Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Javier Mascherano (Barcelona)

Read 106330 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Javier Mascherano (Barcelona)
      Reply #46: Jun 09, 2009 01:34:04 pm
      I really don't think this is going to happen. We only just bought him.

Rafa seems to be a big fan of his, after all he is a magnificent player. He's a young, captain of Argentina. Who wouldn't want him?

It wouldn't be the end of the world if he went for big cash but I think I'd prefer to see him stay.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #47: Jun 09, 2009 01:48:10 pm
      Barcelona have an inferiority complex and they think all they have to do is snap their fingers and he's theirs

Having done the treble last season i think they're feeling far from inferior.

They realise just what a fantastic player Masch is and what a great addition to their team he would be but they can admire all they want, they're not getting him.

Just makes a change that it's not Real Madrid going after him.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #48: Jun 09, 2009 01:51:42 pm
      He wont be going anywhere ffs!

Its his agent's hope as he seeks some commission.
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Reply #49: Jun 09, 2009 08:34:05 pm
      I'd be absolutely gutted if either Xabi or Masch left this summer because for me thats where we bossed the big games this season i.e Real or United could'nt live with us in that area this season the energy of Masch and the guile of Alonso are the perfect pairing for CM and if we lost EITHER of those ingredients we would'nt be half the team we were
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #50: Jun 09, 2009 08:51:00 pm
      Look at it this way - All the talk about the financial trouble our club is in and the vultures start to circle. They think maybe they'll get cut price deals on our best players because we're hard up for cash. So you have Madrid sniffing around Alonso and Barca sniffing around Mascherano. Then, when Benitez (or whoever) said that 22 million was nowhere near what they would have to offer to make us think about selling him, the following day they come out and say 'oh no, sorry, we don't want him after all now as we're spending our money elsewhere'. It's all sh*te. But I can guarantee one thing - if Barca or Madrid were hard up for cash and it looked like they might have to sell some of their best players on the cheap then I'd sure as hell hope we'd be front of the queue to take our pick.

There's no point worrying about paper talk. The real talking will be done with a pen in the hand, and sooner rather than later.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #51: Jun 09, 2009 09:08:48 pm
      If he went, it would be a dissapointment, but it would mean alonso would not go, it was also give some games for plessis who i have been impressed by, and even darby/spearing who are english
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #52: Jun 09, 2009 09:53:48 pm
      I think that if either Xabi or Mascha are goin to be sold, we should put a 50 million pound minimum on there heads. Say that only at that price will we even start to consider. Thatll get the sniffing bas**rds real, barca etc. off our backs!
      And if someone actually paid that, then hell we got some cash. Saying that, i DO NOT want either player to go.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #53: Jun 10, 2009 07:01:56 am
      From the BBC this morning:-  ?

Midfielder Javier Mascherano has stunned Liverpool by admitting he wants to quit Anfield and join Champions League winners Barcelona, saying "if a club like Barcelona want you, obviously a player will say he wants to play there".
      (Various)

What do you all make of this??
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #54: Jun 10, 2009 07:07:49 am
      ^^^^

That it's piss poor journalism.

Masch hasn't said anying, their quote is what his agent said the other day. The only thing Masch has said publicly is that he wants to stay.
      redforever
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts | -1 
      • redsforever
      Reply #55: Jun 10, 2009 08:11:51 am
      that is a faithfull point from the player to the club and his admirer.
      so dose xabi congrageulation to us
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #56: Jun 10, 2009 09:42:24 am
      From the BBC this morning:-  ?

Midfielder Javier Mascherano has stunned Liverpool by admitting he wants to quit Anfield and join Champions League winners Barcelona, saying "if a club like Barcelona want you, obviously a player will say he wants to play there".
      (Various)

What do you all make of this??

I do NOT believe this!!!! Why have you failed to put the S*n's bullshit to the side? You've written (Various) to try and bring up discussion when on the BBC site it says its from the S*n.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/8092528.stm (3rd story down under 'Transfer Gossip'
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #57: Jun 10, 2009 11:00:20 am
      I do NOT believe this!!!! Why have you failed to put the S*n's bullshit to the side? You've written (Various) to try and bring up discussion when on the BBC site it says its from the S*n.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/8092528.stm (3rd story down under 'Transfer Gossip'

Calm down, Crouchy, I checked the Beeb website when Neil posted that this morning, and the source was indeed "Various".

