Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 7th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Javier Mascherano (Barcelona)

Read 106496 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Is This True?
      Reply #575: Nov 15, 2009 10:38:11 am
      I really don't like the fact that Liverpool is not THE club to some players nowadays.

Indeed.

Would be very sad to see him leave. God knows who we'd get in as a replacement.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #576: Nov 15, 2009 11:10:01 am
      I ain't believing this.
      Paul LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 260 posts | -1 
      Reply #577: Nov 15, 2009 11:19:41 am
      I don't belive this story it's just the press loving Liverpool's current situation and they are adding fuel to the fire by making up this pure lie masch is commited to Liverpool and the only reason why some of his performances weren't as good is because of the pressure of being captain of Argentina.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #578: Nov 15, 2009 11:33:25 am
      In the Express they report that Masch's advisers have agreed on fee of £30m with Barcelona and with the personal terms sorted it should go ahead???

As RLB points out there is a missing ingredient here - is the player a free agent? is he unattached? why according to this totally inaccurate report is there no mention of LFC? there's mischief afoot here and his parasitic agent is no doubt behind it.
      « Last Edit: Nov 15, 2009 11:42:30 am by stuey »
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #579: Nov 15, 2009 11:46:44 am
      I think we must stop sign South America players. Almost all them get 'home sick'. Then they want move to Real or Barca if they think they are good enough. I hate this. Need more Carra and Gerrard.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #580: Nov 15, 2009 11:48:37 am
      X Files?......The Truth Is Out There.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #581: Nov 15, 2009 12:35:55 pm
      This won't go away until he leaves for sure. Which I have already resigned myself to. He unfortunately has had his head turned I think and it won't be turned back

My thoughts exactly. This rumour has been around too long and bobs up it's ugly head every so often. Usually when this happens, it tends to be true.

If Masch really does want to go, then he can F**k off because you only want players that passionately love playing for this great club.

Even though he's done well for us, he is not irreplaceable and hopefully land a big fee for him to strengthen our squa.....bbling owners, Hansel and Gretel's gingerbread house!  :f_steam:
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #582: Nov 15, 2009 01:04:44 pm
      Not surprised at all by this kind of story. We need to really worry about our future if our star players start (or has started in the case of Xabi Alonso) to look for a new club. They want to win silverwares, they also want to have more salaries and enjoy their football by playing in a good team. They sure have respects for their current manager but they will be stupid if they don't want to join a team like Barçelona that win silverwares consistently at the moment.

Sadly, we have to accept this reality.
      scouseuk
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | -3 
      Reply #583: Nov 15, 2009 01:55:52 pm
      if he wants to go like he did earlier on
      the let him go 30 mill or 36 mill

and lets get some ppl who will were the red shirt with pride
       saying that get rid of all the ppl who dont like playing  at liverpool

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Mascherano - (Barcelona)
      Reply #584: Nov 15, 2009 01:59:16 pm
      Javier Mascherano is set to leave Liverpool after his advisers agreed on personal terms with Barcelona to line up a move in January or the summer, according to a report.

The Argentinian midfielder is desperate to complete a switch to Camp Nou and now knows he can expect to earn around €120,000-a-week should he join the European champions, the Sunday Express states.

Barcelona were linked with Mascherano at the end of last season, but Liverpool turned down their approaches after agreeing to let Xabi Alonso leave the club and join Real Madrid.

That interest made the player declare that he was keen to leave English football as his wife was unable to settle and that situation has not changed.

Coach Pep Guardiola is keen to add to his squad as he believes more strength-in-depth is needed and is hopeful that the Catalan club's board can tie up a deal for around €32 million.

The report also believes that Barcelona have enough money to buy Robinho and his desire to join them will also bear fruit as he will inform Manchester City that he wants to leave.

Rumours have surfaced regularly since the summer linking the Brazilian with the treble winners while the Blaugrana have publicly stated that he is a player that they are interested in.

Lucas Brown, talkaloadofbull.com

This is all over the internet this morning this, this absolutely depresses me, selling our best players maybe we are deluding ourselves a bit and we are no longer a big club. Its is irrelevant if we get £36 or £30 million because Rafa will probably see f'ck all of the money probably like the Alonso money it will go on interest repayments. Look some might kid themselves that Lucas will be good enough to replace him but the simple fact is while he has improved he will never be anywhere near as good as Masch and i will be seriously depressed if he goes.

king-nando
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 148 posts |
      Reply #585: Nov 15, 2009 01:59:45 pm
      i think this is definetly going to happen sooner or later. hopefully we'll get an inflated fee after the world cup when he leads argies to victory.
      i do love masch and think we miss him when he's injured but i think if we actually had the money raised from his sale to reinvest then rafa could pick two top quality plaers who'd offer more than just breaking up play and starting counter attacks, maybe somebody who could do this and also pass and shoot?
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #586: Nov 15, 2009 01:59:46 pm
      Report: Mascherano Agrees Barcelona Personal Terms

Javier Mascherano is set to leave Liverpool after his advisers agreed on personal terms with Barcelona to line up a move in January or the summer, according to a report.

