches, humble kid" is going downhill pretty fast.
      Will 'both' of them be at Manure next season? Hard to see it right now.

In fairness to Maureen, he's taking a big risk tonight not playing Pogba. But, the end justifies the means ....
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #15607: Feb 21, 2018 08:32:09 pm
      Sevilla are a F***ing good team
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #15608: Feb 21, 2018 08:32:43 pm
      De Gea is F***ing AMAZING
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #15609: Feb 21, 2018 08:39:13 pm
      Interesting to see Scott McTominay start ahead of Pogba against Sevilla
      Looks like the relationship between Maureen and Mr. Opposite of "a normal haircut, no tattoos, no big cars, no big watches, humble kid" is going downhill pretty fast.
      Will 'both' of them be at Manure next season? Hard to see it right now.

In fairness to Maureen, he's taking a big risk tonight not playing Pogba. But, the end justifies the means ....

Rumours on Twitter of Minoala trying to find a move for Pogba in the summer.

De Gea easily Utd's best player.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #15610: Feb 21, 2018 08:55:13 pm
      Pogba is sh*t, I donā€™t understand the hype at all. Heā€™s sending square balls out for a throw for F**k sake.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #15611: Feb 21, 2018 08:57:13 pm
      Rumours on Twitter of Minoala trying to find a move for Pogba in the summer.

De Gea easily Utd's best player.

Rumours also that PSG would have an opening if they don't win the CL...

Yea, they would really miss De Gea if he moved on.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,196 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #15612: Feb 21, 2018 09:08:03 pm
      De Gea is so good ... they would be a lot poorer without him
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15613: Feb 21, 2018 09:15:01 pm
      De Gea is so good ... they would be a lot poorer without him

He really is. I can't remember a goalkeeper who has had a greater influence on their club's standing. Saved Man Utd's bacon many a time.

As for Man Utd in general - F***ing hell they are boring me to tears. Their style of play is almost (ALMOST) making me feel sorry for their fans.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,869 posts | 2692 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15614: Feb 21, 2018 09:20:21 pm

As for Man Utd in general - f**king hell they are boring me to tears.

I'm struggling to be honest.  :(
      Kopite78
      Reply #15615: Feb 21, 2018 09:34:51 pm
      I'd almost say they don't deserve Mourinho
      It's not utd his sh*te

I'd love them to go out on away goals to really stick two fingers up at his approach
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15616: Feb 21, 2018 09:37:23 pm

Honestly Keith I don't get it - on paper the Man Utd squad looks fantastic and with many players in the prime age to be something. Great pace up front with the likes of Rashford and Martial available but why isn't it being utilised? Pogba? What's going on there? What does it say about Mourinho that he can't get the best out of him? For sure he gets them defending solidly but couldn't he at least take a little focus off on that to ensure greater freedom up front?

Man Utd a decade ago were utterly fearsome. Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Vidic, Ferdinand...the list goes on. Breaking at the speed of light, dismantling teams with ease, defending world class. It was unbelievable and rightly (as hard as it is for me to admit) they were crowned European Champions because they were comfortably the best team in Europe that year. I can't speak for neutrals but I'm guessing the last time that Man Utd were worthy of catching a glimpse of for them was probably 6-8 years ago because even in Ferguson's last season they weren't much to shout about by his very high standards.

But hey, 0-0 FT at Sevilla. Does that justify their turgid play? Surely not?

Quick Reply