They've changed it since I imagine.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #58: Jun 10, 2009 11:32:44 am
      Barcelona have an inferiority complex and they think all they have to do is snap their fingers and he's theirs, who the sh*te do they think they are, they have one good season and two or three world class players, they are not the invincible team they think they are, Chelsea showed them you can play all the pretty football you like but unless you have a cutting edge, forget it. Chelsea just happened to come up against the whole of Uefa and a bum ref, otherwise Barcelona would not have made the Euro finals....

Chelsea shouldn't blame the refs. They should blame Drogba for missing 2 - 3 great chances.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #59: Jun 10, 2009 11:35:45 am
      Chelsea shouldn't blame the refs. They should blame Drogba for missing 2 - 3 great chances.
      To shoot or to dive?
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #60: Jun 10, 2009 11:46:48 am
      Whatever. One goal from him would be enough to take them to the finals. But it suits me, the scums would have had better chance of winning it if they played against Chelsea. But Barca have been superb and deserved it, didn't they?  I don't think they will be signing Mascherano though, but then again, Madrid signed Kaka which is like someone signing Gerrard.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2858 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #61: Jun 10, 2009 11:54:08 am
      BREAKING NEWS
      SSN Reports the Rafa rules out selling Mascherano at ANY price.

F**k OFF BARCA F**k OFF s*n
      DMS
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #62: Jun 10, 2009 11:56:11 am
      rafa says this morning on ssn, mascherano is going nowhere, even if we were offered £40 million, great news ;D
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #63: Jun 10, 2009 12:05:16 pm
      rafa says this morning on ssn, mascherano is going nowhere, even if we were offered £40 million, great news ;D

Superb.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #64: Jun 10, 2009 12:08:28 pm
      The article in question. Happy, happy days! ;D

Rafa - Masch not for sale

Reds boss dismisses claims midfielder could join Barca

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has stated that Javier Mascherano is not for sale at any price.

The midfielder's agent, Walter Tamer, said on Tuesday that Mascherano would be open to joining Barcelona, should the European champions make an approach.

And Benitez has confirmed that Tamer has informed him of interest from two clubs in the Argentina international's services.

However, Spanish coach Benitez has no intention of letting Mascherano leave Anfield, and has warned any potential suitors off making a bid.

"Mascherano has no price," Benitez told the club's official website.

"Barcelona could not afford to match his value to Liverpool football club.

"We do not want to sell and Javier is very happy here.

Happy

"I have spoken to Javier two or three times this summer - the last time was only last week - and he was very happy, very positive.

"He gave me the private number of his agent, Walter Tamer, and again the conversation was very positive and was all about football.

"Walter told me that two clubs with big, big names were asking after Mascherano - and I told him to forget it, that Javier was happy in Liverpool and he was not for sale.

"So I was surprised to see the agent's comments today.

"He has a long contract and any club can forget about bidding for him. They can offer £40m or even £50m, we don't want to sell."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_5372107,00.html
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #65: Jun 10, 2009 12:14:02 pm
      Good stuff.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,489 posts | 8675 
      Reply #66: Jun 10, 2009 12:17:21 pm
      Yer F**k-off Barca, or we'll kidnap some of your other kids, like Pacheco!
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #67: Jun 10, 2009 12:18:17 pm
      I think Rafa probably plays poker and we will see a lot of this unfortunately over the next couple of months. If Barca offered £40mil I think he would bite their hands off. We need players to come in of similar quality you wont get many of them if we only have £20mil to spend so someone has to go. I dont want anyone to go not even Babel.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #68: Jun 10, 2009 12:42:11 pm

Listen you lot!
      I copied and pasted it from the BBC, I did not insert "various" full stop!
      If for some unexplainable reason I was quoting the sun, then I'd say "Sun"
      Again, when I copied it at 7:00 this morning it said "various"
      So get back up into your tree!!

Quick Reply