Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus)

Read 14228 times
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus)
      Jun 06, 2009 05:13:38 am
      Liverpool setting up superstar swap deal?

05:10 PM 05 June, 2009
       Italian sources suggest that Andrea Dossena's desire to leave Liverpool for Juventus will result in the Reds attempting to bring the best of Italian talent in the opposite direction.

Rafa Benitez is desperate to find a striker to play "in the hole" behind Fernando Torres and, despite his age, Alessandro Del Piero fits the bill.

The 34-year-old Italy international has been tremendously loyal to Juve, but the chance to play in the Premier League for Liverpool may be too tempting to turn down.

Liverpool will have to fork out a huge amount in wages for Del Piero, but the sale of Dossena to Juve will make him more affordable.

According to Italian sources, the details of the deal being negotiated is as follows: Dossena is valued by Liverpool at £8m, but Juve are only prepared to pay £6m if Del Piero moves in the opposite direction.

The sticking point is the terms of the deal being offered to Del Piero by Liverpool but, with £6m about to be in their coffers soon, the Reds feel they can offer the maestro a £60k per week two-year contract.

http://www.fansfc.com/story/12136.html

Don't know alot about this site, Its just speculation. Would Del Piero be able to adept to Premier League? Although 6mil and him for Dossena is bound to be a good deal, if Dossena is valued at 8mil then this means we're getting a legend for 2mil. Admittedly he's 34 but Gary Mac was outstanding for us when we signed him wasn't he.
      Even if he only played a few games he would be worth the experience in my opinion. This is why I'm not against signing older, experienced, quality players such as him, Jari Litamen, Gary Mac, because they can teach our players so much as well as add some influence in some matches.
      « Last Edit: Jun 06, 2009 07:38:01 am by ayrton77, Reason: Link to article added »
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Re: Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus Swap Deal?)
      Reply #1: Jun 06, 2009 05:20:55 am
      DEL PIERO!!!I cant believe it.I would love to see the best Italian player of last decade play for us.If Torres doesnt have the same injury problems this year,we anyways won't need the backup striker to play too much.Since we won't have too much to spend anyways this summer, he is the best back-up we can get for Torres.Imagine Del Piero scoring those fantabulous free-kicks at the Kop end.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus)
      Reply #2: Jun 06, 2009 11:50:21 am
      I would definately welcome Del Piero.
      gerrardisgod
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #3: Jun 06, 2009 12:31:30 pm
      Would be great to see del piero in the red of liverpool,can just imagine him scoring a screamer into the kop against the mancs :D
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #4: Jun 06, 2009 12:38:09 pm
      I'd prefer the money maybe a couple of years ago It would have being a good move for us but not any more.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #5: Jun 06, 2009 12:39:25 pm
      Yeah, 34 years old is definately getting on a bit but he's still got it in him. You never know, he might just be the little spark we need to lift the Premier League title.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #6: Jun 06, 2009 12:56:40 pm
      My face is actually like this right now

arkles lad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,986 posts |
      Reply #7: Jun 06, 2009 12:58:03 pm
      I take it you happy with this then Mags?
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #8: Jun 06, 2009 12:59:28 pm
      I take it you happy with this then Mags?

He has been my favorite player in Italy since I started watching football :)
      arkles lad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,986 posts |
      Reply #9: Jun 06, 2009 01:00:47 pm
      I also have enjoyed watching him over the years,but can't see him leaving his beloved Juve.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,454 posts | 2848 
      Reply #10: Jun 06, 2009 01:01:39 pm
      Top quality player.

He is 34 but I think he's got 2-3 years left in him and it's not like he is going to start week in week out so the age isn't a huge factor for me.

He has lots of experience so he can teach the youngsters and pass on his knowledge.

And like Ross said he could be that spark. Bringing him on when looking for a late goal, you know if the ball falls to him it probably will fly in to the back of the net.

I would definitely welcome Del Piero to Anfield.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #11: Jun 06, 2009 01:02:00 pm
      I also have enjoyed watching him over the years,but can't see him leaving his beloved Juve.

That's the problem, I would assume he will want to retire there, maybe he wants to play in England at some stage though...
      arkles lad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,986 posts |
      Reply #12: Jun 06, 2009 01:03:32 pm
      I could live with that,lets just hope so.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #13: Jun 06, 2009 01:06:08 pm
      He's just such a quality player, Rafa may move Stevie to the wing now though.... Unless he really is planning to sell Xabi or Mash :S
      arkles lad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,986 posts |
      Reply #14: Jun 06, 2009 01:07:45 pm
      Lets F***ing hope not,don't want to see either go.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #15: Jun 06, 2009 01:12:58 pm
      Just thinking...

