Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Rugby

Read 123910 times
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Re: Rugby
      Reply #184: Feb 02, 2013 05:42:40 pm
      Well played Ireland, played really well in the first half, making Wales make to many mistakes! Awsesome comback by Wales but to late in the game. For a rugby fan, what a game.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #185: Feb 03, 2013 11:21:35 am
      Well done to ireland but why do we feel the need to give teams big leads before we start to play ,cracking game for the neutral   though.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #186: Feb 03, 2013 11:12:48 pm
      Missed that stunning Italy result. Ireland and England look excellent. What a game next week will be.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #187: Feb 04, 2013 09:25:02 am
      Italy. :o
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,542 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #188: Feb 04, 2013 10:56:42 am
      Perhaps all the imports into the french top 14 are beginning to have a negative effect, plus a great start for the mighty Widnes against the franchised cockney sh*te.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #189: Feb 09, 2013 06:39:10 pm
      Good lord. Watching the France v Wales match (piss poor game) and Jonathan Davies' bias for the men in red is in overdrive in this match. Can't seem to comment on anything other than Wales and if he does it's usually to moan at them because they aren't Welsh. Insufferable oaf.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #190: Feb 10, 2013 10:40:20 am
      Can't listen to Davies either FMS.

Can't wait for the game today and about time I was off and able to watch Ireland.

Beating England will be the icing on the cake.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #191: Feb 10, 2013 03:23:50 pm
      Close game so far but some sloppy handling by Ireland which is disappointing.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #192: Feb 10, 2013 04:05:47 pm
      Needless penalties deciding the game at the moment.
      Sloppy handling to concede them.

Bad to see Zebo and Sexton going off injured in the first half.
      Earls and O'Gara very good subs to soften the blow.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #193: Feb 10, 2013 04:18:34 pm
      Earls and O'Gara have softened the blow racer and Ronans kicking in particular could be key to getting a win today.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #194: Feb 10, 2013 04:20:54 pm
      Earls and O'Gara have softened the blow racer and Ronans kicking in particular could be key to getting a win today.

sh*te pitch and weather so the tactical kicking from O'Gara is no harm.
      The running game has just had too many errors in it today.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #195: Feb 10, 2013 04:21:12 pm
      6-6 and a man in the sin bin for 10.

Game on.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #196: Feb 10, 2013 04:22:15 pm
      Sh*te pitch and weather so the tactical kicking from O'Gara is no harm.
      The running game has just had too many errors in it today.

Agree.

It's a day that might suit O'Gara as opposed to Sexton so the forced change actually might work to our advantage.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #197: Feb 10, 2013 04:30:27 pm
      Come on England!!

To Irish in here for my liking.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #198: Feb 10, 2013 04:47:19 pm
      Disappointing result but you can't give away so many handling errors and expect to win games.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #199: Feb 10, 2013 04:53:06 pm
      Disappointing result but you can't give away so many handling errors and expect to win games.

To be fair the conditions were appalling but I would have expected England to make the errors the Irish were doing being the away team and being inexperienced. Very impressed by England in all honesty. First win in Dublin in 10 years which is no mean feat especially with a team that is relatively inexperienced in comparison to previous England sides and other 6 Nations teams in this years competition. They seem to have a lot of potential going on there and there intelligence in play with 14 men when Haskell was sent off was really impressive. Tactically they played that game to near perfection.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #200: Feb 10, 2013 04:53:59 pm
      Conditions were bad mate but still too many mistakes from Ireland.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #201: Feb 10, 2013 04:58:47 pm
      The handling errors were amateur stuff in the first half.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #202: Feb 10, 2013 04:58:54 pm
      Conditions were bad mate but still too many mistakes from Ireland.

Yeah they were spilling the ball all over the place especially in the first half.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #203: Feb 10, 2013 06:14:04 pm
      And people said the Welsh game was sh*t, this for me was much worse, not a hard fought win like in France, but school boy rugby and not even a try. Can't wait to play England  :)
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #204: Feb 10, 2013 06:24:31 pm
      Ronan O'Gara has been a great servant to Irish rugby but it is time to hang up the boots.  He shouldn't be in the squad anyway - Madigan, Keatley and Jackson are all ahead of him.  They're all younger, quicker and better kickers from hand.  IMO the match ended as a contest when Sexton went off injured, and Zebo going off didn't help earlier.

Those handling errors first half and tactical kicking was the reason we lost that game.  Kearney should have been taking those kicks into touch as he has twice the distance of O'Gara...Ronan barely made any yardage whatsoever! 

The most frustrating game of rugby I've ever seen in my life, and that includes watching Ulster on Friday night!  Horrible weekend.

Fair play to England though, coped with the conditions better and made less errors.  Haven't particularly rated Robshaw before but thought he was far and away MOTM today.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #205: Mar 15, 2013 09:31:58 pm
      I see the irish lads have gone quiet  ;D game on tomorrow who would have thought after our first game we would be taking on England in Cardiff still with a chance of winning the championship ,c,mon  Wales keep the best for last.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #206: Mar 15, 2013 10:41:54 pm
      I see the irish lads have gone quiet  ;D game on tomorrow who would have thought after our first game we would be taking on England in Cardiff still with a chance of winning the championship ,c,mon  Wales keep the best for last.

Massive game tomorrow mate, as big as it gets for us. It's always about battering the English. Was speaking to Adam Jones earlier this week and he is super fired up for this.

My only concern is we are so predictable in the centre, Davies and Roberts are so one dimensional it's not right. It breaks my heart to see Hook on the bench when we need someone at inside centre to give us that creativity and diversity. Davies and Roberts have offered next to nothing all tournament, the same goes for North and Cuthbert. Maybe this is the calm before the storm, i hope it is.

Howley will have a lot to answer for if he fucks this up. We are renowned for playing flair rugby, not sending steroid freaks on crash balls.

I remember after the Irish game where Davies threw two passes into touch, i f**king cringed. Then the following week he did an interview  in the paper saying he was working on his passing!, working on his f**king passing!.

What a f**king tw*t!. Passing is the first thing you're taught in rugby.

We can beat England tomorrow, by more than eight points if need be. I just worry that that eight points might be too much if we carry on playing this sub standard rugby. We need to buck our ideas up and fast.

Quick Reply