The Argentinian midfielder is desperate to complete a switch to Camp Nou and now knows he can expect to earn around €120,000-a-week should he join the European champions, the Sunday Express states.

Barcelona were linked with Mascherano at the end of last season, but Liverpool turned down their approaches after agreeing to let Xabi Alonso leave the club and join Real Madrid.

That interest made the player declare that he was keen to leave English football as his wife was unable to settle and that situation has not changed.

Coach Pep Guardiola is keen to add to his squad as he believes more strength-in-depth is needed and is hopeful that the Catalan club's board can tie up a deal for around €32 million.

The report also believes that Barcelona have enough money to buy Robinho and his desire to join them will also bear fruit as he will inform Manchester City that he wants to leave.

Rumours have surfaced regularly since the summer linking the Brazilian with the treble winners while the Blaugrana have publicly stated that he is a player that they are interested in.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=goal_report_mascherano_agrees&prov=goal&type=lgns
      ________________________ ________________

If we get good money for him, he can be replaced.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #587: Nov 15, 2009 02:02:26 pm
      All said and done, if a club like Barca come in for you, big dollars, big crowds, whoever you play for in the Prem, they are a top side as well, so would you prefer to play in rain and sleet, wind and snow. Or would you prefer to play with the sun on your back most games. If I wasn't a passionate Reds supporter, I know where I'd prefer to be. Sad times, I think he will be going but in addition to that, with the likes of Masch and Xabi leaving, will that lessen the lure of our club to other big names ? I hope not.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #588: Nov 15, 2009 02:08:39 pm
      I would be gutted by this, along with Torres, Gerrard and Reina I think he is our most important player. To me £30 million is not enough for Masch he is completely irreplaceable and where would the money go like the Xabi money probably on interest repayments. This would be a sad day for the club if he went because it is hardly like the team is full of world class players.

To be honest while Lucas has improved if that is who Rafa is planning on replacing Masch with I think we will be waiting another 20 years to win a league.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #589: Nov 15, 2009 02:13:21 pm
      I would be gutted by this, along with Torres, Gerrard and Reina I think he is our most important player. To me £30 million is not enough for Masch he is completely irreplaceable and where would the money go like the Xabi money probably on interest repayments. This would be a sad day for the club if he went because it is hardly like the team is full of world class players.

To be honest while Lucas has improved if that is who Rafa is planning on replacing Masch with I think we will be waiting another 20 years to win a league.

::)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #590: Nov 15, 2009 02:17:26 pm
      What is wrong with that Crouchinho, it is simple if you sell your best players you wouldn't win the league. And if you think Lucas has anywhere near the level of ability of this lad to me it shows your either Lucas agent or your completely blinded by Lucas. Masch is the best holding midfielder on the planet Lucas while improved will never be at this level, for f'ck sake stop being so biased.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #591: Nov 15, 2009 02:17:36 pm
      They can have him, let him go.

So long they give us Xavi or Iniesta, plus £5 million.  Let's play them at their own game!
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Re: Masch linked with Barca again...
      Reply #592: Nov 15, 2009 02:31:58 pm
      They can have him, let him go.

So long they give us Xavi or Iniesta, plus £5 million.  Let's play them at their own game!

Court for manager!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #593: Nov 15, 2009 02:33:33 pm

Thank you for your backing Darth.

I can turn Liverpool around on Football Manager, I don't see the F***ing difference TBH!  ;)
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Re: Mascherano - (Barcelona)
      Reply #594: Nov 15, 2009 02:36:11 pm
      f*ck not again
      neilo
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #595: Nov 15, 2009 02:47:27 pm
      I'd take 20mill and Toure,he's gonna be the one sacrificed for Masch so i'd defo take him ideal replacement and we could get him and cash so a win win.
      tear
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #596: Nov 15, 2009 02:53:49 pm
      what if the owners use that money to reduce debt
      the only reason they are not investing is to avoid increase in debt and attract new owners so they not investing is a blessing in disguise
      but god cannot be that cruel to us and we wont be the next leeds united :f_steam:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Javier Mascherano (Barcelona)
      Reply #597: Nov 15, 2009 04:30:22 pm
      Report: Mascherano Agrees Barcelona Personal Terms

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=goal_report_mascherano_agrees&prov=goal&type=lgns
      ________________________ ________________

If we get good money for him, he can be replaced.

That's nice, his advisers can do all the arranging they damn well like because last I heard it was Rafa who had the final say and is the one who will decide whether any move goes through, not a money hungry agent.

Also it's from talkaloadofbull.com so more than likely horse sh*t anyway.

Quick Reply