Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2335342 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #16445: Sep 26, 2018 05:31:38 pm
      Originally all paper talk from the gutter press. More recently I'm not so sure now.  ??? It's very confusing what you read and what we appear to know. I do get good info from my sky rep and only yesterday he told me things defo not right with Pogba & Mourhino.

I hope they can work their problems out ( if true) as Pogba such a special player for me. He's simply world class and will still get better pending what formation his manger  or future manager he plays under.  He will win a Ballon D'Or

Was doing the rounds on Twitter and Mourinho as good as confirmed it after the game about stripping him of the vice-captaincy. I can see Barca launching a bid for him either January or in the summer.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16446: Sep 26, 2018 08:09:15 pm
      Was doing the rounds on Twitter and Mourinho as good as confirmed it after the game about stripping him of the vice-captaincy. I can see Barca launching a bid for him either January or in the summer.

It could well be a choice of who stays and who goes.  ???
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #16447: Sep 27, 2018 02:33:49 pm
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #16448: Sep 27, 2018 03:21:08 pm
      Why are you asking these questions?
      Why are you asking them in this thread?

The mancs are crap. They're not a threat to us in the immediate or long term. I'm still going to celebrate and laugh at them though whenever they fail, in whatever competition it is. They did it to me and us for long enough. I still remember their fans celebrating the day they last got the league, while I was preparing to watch us start the second half of an away game that year at Fulham, thinking they better make the most of it, cos it's the last time they'll be seeing that trophy in that dump anytime soon. Which it was.

Even if they dump Mourinho, any new bastrd coming in has a massive rebuilding job on his hands. And their fanbase have all the attention span of a squirrel, so they won't give him the time to do that job.

Not really. The current team has pretty good players so the best thing that can happen for us is that Jose stays there as long as possible. When Jose left Chelsea the thought was that team would also need a rebuild but then Conte came in and won the league with them. A good coach taking over that team would be dangerous.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #16449: Sep 27, 2018 07:42:12 pm
      Quote from Ribapuru
      I want United to be outside the top four that is why. If they finish 4th this season they can recover next season. I would rather them go down as hard as Arsenal have and scrap for 5th with Everton. For me Saturday is the real test of their mindset, if West Ham can win.. that will be great. As for this cup it seems empty to celebrate because it means 7 less pointless games in 5 months for them. These are months that are already congested. Going out early can reduce fatigue in their important games. I would much rather them lose in the quarter or semi than at this stage.

I think this has more to do with your hatred of the competition we've won more than anyone else, than the mancs troubles.

Their season is already over, they won't finish in the top 4, so they can sit there with their red buttons, to watch us and City fight it out for the major trophies, in Ultra HD. That's what we had to put up with for 20 years, now the roles are reversed. Karma.

We know how much they like marketing and self-promotion, so the only thing they might win is a brand new name, Meltdown United. With a bit of luck, it might just stick for a while.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #16450: Sep 27, 2018 09:13:31 pm
      Karl Pilkington.

Admits that as a kid on his estate he was told not to talk to strangers and don't support Liverpool.
      Fear at any early age. F-E-A-R.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45667293
      « Last Edit: Sep 28, 2018 12:34:30 am by MIRO »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #16451: Sep 27, 2018 10:42:22 pm
      karl Pilkington.

Admits that as a kid on his estate he was told not to talk to strangers and don't support Liverpool.
      Fear at any early age. F-E-A-R.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45667293

He's a miserable manc, are you surprised!!

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #16452: Sep 27, 2018 11:56:07 pm
      "I'm here"   :couch:

Still alive (( only just ))  :f_wah: Went  to the match so couldn't post  :f_whistle:

God! Over 3 new pages on us and you lot say we're possessed  :lmao: There's more scousers that post on Redcafe than United fans on here.  ;D
      I don't know about parking the bus these days but on present form can  you guys throw me under it please.  :f_wah: Playing like   :tosser: is one thing, getting abused is another.  :D give us a break guys. Does anyone have sympathy for this middle age man who loves nearly all of you.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: Aussie reds still loves me.  :lmao:

F**k off Keith  :D :D :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #16453: Sep 28, 2018 12:11:23 am
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #16454: Sep 28, 2018 12:19:49 am
      Woah.
      Contagion is spreading fast .
      This is from the esteemed New York Times.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/worry-worry-man-united/ar-BBNBC0F?li=AAnZ9Ug

Look for the bit about the Old Traford failing Wi Fi. 
      Ive mentioned in previous posts that whilst they pay mercenary Sanchez half a million a week and buy back Pogba in an accounting nightmare the Glazers cant even get the wi fi ... the leaking roof, rusty girders and the toilets sorted out.
      They did however install hanging microphones around the ground to try to amplify their sh*te vocal support.   
      I digress.
      The infrastructure can go to hell in their eyes.
      If they could only divert that infernal railway line ......the fourth unexploited side of the stadium.... another 10,000 seats.
      We thought Hicks and Gillett were highwaymen.