Would you prefer Del Piero and 6 million or say, Laquinta and paying them an extra few million?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #16: Jun 06, 2009 01:15:04 pm
      Before we get too carried away, here's a couple of choice comments about the "fansfc" website:

Marcus Veller wrote 12:41 PM 06 Jun, 2009
      How do u come up with this crap? Seriously... Do u think that people will follow your site by lying to them?

Matt wrote 12:36 PM 06 Jun, 2009
      Anyone who takes anything written on FansFC.com seriously needs to take a good hard look at themselves.

kent wrote 12:27 PM 06 Jun, 2009
      why do people write utter sh*t ! that is just F***ing stupid ! we are looking for a winger who can play in different roles left right or behind torres if need be ! but there is only one man who can play just behind torres and thats gerrard. why need a david silva! not F***ing del piero who makes this bollocks up

Could be an interesting signing, but I think the story is a pile of sh*te.
      winstonoyy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #17: Jun 06, 2009 01:19:25 pm
      i like the thought of having experienced legends to come off our benches for 10 to 15 minutes, that would make a difference between a 2-0 scoreline and a 5-0 thrashing. In a way, I'm a little jealous that mancs have Scholes on their benches. On hindsight, I'm happy that he isnt much of an impact this season. Hope Del Piero can be our McAllister!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #18: Jun 06, 2009 01:21:12 pm
      Must say, this is hilarious. If he signs, i will post a picture of me running nude down the street.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #19: Jun 06, 2009 01:41:59 pm
      You're having a joke, a 34 year old who plays in the Italian league?

I'll be surprised if he knew how to speak English.

No thanks, the first Italian we have had here was crap. Not going for another, past his prime and lost his pace.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #20: Jun 06, 2009 01:54:39 pm
      Gary Mac mark 2.

IF it happens
      winstonoyy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #21: Jun 06, 2009 01:58:22 pm
      You're having a joke, a 34 year old who plays in the Italian league?

I'll be surprised if he knew how to speak English.

No thanks, the first Italian we have had here was crap. Not going for another, past his prime and lost his pace.

He doesnt need to speak english, he only needs to score goals.

If the first Brazilian was crap, would you deny samba football?

Ya, loved Gary's work on free kicks and penalties when he was here. And I bet Murphy picked up some skills from him, his kicks after Gary left were fantastic as well. Del Piero might be a guide to N'gog and El Zhar, or even Babel (though I think we should sell Babel).
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #22: Jun 06, 2009 02:00:28 pm
      Anyone would love this Italian legend to play for their club. Del Piero is easily the only Italian footballer player I like but I don't think he'll  be coming.

It's unfair to take him out of his beloved Juventus. Imagine someone taking Steven Gerrard from us.
      winstonoyy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #23: Jun 06, 2009 05:10:33 pm
      If we're not playing Gerrard anymore at 34 and someone comes along to say, you can extend your career for a couple of years with us before being a coach, would you stop Stevie?

If it can happen to our beloved Hyypia, it can happen to anyone.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #24: Jun 06, 2009 05:40:01 pm
      He is a shadow of his former self lost all his pace he wouldnt last 5 mins in a premier league game we dont need him.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,709 posts | 895 
      Reply #25: Jun 06, 2009 05:48:54 pm
      i dont know if he can make it in england or not, but what i do know is that i have alot of respect for this guy.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #26: Jun 06, 2009 06:07:35 pm
      If we're not playing Gerrard anymore at 34 and someone comes along to say, you can extend your career for a couple of years with us before being a coach, would you stop Stevie?

So you're saying Stevie will past his prime at 34? :P

I was just saying we wouldn't like it if a club comes in for Steven Gerrard.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #27: Jun 06, 2009 06:23:28 pm

I'm certain that Gerrard doesn't want to play for any club besides us, because here is his country, his home, and hes a scouser, born and bred. I mean I don't see the point of going to other clubs just for a couple of years for retirement football. Besides, he may not be promised first team football there.

Hyypia and Gerrard are two different cases, because Gerrard is born from Liverpool while Hyypia isn't. I'm certain Gerrard has a stronger bond towards Liverpool as compared to Hyypia. Yes, it can happen to anyone, but when you look at other clubs, scum for that instance, they've got Neville, Scholes and Giggs heading to retirement but still playing their football.

I'm certain that Gerrard would very much rather be on the bench when he is nearing his retirement, rather than go to some other club for first team football. Even if he chooses to retire early, he might have more time to work on his coaching badges so anyhow its a plus.

