Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

England National Football Team

Read 361907 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Re: England National Football Team
      Reply #2346: Jun 02, 2016 09:01:15 pm
      Same old England. Can't keep the ball and can't win it back. Getting played off the park by 10 men Portugal. It'll never change until they get a manager in there who believes and is able to coach the. To keep the bloody ball. Why is is not and never woz the man to do that. Real shame because there are some talented players in this England squad. Best range of forward players in many years and some bright young talents who are pretty fearless.
      Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #2347: Jun 02, 2016 09:06:19 pm
      I'm no A licence coach but surely in this situation (ie it's not ideal to playing against 10 men) you simply use it as practice should we come up against a side who are down to 10 in the tournament? So that would mean getting some width onto the pitch, try and create some 2 on 1s out wide, I'd get Studge on as he is excellent in tight areas in and around the box, maybe even go three at the back. But not Woy, oh no, let's keep to the original game plan. How the fook was he ever given the LFC job? It beggars belief
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2348: Jun 02, 2016 09:11:48 pm
      Why was Rooney left on but Vardy off?
      DanMann

• 5,781 posts | 891 
      Reply #2349: Jun 02, 2016 09:12:43 pm
      Rooney can't score even when he's offside i.e. with an advantage.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2350: Jun 02, 2016 09:17:31 pm
      Sterling 50m  :lmao:
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,608 posts | 752 
      Reply #2351: Jun 02, 2016 09:18:47 pm
      I'm genuinely confused as to how a man with 30 plus years as a coach would think Vardy, Kane and Rooney would work together in a front 3, knowing each of their styles of play.

Really baffled.
      DanMann

• 5,781 posts | 891 
      Reply #2352: Jun 02, 2016 09:21:11 pm
      Finally England's best Striker is on..
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2353: Jun 02, 2016 09:24:30 pm
      Best shot of the game there.
      DanMann

• 5,781 posts | 891 
      Reply #2354: Jun 02, 2016 09:35:28 pm
      Central defender scoring only goal in 86 min. Yay..
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #2355: Jun 02, 2016 09:39:16 pm
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2356: Jun 02, 2016 09:42:55 pm
      Rooney just said I think we won the game.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,608 posts | 752 
      Reply #2357: Jun 02, 2016 09:47:02 pm
      Wow, a cross from a winger. Who woulda thunk it.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2358: Jun 02, 2016 11:29:15 pm
      England's most valuable midfielder (Alli) shunted out on the left wing to allow a lesser player to play centrally. It's Paul Scholes and Euro 2004 all over again!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2359: Jun 03, 2016 12:32:31 am

Nah I can guarantee it they will go further in the tournament then Ingeeeerrrllllandd!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #2360: Jun 03, 2016 12:35:15 am
      Wilshere, starts 1 league game all season and gets chosen.

Match of the Day commentator Conor McNamara tweeted this impressive stat:"Leeds United have had six manager since Jack Wilshere last completed a full 90 minutes for Arsenal."

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2361: Jun 03, 2016 12:56:19 am
      Nah I can guarantee it they will go further in the tournament then Ingeeeerrrllllandd!

Of course you can lad.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2362: Jun 03, 2016 01:11:06 am

I just realised there's going to be a rematch of that epic Euro 2008 quarter final! What a match that was! It's a fascinating group that one is. All teams have had their moments in international competitions across the last couple of decades. Perhaps Croatia can replicate what they did last time in France in 1998? Will Turkey get to another semi final (their last two appearances at international competition resulted in semis in 2002 and 2008 didn't it?). Have a soft spot for the Czechs so would want to see them progress. Toss of a coin on who I want out of Croatia or Turkey to progress. Two fantastic nations whose presence can make any international football competition that bit better.

Spain? Couldn't care less about their boring football, rolling around on the floor sh*te. Hope they crash and burn like they did in Brazil 2 years ago. No one who loves football ever said that there favourite football team was the Spain side of the last decade or so. They don't have the charisma of the Dutch or the Brazilians, nor the gritty might of the Germans.