Here we go .

The article is entitled 

Worry Worry Man Utd

MANCHESTER, England — It was past midnight when José Mourinho and his coaching staff finally left the Old Trafford changing room, with their impromptu conclave at an end.

They had spent a couple of hours in there, mulling over the penalty shootout defeat to Derby County on Tuesday night that had ended Manchester United’s (admittedly mild) interest in this year’s Carabao Cup.

For the most part, though, they had churned through ideas for how to approach Saturday’s Premier League game at West Ham United, searching for a tactical tweak, a selection decision, that might get their team back into gear, that might head off the encroaching shadow of looming crisis — never too far away at Old Trafford, these days — at the pass.

By the time Tuesday had become Wednesday, though, no answer had been found, no solution discovered, so Mourinho and his inner circle called it a night. There was no epiphany, no burst of clarity, no white smoke. Manchester United and its manager would remain shrouded in uncertainty for another day.

The feeling is increasingly familiar at Old Trafford. Writing Mourinho’s — or his team’s — obituary is a fool’s errand, of course. He is, as he himself has so kindly pointed out quite recently, one of the finest coaches of his generation; few of his peers boast a record quite so worthy of the respect he often feels he is denied.

His team may be flawed, but he is hardly working with flotsam: Only a handful of managers in the world would not gladly swap their squad for Mourinho’s collection of World Cup-winners and league champions and $100 million strikers.

Manchester United may well win at West Ham, beat Valencia in the Champions League next week, and then defeat Newcastle United — Old Trafford’s next visitor — for good measure. Mourinho, as he has done before, would take great pleasure in once again proving the “football geniuses” in the news media to be the know-nothings he (probably correctly) believes them — us — to be.

Mourinho, though, is no fool. He knows that the sense of drift at Old Trafford is not an invention of newspapers desperate to drive up sales. He does not sincerely believe that all the reports of dissatisfaction among his players are mere clickbait by websites hungry for advertising revenues, or that some social media algorithm has decided that he does not play sufficiently attractive soccer.

He knows that pretending he believes all of those things is helpful; that the news media provides a convenient, and at times entirely obliging, scapegoat; that it is 2018, and assailing the evils of fake news and failing newspapers and partisan talking heads is very much the zeitgeist, and that among his fans he will find some who are willing to believe what they want to be true.

But he and his staff did not stay late on Tuesday night because of some hysterical reporting in the morning newspapers, or because of the iniquities of Google, or because Twitter was in a furor. They stayed because Mourinho knows that something is wrong, and because if he is to fix it, he has first to find out what it is.

Mourinho’s Manchester United is already eight points behind league-leading Liverpool and six adrift of Manchester City and Chelsea. sea. It has been like this for some time: for much of this young season, certainly; for most of preseason, too; on and off throughout his time at Old Trafford, in fact. Manchester United has become the sort of club it never used to be: one of those teams that always seems to be skirting the fringes of meltdown, one of those places where it never takes much to send it over the edge.

That might be a couple of poor results; the defeats to Brighton and Tottenham, for example, that brought the glare of scrutiny just a month ago. It could be some injudicious comments from a player: most often, at this point, from Paul Pogba, who has obliquely referred to problems with his manager in public more than once, and has privately disclosed that he wishes to leave. It could be a hint of discord between the manager and the chief executive over transfer budgets.

Or, as was the case on Tuesday, it could be something as insignificant as a poor Wi-Fi connection.

Pogba had watched the Derby game from a private box.
      During the first half, he tried to upload a video to one of his social media accounts.
      The connection was poor, and it was not posted online until after the game had finished, and United had been beaten.
      Unaware of the technical difficulties, Mourinho took that timing — understandably — as Pogba making light of the team’s defeat, and the two exchanged words in training, captured by a television camera. Pogba apologized, explained, and Mourinho quickly moved on, but the damage, at least to the watching public, was done.

Mourinho’s public stance has always been that a hyperbolic news media is to blame for this culture, where one defeat is a disaster, where a humdrum misunderstanding is a diplomatic incident. That there is an element of hypocrisy to that claim — Mourinho, more than most managers, is a media creature — should not detract from its inherent accuracy.

Yet he has been around for long enough to know that the existence of the cycle itself is noteworthy, a consequence, rather than a cause, of the condition. There are breakdowns in communication and tense relationships and poor days at Manchester City, too, and yet the same gloom never seems to descend.

Mourinho’s logic has always been that it is rooted in either a bias against him or his club from — you guessed it — the news media, or because soccer has no greater unit-shifter than Manchester United. But Old Trafford was not always a bed of roses under Alex Ferguson, United was no less popular and the media no less hungry. The consequences are different because the circumstances are. Put simply, a lot of problems go away when you are winning.