Still reckon he has at least 5-6 of good football in him anyway.
      winstonoyy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #28: Jun 06, 2009 08:56:23 pm
      Well that's true, but I still hope there can be some experienced legends at the club to guide the youngsters on. Even if Del Piero lost his pace, he still has the poacher's instinct in him. He can give some tips to our bench, helping them become more astute strikers. While I understand few can be like Torres, I'm hoping to see a couple who is like Solskjaer at the club, a supersub who can come on the game to turn the tide. Not that I want to admit, but the scum was damn lucky to have him at the club, contented as a supersub for the past decade. Not many strikers can do that, all of them hope to be the next Torres/Henry etc.
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #29: Jun 07, 2009 09:27:51 am
      Bit of a sentimental idea to be honest who wouldn't want to see del piereo pull on a liverpool shirt? is he going to offer us much though? and is he spritely enough to come in when nando is injured? which lets be honest seems to be pretty frequently
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #30: Jun 07, 2009 10:56:40 am
      If he'd come I would not complain, look what Henrick Larsen did for the Scum. He may not be quick but I guess the skill and passing would be top notch.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #31: Jun 08, 2009 12:24:41 am

im reading gerrards book atm (great, great read) and i couldnt see him goin newhere ever.. he talks of home sickness alot in the book, and how he struggles being away from family for extended periods. he has ties with liverpool that extend well beyond the club.
      a bit off topic, but oh well :)
      on del piero, i still think we should be looking for someone who can put a few good years into the club. as good as del piero has been, and a great player he has been, i just cant see him adding much at all, apart from maybe a bit of a supersub type roll.. and if nando gets injured, we need more than that
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #32: Jun 08, 2009 12:59:08 am
      Quality player.... he still has few years left in him...
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #33: Jun 08, 2009 01:07:30 am
      We need him not. Del Piero to boost our title credentials? I would say, no thanks.

He's a class player, but he's lacking in pace to a fast moving Liverpool. Obviously time is against him, and he would need games to keep in form. Where will he get those games?

He best suits the Italian league at the moment, slow and lack of impact. We can use Dossena for other critical moves, that perhaps will prove more worthy.
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #34: Jun 08, 2009 03:47:22 am
      34 year player first time playing outside italy. really? he's a great player but I think at this age it will be hard in the EPL
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #35: Jun 08, 2009 05:22:34 pm
      What a deal that would be, I'd just like him to sign for the fun of it. Del Piero is one of the greatest players of this decade. I'd take great pleasure in seeing him at Liverpool.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #36: Jun 08, 2009 06:59:52 pm
      Would be good to see him in a Liverpool shirt as he is still a quality player and could well provide great back up but to be honest i can't see it happening.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #37: Jun 09, 2009 09:10:56 pm
      He'd definately be adequate backup, and would be able to teach the likes of N'gog, Nemeth, Pacheco etc a thing or two.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #38: Jun 28, 2009 07:54:51 pm
      I think he'd be more of a Shevchenko come here with a big reputation and similarly big wages and leave with his reputation in tatters having little or no effect on the team.

Still a legend tho and if it had been 5/6 years ago the answer would have been Yes but for me now its a definite NO NO !!!!!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #39: Jun 29, 2009 12:46:32 am
      LFC Twitter
      Del Piero next to me in Renshaw St, Liverpool. Is he coming to Anfield?

http://yfrog.com/3on97j

Very reliable source TBH.  I wouldn't mind Del Piero as a super sub!  ;)
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #40: Jun 29, 2009 12:50:04 am
      That makes things interesting.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #41: Jun 29, 2009 12:58:33 am
      I'd say it does.  I think we've finally found a player to wear the elusive number 10 shirt!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #42: Jun 29, 2009 01:03:00 am
      I'd say it does.  I think we've finally found a player to wear the elusive number 10 shirt!

I've heard he's always on the ale though. Reckon he'd be a bit risky?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #43: Jun 29, 2009 01:03:48 am
      We can't afford to have another Pennant on our hands.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #44: Jun 29, 2009 01:07:44 am
      I don't want anybody at Anfield who drinks girls drinks.

Got decent sideys though.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #45: Jun 29, 2009 01:10:51 am
      I don't want anybody at Anfield who drinks girls drinks.

Got decent sideys though.

Beat me to it.

At least he's drinking the right colour?  ;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #46: Jun 29, 2009 01:12:11 am
      Mmm as long as he doesnt come expecting to be the main man here. He's a squad man if he is at Liverpool, not a regular.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #47: Jun 29, 2009 01:17:22 am
      Mmm as long as he doesnt come expecting to be the main man here. He's a squad man if he is at Liverpool, not a regular.