But back on topic, England can do something at this tournament because they have the best attack I can ever remember but only if Hodgson is willing to make big decisions to get the most out of that attack...which I doubt he will. Similar to France 98 they have a squad of exciting talent that must not be squandered like it was in the years after that World Cup. I think Russia will setup similar to what Portugal did at Wembley tonight even with 11 men - sit deep with two banks of 4. Despite his poor form the past year I actually think he should find a way of starting Sterling in next week's match. Sterling can do the intricate required when the space is limited and players are congested unlike Vardy who came unstuck badly tonight.
      « Last Edit: Jun 03, 2016 01:21:39 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2363: Jun 03, 2016 06:34:42 am

Ill remind you of the post in a few weeks time lad.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2364: Jun 03, 2016 06:36:07 am
      I just realised there's going to be a rematch of that epic Euro 2008 quarter final! What a match that was! It's a fascinating group that one is. All teams have had their moments in international competitions across the last couple of decades. Perhaps Croatia can replicate what they did last time in France in 1998? Will Turkey get to another semi final (their last two appearances at international competition resulted in semis in 2002 and 2008 didn't it?). Have a soft spot for the Czechs so would want to see them progress. Toss of a coin on who I want out of Croatia or Turkey to progress. Two fantastic nations whose presence can make any international football competition that bit better.

Spain? Couldn't care less about their boring football, rolling around on the floor sh*te. Hope they crash and burn like they did in Brazil 2 years ago. No one who loves football ever said that there favourite football team was the Spain side of the last decade or so. They don't have the charisma of the Dutch or the Brazilians, nor the gritty might of the Germans.

But back on topic, England can do something at this tournament because they have the best attack I can ever remember but only if Hodgson is willing to make big decisions to get the most out of that attack...which I doubt he will. Similar to France 98 they have a squad of exciting talent that must not be squandered like it was in the years after that World Cup. I think Russia will setup similar to what Portugal did at Wembley tonight even with 11 men - sit deep with two banks of 4. Despite his poor form the past year I actually think he should find a way of starting Sterling in next week's match. Sterling can do the intricate required when the space is limited and players are congested unlike Vardy who came unstuck badly tonight.

Yep that was a painful one losing in the quarters like that.

I fear us playing more against Turkey then Spain to be honest and with you on that one mate in hoping they crash and burn the Spaniards that is.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2365: Jun 03, 2016 07:27:41 am
      Ill remind you of the post in a few weeks time lad.

ditto. After all your making the guarantees.

not that I'm arsed tbh, but seeing you with your tail between your legs will be amusing.

« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2016 07:41:02 am by Beerbelly »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2366: Jun 10, 2016 06:43:10 pm
      England fans needed to have tear gas used on them after trashing an 'English Bar' in France. Fans were violent and shouting 'Where are you Isis' in the predominantly Muslim area.

England should have their fans banned. Sorry but this is a problem every F***ing time there is a tournament. You're only as slow as your slowest marchers and England have the slowest in football. cu*ts.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2367: Jun 10, 2016 09:26:29 pm
      Quite sure the above post is generalizing. I didn't see him condemn us all when 4 Liverpool fans were arrested in Europa League last march. It does not happen every tournament. It didn't happen like since 1998, which was also in France. These trouble makers are a minority of fans.
      « Last Edit: Jun 10, 2016 09:48:58 pm by Ribapuru »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2368: Jun 10, 2016 11:19:48 pm
      Quite sure the above post is generalizing. I didn't see him condemn us all when 4 Liverpool fans were arrested in Europa League last march. It does not happen every tournament. It didn't happen like since 1998, which was also in France. These trouble makers are a minority of fans.

So you're an England fan first and a Liverpool fan second. We get that. But Liverpool fans weren't RIOTING were they or trashing bars and setting flares alight within them and goading innocent Marseille residents as they went about their daily lives? Why would anyone come on here, especially a 'Liverpool fan', come on here and deny and challenge the VERY real and serious point Mags is making by shifting the argument onto us Liverpool supporters, trying to make us look EQUALS to those drunk racists? You CAN'T defend that and it's a disgrace you think it's so trivial as to be compared with an incident that was minor in comparison and I can only think that comes from a blind obsession with this mediocre national side and it's mediocre supporters with its mediocre manager.

Quick Reply