Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Johnny Depp

Read 2765 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,333 posts | 8607 
      Johnny Depp
      Oct 09, 2010 12:28:27 am
      Johnny Depp visits Greenwich primary school as Captain Jack

JOHNNY Depp paid a surprise visit to a London primary school on Wednesday (October 6, 2010) following a request from one of its pupils.

The Hollywood star, who is currently filming the fourth Pirates of the Caribbean movie in Greenwich, London, popped along to Meridian Primary School dressed as his character, Captain Jack Sparrow.

The star had been moved to do so after receiving a letter from young pupil Beatrice De Lap, aged nine, who had written to him requesting his presence after hearing he was in the vicinity of the school.

The letter, which has been published in several national newspapers with photos of Depp during his visit, read: “Captain Jack Sparrow, At Meridian Primary School, we are a bunch of budding young pirates and we were having a bit of trouble mutiny-ing against the teachers, and we’d love if you could come and help. Beatrice Delap, aged nine, a budding pirate.”

Upon reading the letter, Depp donned costume and uprooted to the school, making himself known at a special assembly and demanding to know who had written it.

He then hugged Beatrice and said that he would treasure the letter forever, before spending the next 15 minutes chatting to and dancing with other pupils.

Ironically, teachers had only been informed of Depp’s intention to visit just 10 minutes before he turned up – keen to prevent any such mutiny for fear of courting the attention of the police, who were nearby!

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides marks the fourth outing for Captain Jack Sparrow and the first without original franchise director Gore Verbinski or co-stars Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom.

But Penelope Cruz has joined the cast as an old flame who heads off on a journey to find the fountain of youth.

Filming has already taken place on location in Hawaii and Puerto Rico, with a release date pencilled in for next summer.

Depp is no stranger to paying surprise visits to children in London. In 2008, he made a secret visit to Great Ormond Street Hospital to donate £1 million as a thank you for saving his daughter’s life. During that visit, he dropped into the wards to tell bed-time stories to sick children dressed as Captain Jack.

http://www.indielondon.co.uk/Film-Review/johnny-depp-visits-greenwich-primary-school-as-captain-jack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHiB0z2ulf8&feature=player_embedded

Boss bloke in my eyes!!

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Johnny Depp
      Reply #1: Oct 09, 2010 12:36:44 am
      Is right! Boss actor, and always seems like the kind of bloke you'd love to have a chat with. Stuff like that is just brilliant.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #2: Oct 09, 2010 10:45:28 am
      Never been a fan of his work myself. Every character is played with a ridiculous amount of CAMP. And more importantly, he's got a bird well out his league, and possibly even mine!!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,025 posts | 3959 
      Reply #3: Oct 09, 2010 11:00:59 am
      Got plenty of time for the lad, donating a million to a kids charity will do for me.
      Beside which of course he's gotta be one of the most entertaining characters on and off the stage, those fantasy pirate movies are top drawer and I usually avoid that fantasy stuff at all costs.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,333 posts | 8607 
      Reply #4: Oct 09, 2010 04:39:19 pm
      Got plenty of time for the lad, donating a million to a kids charity will do for me.

Also donated a million to the hospital in London that saved his kid as well as getting Universal to make a significant donation as well.

A proper F***ing star and a class actor as well, he's F***ing boss in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #5: Oct 09, 2010 04:41:00 pm
      Also donated a million to the hospital in London that saved his kid as well as getting Universal to make a significant donation as well.

A proper F***ing star and a class actor as well, he's F***ing boss in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Still need to watch that.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,333 posts | 8607 
      Reply #6: Oct 09, 2010 04:42:36 pm

Proper fu**ed up film though, read the book yet, some of Hunter S. Thompson's stuff is proper mental.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #7: Oct 09, 2010 06:24:18 pm
      Thought it was hilarious myself. ;D
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #8: Oct 09, 2010 08:45:15 pm
      He has always been one of my favorite actors. He seems so down to earth. A great guy who appreciates everything he has.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #9: Oct 10, 2010 01:33:28 am
      That's well sound of him to do that for the kids. Just gone up a notch in my book.

Oh, and Ross, make watching Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas a priority. You will not be disappointed
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #10: Oct 10, 2010 01:50:02 am
      Never been a fan of his work myself. Every character is played with a ridiculous amount of CAMP. And more importantly, he's got a bird well out his league, and possibly even mine!!!

:lmao:

What the hell kinda comment is that? I mean i know this is about opinion, but the fact many many hot women around the world love the guy, makes that comment seem a little sh*t. Do you really think shes more out of his league than yours?!

Also, thinking he aint a good actor is kinda funny too. I mean, the guy is one of the most versatile actors there is. Going from Edward Scissorhands, to Fear and Loathing, to Pirates, to Willy Wonka - the man has an unbelievable range.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #11: Oct 13, 2010 12:01:26 am
      One of the best actors of all time, IMO.

Jack Sparrow, Ichabod Crane, Willy Wonka, Sweeney Todd, Mad HAtter and John Dillinger.

Different roles, each of them and only a truly good actor can pull those off.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #12: Oct 13, 2010 02:19:44 am
      Top top man.

One of my favourite actors of all time.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #13: Oct 13, 2010 11:46:20 am
      Now I know what JD stands for. Nice one Boss.  ;)

Quick Reply