Exactly mate. We can't be having him being too big for his boots.

And he needs to cut that Krazy House lark out. I heard that's where he ended up when he was in Liverpool but he kept a low cover.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #48: Jun 29, 2009 01:24:43 am

And he needs to cut that Krazy House lark out. I heard that's where he ended up when he was in Liverpool but he kept a low cover.

Being an Australian i dont know what that means exactly, but ill take your word for it ;)
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #49: Jun 29, 2009 01:34:30 am

Heard he got VIP in there as well the jammy b***ard!  The only thing VIP in the Krazy House is those stages in the middle of the dancefloors where about 50 people dance on, falling off the edge!

But still.  ;)
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #50: Jun 29, 2009 01:49:07 am
      Is that pic even Del Piero?
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #51: Jun 29, 2009 02:20:43 am
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #52: Jun 29, 2009 12:31:46 pm
      =D there is still hope then?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #53: Jun 29, 2009 12:37:25 pm
       ??? The guy in that picture isn't Del Piero.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #54: Jun 29, 2009 12:52:06 pm
      ??? The guy in that picture isn't Del Piero.

If not he's a good lookey likey

http://img132.yfrog.com/i/n97.jpg/
      « Last Edit: Jun 29, 2009 01:30:42 pm by redkenny, Reason: removed the extremely long url »
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #55: Jun 29, 2009 01:26:55 pm
      Hmm, hard to tell isn't it.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #56: Jun 29, 2009 01:31:22 pm
      Definitely him. It was in the Echo.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #57: Jun 29, 2009 01:37:21 pm
      Definitely him. It was in the Echo.

If you look at the eyes in both pictures i think it gives you a definitive answer
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #58: Jun 29, 2009 03:04:44 pm
      If you look at the eyes in both pictures i think it gives you a definitive answer

Look in to the eyes - not around the eyes - but in to the eyes.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #59: Jun 29, 2009 03:36:11 pm
      Look in to the eyes - not around the eyes - but in to the eyes.

Ha Ha i'm hypnotized ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #60: Jun 29, 2009 03:45:49 pm
      LFC Twitter
      Del Piero next to me in Renshaw St, Liverpool. Is he coming to Anfield?

http://yfrog.com/3on97j

Very reliable source TBH.  I wouldn't mind Del Piero as a super sub!  ;)

Could be signing for Everton?
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #61: Jun 29, 2009 07:59:41 pm
      would rather have him than voronin or owen
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #62: Jun 29, 2009 08:25:08 pm
      would rather have him than voronin or owen

I'd rather give Babel a go in a central role, younger more pace etc
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,454 posts | 2848 
      Reply #63: Jun 29, 2009 08:52:53 pm
      As well as being a good back up, he could pass on his experience to younger players and even to Torres and Gerrard.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #64: Jun 29, 2009 08:57:02 pm
      As well as being a good back up, he could pass on his experience to younger players and even to Torres and Gerrard.

Personally I think he would just be coming for the money, at his age etc he can't really have too many more ambitions to fullfill
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,454 posts | 2848 
      Reply #65: Jun 29, 2009 09:05:19 pm
      Personally I think he would just be coming for the money, at his age etc he can't really have too many more ambitions to fullfill

He's got enough money I think.

In terms of ambition, he has spent his whole career in Italy watching the Premier League become the best league in the world. Maybe he views this as a chance to play in the Premier League for a couple of seasons and to show what a great player he is to everyone, on the biggest stage.

And he's only got one Champions League winners' medal. ;)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #66: Jun 29, 2009 09:09:42 pm

In terms of ambition, he has spent his whole career in Italy watching the Premier League become the best league in the world. Maybe he views this as a chance to play in the Premier League for a couple of seasons and to show what a great player he is to everyone, on the biggest stage.

He may well be worth the gamble as a back up striker like you say he has the experience he can pass onto the younger lads in the squad and i suppose if it is not working  we can allways give Babel a run of games in his place
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #67: Jun 29, 2009 11:35:11 pm
      Well from a close friend of a friend, that knows someone who works at the club.  Rumour is among the staff that Del Piero's been on the blower to Rafa.

;)
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #68: Jun 30, 2009 12:00:58 am
      Well from a close friend of a friend, that knows someone who works at the club.  Rumour is among the staff that Del Piero's been on the blower to Rafa.

