Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2329181 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,858 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #16307: Sep 16, 2018 11:25:26 am
      That was a strange game, Watford looked fairly awful but so did Man Utd in large parts, just got the slightly better rub of the green.

Thats my thoughts on your game too. Spurs should of had a penalty. Where's VAR when you need it. Q.... LFC across the water  ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #16308: Sep 16, 2018 06:22:51 pm
      Thats my thoughts on your game too. Spurs should of had a penalty. Where's VAR when you need it. Q.... LFC across the water  ;D

you would kill to watch football as awful as ours was yesterday. Maureen is more involved with proving pundits wrong than winning football matches.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,866 posts | 165 
      Reply #16309: Sep 16, 2018 08:50:13 pm

you would kill to watch football as awful as ours was yesterday. Maureen is more involved with proving pundits wrong than winning football matches.

Very true, I started watching their game, then realised I had some paint drying....much more enjoyable... :lmao:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #16310: Sep 17, 2018 03:27:39 pm

I was surprised there wasn’t more protesting for it actually, but I like to think of it as karma for when they were wrongly awarded a penalty against us last season.

The amount of penalties we don’t get awarded, makes a nice change for it to be the other way.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,858 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16311: Sep 17, 2018 04:10:55 pm
      I was surprised there wasn’t more protesting for it actually, but I like to think of it as karma for when they were wrongly awarded a penalty against us last season.

The amount of penalties we don’t get awarded, makes a nice change for it to be the other way.

I still think it evens itself out over a season in  most cases..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16312: Sep 17, 2018 04:13:03 pm

It would have been a very soft penalty plus been so unfair if Spurs snatched an equaliser so I think we earned that little bit of luck.  Plus if there was VAR then I think the Spurs defender might have been sent off earlier in the game.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,858 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16313: Sep 17, 2018 07:15:37 pm
      It would have been a very soft penalty

I tend to agree with you. However, one stone wall VAR contender on here will say no such thing as a soft penalty. It is or it isn't according to VAR rules.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #16314: Sep 17, 2018 07:49:18 pm
      Not really the right thread for it, but remember Brazil v Belgium in the WC, a very similar incident. A penalty wasn't given for that either, and VAR agreed, saying the ball was "out of play". Brazil lost, so Alisson and Robert got to come home a week early.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16315: Sep 19, 2018 05:11:32 pm
      I always seem to call united games wrong. I am predicting they win tonight though.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,858 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16316: Sep 19, 2018 05:23:45 pm
      I always seem to call united games wrong. I am predicting they win tonight though.

:lmao: Very good  :lmao:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #16317: Sep 19, 2018 05:51:27 pm
      Mancs will 10000000000000000000% win tonight, gonna put my life savings on it.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,858 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16318: Sep 19, 2018 07:42:07 pm
      Mancs will 10000000000000000000% win tonight, gonna put my life savings on it.

Your a good judge
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #16319: Sep 20, 2018 06:50:55 am
      Just doesn’t seem right when the Mancs have a comfortable 3-0 win these days, seems like every match they win I expect to be a struggle.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,858 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16320: Sep 20, 2018 08:50:03 am
      Just doesn’t seem right when the Mancs have a comfortable 3-0 win these days, seems like every match they win I expect to be a struggle.

Come on mate were not that bad.  ;D   Granted not contenders for the league but hopefully top 4. Pogba showing some serious class now and knocking the doubters. Still hate his run up for penalties but by the F**k he can take them. Nearly always up in the air and not the sides.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16321: Sep 20, 2018 10:06:16 am
      Come on mate were not that bad.  ;D   Granted not contenders for the league but hopefully top 4. Pogba showing some serious class now and knocking the doubters. Still hate his run up for penalties but by the f**k he can take them. Nearly always up in the air and not the sides.

Keith whilst I recognise that Utd had a convincing win for the first time in ages you have to take into consideration that you were playing a fairly sh*t team who will be the whipping boys of your group.  Have to say the Pogba goal was very good, perhaps Maureen will finally work out that he plays better when given space to roam forwards.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,858 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16322: Sep 20, 2018 11:05:04 am
      Keith whilst I recognise that Utd had a convincing win for the first time in ages you have to take into consideration that you were playing a fairly sh*t team who will be the whipping boys of your group.  Have to say the Pogba goal was very good, perhaps Maureen will finally work out that he plays better when given space to roam forwards.

Yeah I've already stated same thing heimdall. You can only beat what's put in front of you and agree young boys are only like a championship side. Certainly not getting excited by the result but very happy with Pogba.

It's taken a while for Mourinho to change from parking the double decker bus but have seen signs that's it's gone to a single decker now.  ;D Lets hope he continues for the good of football, especially if your a red!! Oh!! You're a red.  :D :f_whistle:
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #16323: Sep 20, 2018 09:28:57 pm
      Yeah I've already stated same thing heimdall. You can only beat what's put in front of you and agree young boys are only like a championship side. Certainly not getting excited by the result but very happy with Pogba.

It's taken a while for Mourinho to change from parking the double decker bus but have seen signs that's it's gone to a single decker now.  ;D Lets hope he continues for the good of football, especially if your a red!! Oh!! You're a red.  :D :f_whistle:
      Don’t worry the bus is in the garage ticking over
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #16324: Sep 22, 2018 04:55:12 pm
      Keith, what's the score vs Wolves? Can you keep me updated.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #16325: Sep 22, 2018 04:55:57 pm

your talking about the massive mid table clash ?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16326: Sep 22, 2018 04:59:35 pm
      I am also eager to know. It's quite tight down there, competing for that Europa spot with Arsenal and Watford.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #16327: Sep 22, 2018 05:03:10 pm

Got to say, that's a disappointing result...for Wolves.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #16328: Sep 22, 2018 05:05:01 pm

when Maureen said it was going to be a difficult season I didn't realise he meant for the likes of Keith. Has he come out from behind the sofa yet
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16329: Sep 22, 2018 05:05:41 pm
      It's not like they're our rival anymore. Man City are rivals now, United are Everton's rival.

Quick Reply