Mourinho has tried everything to inspire his team to do that on a more reliable basis. He has tried pretty much everything in his arsenal, in fact: he has protected his players in public, to shield them, and criticized them, too, to ignite a spark. He has changed his team, and his system. He has reminded the world of his record: a kind interpretation would see that as an act of reassurance to an uncertain squad; a less generous one might have it as getting his rebuttal in first.

He has, at times, managed to inspire a brief recovery, but as yet there has been nothing permanent. It is hard not to feel that is because he is trying to find the solution, when his first concern is fully to understand the problem.

Quite what that might be remains a matter of debate. Some might suggest that Mourinho’s cautious style is not in keeping with either Manchester United’s traditions, or the talents of his squad, or the modern Premier League. Others have indicated that he perhaps does not know how to get the best out of a younger generation of players who do not share his martial values. Perhaps he is missing his trusted lieutenant, Rui Faria, who left this summer. Maybe the club let him down by failing to invest even more millions in the squad.

There is no sense of mutiny among the players. (Ed: YET) Pogba is not alone in believing that United’s style has become a little too staid, a little too predictable, that Old Trafford no longer holds the dread it once did and that Mourinho must adapt accordingly, but there is no widespread dissatisfaction with his methods.

Likewise, there is no appetite for a change of manager among the hierarchy. Speaking to the club’s investors this week, Ed Woodward, the executive vice-chairman, made it plain that everyone at Old Trafford was committed to adding to the club’s, and to Mourinho’s, haul of trophies. Mourinho was appointed because he has always won, wherever he has worked. That faith has not yet evaporated.

Nobody, though, is under any illusion that his job is growing ever harder. United is already eight points behind Liverpool, and six behind Manchester City and Chelsea. Given that City dropped only 14 points over the whole of last season, there is now little margin for error.

United is chasing its own tail, struggling out of crisis and then lurching back again, drifting and circling at a time when its rivals are striding forward, the gap growing slowly, inexorably larger. Mourinho has to find an answer or — sooner or later — it will swallow him whole.

and how much revenue comes out of the USA in fan base and sponsors .... dont forget out of the 54 companies ...the shirt sponsor that doesn't even sell their cars in the UK anymore. F.F.S. !
      « Last Edit: Sep 28, 2018 01:52:49 pm by MIRO »
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,371 posts | 1029 
      Reply #16455: Sep 29, 2018 12:39:25 pm
      They are proper dogshit.

If I was a gambling man I would have stuck West Ham on without hesitation looking at that united line up.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #16456: Sep 29, 2018 01:29:36 pm
      Haha WH 2-0 Dogshit.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16457: Sep 29, 2018 01:39:15 pm
      I'm not laughing until game ends.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #16458: Sep 29, 2018 01:39:53 pm

I'm cackling
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #16459: Sep 29, 2018 01:48:38 pm

Cheer up ffs, it's nailed on.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16460: Sep 29, 2018 01:48:41 pm
      Is it just me or has the colour scheme on here changed?

Edit: my phones gone crazy.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #16461: Sep 29, 2018 01:53:51 pm
      Is it just me or has the colour scheme on here changed?

Edit: my phones gone crazy.

Just your phone?
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #16462: Sep 29, 2018 01:56:09 pm
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #16463: Sep 29, 2018 02:06:07 pm
      WH 3-1 Mancs
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #16464: Sep 29, 2018 02:19:01 pm
      Somebody check on Keith.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,371 posts | 1029 
      Reply #16465: Sep 29, 2018 02:21:23 pm
      Score doesn’t flatter West Ham. If their final ball was there, it could have been 5.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #16466: Sep 29, 2018 02:21:41 pm
      Ladies and Gentlemen of the LfcReds forum. I think the time has come when we need to consider locking, either temporarily or permanently this thread.
      These individual threads should be reserved for those teams who we see as geographical rivals (the BS) or those who are currently footballing rivals (Citeh Chelski and err err well you get the point)
      We don’t have a laugh at Crystal Palace thread or a Brighton thread and it’s becoming clear that this is the level the Mancs have fallen to. Surely we can find compassion in our hearts and offer them pity rather than derision allowing people like Keith some respite whilst he comes to terms with their plight?

Well either that or we just continue to take the P***!!!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #16467: Sep 29, 2018 02:26:16 pm
      Ladies and Gentlemen of the LfcReds forum. I think the time has come when we need to consider locking, either temporarily or permanently this thread.
      These individual threads should be reserved for those teams who we see as geographical rivals (the BS) or those who are currently footballing rivals (Citeh Chelski and err err well you get the point)
      We don’t have a laugh at Crystal Palace thread or a Brighton thread and it’s becoming clear that this is the level the Mancs have fallen to. Surely we can find compassion in our hearts and offer them pity rather than derision allowing people like Keith some respite whilst he comes to terms with their plight?

Well either that or we just continue to take the P***!!!!

Second option all Daly.

Quick Reply