;)

I heard that one as well, but it was from your friends, friends brother :)
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #69: Jun 30, 2009 12:04:50 am
      I heard that one as well, but it was from your friends, friends brother :)

Don't mock me!  I have serious intel!  ;)
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #70: Jun 30, 2009 12:12:29 am

Sorry but I think he's old by Serie A standards! That renders him useless as a player in the Premier League. I wouldn't mind brining him in a player-coaching role though.
      stefanklukowski
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #71: Jun 30, 2009 12:45:43 am
      quality player unsure how true this mite be though!
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #72: Jun 30, 2009 10:27:47 am
      if the deals right and in our interest, theres no harm in having an older top pro at the club. I remember people questioning Houllier when he signed Gary mac, and we know the rest! And of course thats if there is any truth in it.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #73: Jul 04, 2009 08:12:40 pm
      Considering that picture was supposed to be of Del Piero in Liverpool, I was kind of expecting more news on this.

If he's not making a move here then I wonder why he was in Liverpool.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #74: Jul 04, 2009 08:17:38 pm
      I still hope.  He's closer than you think.
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #75: Jul 04, 2009 09:40:54 pm
      Don't want him.He is too old.
      hold 51
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      Reply #76: Jul 04, 2009 09:55:06 pm
      seeing as noone rates dossa getting a Legend as part of the deal can only be a bonus, lets see now, quality player can unlock defences last twenty against stoke anybody?  :f_whistle:
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #77: Jul 04, 2009 09:58:04 pm

He's younger than you think.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #78: Jul 05, 2009 12:03:07 am
      After watching Manure sign up Owen, i think if we picked up Del Piero Fergie would be seething ;D
      As old legends go, even if Piero has a few years on Owen i can see him being much more of a threat than Mr Operating table please Owen.
      As the first warm up game gets closer and seeing no signings the thought of Piero is warming on me, wouldnt mind him as long as he accepts he will be a squad player, not a regular.
      Bowlesy88
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 200 posts |
      Reply #79: Jul 05, 2009 12:41:09 am
      id love del piero to come to Liverpool, doubt it would happen, this website this article is from isn't actually that reliable, i mean its not a big paper, or the good ol' beeb.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #80: Jul 05, 2009 04:44:23 am
      I think if he came he'd accept being a squad player because he seems like a genuine type of guy
      bobbyAguero10
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      • Michael who ?
      Reply #81: Jul 05, 2009 12:03:29 pm
      What about Batistuta ?

Obviously one of those stories made up by forummers in hope of somebody @ the papers seeing it . Just like the heraideson one on RAWK .
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #82: Jul 05, 2009 12:06:47 pm
      There is still hope he can join

Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #83: Jul 05, 2009 10:40:49 pm
      What about Batistuta ?

Obviously one of those stories made up by forummers in hope of somebody @ the papers seeing it . Just like the heraideson one on RAWK .

No because Batistuta is a ridiculous suggestion and Del Piero is actually feasable.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #84: Jul 05, 2009 10:46:17 pm
      No because Batistuta is a ridiculous suggestion and Del Piero is actually feasable.

Erm, hasn't Batistuta retired now?

And I don't want an over-the-hill Itie either.
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #85: Jul 17, 2009 12:44:56 am
      I read today that Juventus giving him an extension.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #86: Jul 17, 2009 12:52:13 am
      Hasn't been spotted on a night out in Liverpool for a while...
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #87: Jul 17, 2009 01:25:10 am
      This would be one of the most surprising signings from the past 4 or 5 years. Would certainly welcome him at the club, somebody that wouldn't cry everytime they are left on the bench, wouldn't complain about wages and would definitely help us win the league. Work your magic Rafa :D
      sonicgeeza
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      • Our History Is Untouchable
      Reply #88: Jul 17, 2009 03:14:29 pm
      Del Piero extends Juve contract to 2011
      Juventus's 34-year-old captain Alessandro Del Piero has extended his contract with the Serie A club by a year until 2011.

"I can only confirm my happiness and pride at this agreement," the striker told a news conference on Friday.

"I'm happy to be here for two more years to write more important pages in the history of team, which I believe is the most important in Italy and one of the most important in Europe."

Del Piero has become Juve's all-time top scorer since joining them in 1993, helping them win five Serie A titles and the Champions League once and scoring more than 260 goals in all competitions.

The forward, who holds the club's appearances record with 603, is also adored by Juve fans for staying in Turin and helping them climb back after their relegation for match fixing in 2006.

Del Piero, who has scored 27 goals for Italy in 91 appearances, added that he hoped to win back his place in the national squad in time for next year's World Cup after being overlooked by coach Marcello Lippi last season.

Source: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=661425&sec=europe&cc=5901

Oh well, another one off the table.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #89: Jul 17, 2009 03:15:17 pm
      Cheers for the heads up, sonicgeeza.

Topic locked.

Quick Reply