Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Direct action against the owners now. Take Part!

Read 28100 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Direct action against the owners, now!! Take part.
      Reply #23: Jun 05, 2009 08:42:02 pm
      Why isn't there a peaceful protest arranged for the offices of Holiday, it could be arranged a couple of weeks prior to the refinacing dead line, he couldn't filter or ignore that, especially as I sure with the importance of this deal there would be a massive turnout. Media outlets could be notified, I'm sure it would get maximum publicity in the media.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #24: Jun 05, 2009 09:02:29 pm
      Email and letter sent to Holliday.As I'm a member of RBS Iv'e also sent a letter to my local branch informing them that if the loan is refinanced, I shall terminate my account with immediate effect. I shall send the same letter once a week until refinancing time.I think that now is the correct time for even more direct action to be taken, Hopefully SOS will take the lead in this.
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #25: Jun 05, 2009 09:11:00 pm
      Dont bank with the RBS but a letter will be winging it's way to Mr Holliday this weekend, need to get rid of these bell ends once and for all
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #26: Jun 05, 2009 09:15:18 pm
      Ive just sent an e mail and my letters will be in the post first thing. Come on EVERYBODY we need to do all we can to make people stand up and take notice, dont think 'oh loads of people will already be doing it', write one yourself. Id still love to see another massive demonstration that attracts media attention though. Lets get these yanks out.
      vydex
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | -5 
      Reply #27: Jun 05, 2009 09:18:09 pm
      pffft for all the good it will do. Well I look forward to renewing my season ticket once we are in the championship oh and if anyone needs a season ticket when we are in league 1 lemme know I might be able to help.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #28: Jun 06, 2009 02:30:08 am
      Good shout JD I think out of all the letters sent the only ones that will get a glancing over is the ones that mention the word "shareholder".
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #29: Jun 06, 2009 03:49:29 am
      Don't get this whole thing about how to help, as I'm not from England.

Can anyone give me the slightest clue of what can I do to get the yanks out of the club?

Thanks!!
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #30: Jun 06, 2009 04:51:43 am
      Message sent
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #31: Jun 06, 2009 07:29:53 am
      Done from Downunder.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 60 
      Reply #32: Jun 06, 2009 08:06:30 am
      If the banks don't refinance,they will have to sell the club,to pay the debt right? what if we can't find a buyer,or knowing the clubs financial peril someone will put in a ridiculous offer,similar to what happened at Leeds
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #33: Jun 06, 2009 08:23:41 am
      Sent an email and a letter, content was the same, but there's twice as much chance he'll read one.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #34: Jun 06, 2009 08:58:59 am
       Sent an email with the following comments to richard holliday at R.B.S.
           As a Liverpool Football Club supporter for over 60 years I beg you not to extend the loan from RBS to Hicks and Gillett.I have never known 2 men cause so much turmoil to the club as these 2 men have,and the club has never been in such dire financial difficulties as it is today.All blame must lie on the shoulders of Mr Hicks and Gillett for the clubs financial problems.
                                    Hope that helps the cause in a little way,uinfortunately I cannot write to the M.P.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,359 posts | 1636 
      Reply #35: Jun 06, 2009 09:09:11 am
      Done my letter and my email ,i just have this feeling that there is someone waiting in the mist waiting to pick off these two vultures ,but are making them sweat a while for being so greedy.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #36: Jun 06, 2009 09:17:18 am
      Had an automated message sent back from my MP saying they had received it, let's hope they take some action.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #37: Jun 06, 2009 09:18:37 am
      Don't get this whole thing about how to help, as I'm not from England.

Can anyone give me the slightest clue of what can I do to get the yanks out of the club?

Thanks!!

You don't need to be from England mate, just do what AussieRed has done.  Email your letter to the RBS as suggested in the first post.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #38: Jun 06, 2009 09:51:51 am
      You don't need to be from England mate, just do what AussieRed has done.  Email your letter to the RBS as suggested in the first post.

Then do I need to email my MP as well ??? ???
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #39: Jun 06, 2009 09:56:09 am

UK MP's could use their influence to try and effect RBS's decision on the loan refinancing, if you're outside the UK it would be pointless.

You just need to send an e-mail to RBS stating your feelings on how Hicks and Gillett are screwing up our club, and that you don't want them to give our owners longer to repay their loans.

If they get enough e-mails, hopefully they'll take notice.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #40: Jun 06, 2009 09:56:13 am

No mate, just email RBS, the more letters of complaint they get the better  ;)
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #41: Jun 06, 2009 10:20:16 am
      Got it mates, thanks for it. Will start now and post my email here later.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #42: Jun 06, 2009 10:57:07 am
      Email sent. Here goes and credit to DLS, I used his to give me more or less an idea of what to write, as I didn't have a clue of whats going on in the template.

Dear Mr. Holliday,
      I’m writing to you for direct action against the owners of Liverpool Football Club, in a plea that the Royal Bank of Scotland DO NOT decide to refinance the owners of Liverpool Football Club. These owners have changed the whole financial complexion of the club, and I read the figures with an alarming sense of urgency about me. It is difficult to comprehend this happening to Liverpool Football Club a couple of years back, but now this is reality and waking up everyday looking at the papers about the debts of the club make our club look like a laughing stock. Like every passionate Liverpool fan out there, I do not want to see our club going down further in terms of economic competitiveness, and am desperate to ensure that the Royal Bank of Scotland DO NOT refinance the owners of Liverpool FC, namely Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

The owners of Liverpool FC are bringing our club further down, and is this what us Liverpool fans deserve? Definitely not, and as we edge towards the 24th July deadline, please, make the right decision of not refinancing the owners, and only you and the Royal Bank of Scotland are in the position to make that happen.

I know that there are supporter groups, such as the Spirit Of Shankly (SOS) who would be sending messages like these related to Liverpool Football Club to you. We do hope that you do make the right decision, which is to NOT refinance the owners of the club. This is an emergency in which all Liverpool fans come together from all over the world to save our beloved club.

I am not a member of the SOS group but am addressing this issue urgently, and am also aware that any mails and letters sent to you will be filtered out pretty quickly. However, our main intention is to raise your awareness on this issue, with hope that the right decision will be taken.
      Please note that I expect to receive a substantive reply rather than a bland refusal to discuss the issue with me. Make the right decision, which is to NOT refinance the owners of Liverpool Football Club.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Yours Sincerely,
      Charles Ong
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #43: Jun 06, 2009 10:58:36 am
      Well in redsonfire, good effort.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 2836 
      Reply #44: Jun 06, 2009 11:07:25 am
      Sent one by post yesterday.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #45: Jun 06, 2009 11:46:48 am
      You can become a shareholder in RBS quite easily.

Their shares are currently priced at 36p each.  Gives you entry in to annual general meetings etc.

Interesting idea don't you all think?

Quick Reply