Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

England National Football Team

Read 357107 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: England National Football Team
      Reply #2967: May 17, 2018 10:17:57 am
      Hard work and graft can beat talent especially in one off games

England don't have hard work and graft or much talent
      The problem is,  you compare England to superior teams like Brazil or Germany. England are in the top 15 not top 5 or 10.

Realistic > Bitter.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2968: May 17, 2018 10:20:53 am
      The problem is,  you compare England to superior teams like Brazil or Germany. We're in the top 15 not top 5 or 10.

I don't

I just know they're sh*te

I'm not bitter whatsoever..  to be bitter you have to care
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2969: May 17, 2018 10:21:45 am
      I don't

I just know they're sh*te
      We'll see. If England make the quarters you'll be eating your words.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2970: May 17, 2018 10:23:58 am
      The problem is,  you compare England to superior teams like Brazil or Germany. England are in the top 15 not top 5 or 10.

Realistic > Bitter.

Because those that really follow the National team, the media, the expectation is that they are the same as Brazil, Germany etc. Incredibly poor standard of Qualifying groups against semi pro players and Pointless friendlies mid season where they get a draw just makes it worse, but then when they play them when it matters, they get exposed.

No bitterness from me because for me it’s club over country, not interested so long as none of our players get injured.
      « Last Edit: May 17, 2018 10:31:37 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Kopite78
      Reply #2971: May 17, 2018 10:24:11 am
      We'll see. If England make the quarters you'll be eating your words.

Honestly I won't... fair play if they do. I just don't see it.
      Go and look at recent world cup result and performances..
      2002 2006 2010 2014

They're sh*te

I hope you enjoy it buddy.. I imagine in your full kits..  shinnys the lot 👌
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2972: May 17, 2018 11:38:58 am
      Honestly I won't... fair play if they do. I just don't see it.
      Go and look at recent world cup result and performances..
      2002 2006 2010 2014

They're sh*te

I hope you enjoy it buddy.. I imagine in your full kits..  shinnys the lot 👌
      ahaha I won't be taking it that far. Liverpool is my priority. If we win the champions league I'll be forking out for a Karius long sleeve goalie shirt. Always liked goalie shirts for some reason. Wouldn't go near one when we used Mignolet though.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2973: May 17, 2018 12:24:59 pm
      I actually agree with Rib that England will go far into the tournament (probably win with Woodburn in the team ;) ). Southgate has them set up really well defensively and will frustrate the bigger national teams, and with Sterling, Kane and Dele up top, you will always have a chance.

adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #2974: May 17, 2018 03:30:40 pm
      It does help England somewhat if they get through to the second round they cross over with a round of 16 game Vs the likes of Poland, Columbia, Senegal and Japan though we heard that before in the last Euro. I believe this team can only go as far as Kane can take them, if he is firing then England could do decently because this team from what I see is built to defend and counter.
      Hasty Lover
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts |
      Reply #2975: Jun 08, 2018 08:01:32 am
      Anybody watch the game last night, how did they look? Typical dour performance or are there any shoots of hope?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2976: Jun 08, 2018 10:22:44 am
      People old enough know that this team like all the others since probably 1990 will let you down if you expect anything from them.
      England are an average side with a couple of decent players in the side.
      I also do believe our league leaves them knackered before a tournament so it makes the decisions to play two full internationals when they could be resting up after a hard season. After playing 50 or 60 games this season I cant see how they can need much coaching other than on the training pitch.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,667 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2977: Jun 08, 2018 10:27:55 am
      Anybody watch the game last night, how did they look? Typical dour performance or are there any shoots of hope?

They looked the same way they have done for years! sh*te
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2978: Jun 09, 2018 11:23:52 am
      They looked the same way they have done for years! Sh*te
      Bulls**t. Don't listen to Keith on matters relating to England. He's got an agenda. England were the best they've played in a very long time. They made Costa Rica look rubbish despite them being 22nd in the world.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,667 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2979: Jun 09, 2018 11:29:42 am
      Bulls**t. Don't listen to Keith on matters relating to England. He's got an agenda. England were the best they've played in a very long time. They made Costa Rica look rubbish despite them being 22nd in the world.

Being 22nd in the world is just like being 22nd in the league, their! sh*te too, or should that be they're  :P
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2980: Jun 09, 2018 11:46:50 am
      Being 22nd in the world is just like being 22nd in the league, their! Sh*te too, or should that be they're  :P
      If you must know, it should be there in this case.

"Their" is a possesive determinant.

Eg: Their bus broke down.

"There" is a adverb but can be used as an exclamation as it would be in your example case had you not incorrectly put "their".

"They're" is a contraction of they and are, so they can used when referring to adjectives.

Eg: They're great.
      « Last Edit: Jun 09, 2018 11:51:14 am by Ribapuru »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,667 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2981: Jun 09, 2018 11:51:17 am
      If you must know, it should be there in this case.

Their is a possesive determinant.

Eg: Their bus broke down.

There is a adverb but can be used as an exclamation as it would be in your example case had you not incorrectly put their.

They're is a contraction of they and are, so they can used when referring to adjectives.

Eg: They're great.

Well you took the bait anyway...  :lmao:
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #2982: Jun 09, 2018 01:58:23 pm

Do you really think Costa Rica are a fantastic side? Honest question.

This WC won’t even go through group stages.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2983: Jun 09, 2018 03:34:55 pm
      Do you really think Costa Rica are a fantastic side? Honest question.

This WC won’t even go through group stages.
      I never once said Costa Rica are a fantastic side. I did say good. On a scale of 1-10 Fantastic is 9 good is 6.
      After looking at recent results they may even be an okay which is a 5.
      England should get through because they are around 8 which is a great side, which is why 2-0 against a good side is okay.
      We won't win the world cup because there are a few world class 10/10 sides we are unlikely to beat. A world class side should beat a great side by the same margin a great side beats a good side on averages.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2984: Jun 09, 2018 03:38:48 pm
      I never once said Costa Rica are a fantastic side. I did say good. On a scale of 1-10 Fantastic is 9 good is 6.
      After looking at recent results they may even be an okay which is a 5.
      England should get through because they are around 8 which is a great side, which is why 2-0 against a good side is okay.
      We won't win the world cup because there are a few world class 10/10 sides we are unlikely to beat. A world class side should beat a great side by the same margin a great side beats a good side.

England great?

You still suffer from concussion right?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2985: Jun 09, 2018 03:52:13 pm

England great?

You still suffer from concussion right?
      You do realise England only lost one game this year, that was a friendly against France right? Italy were extremely lucky to get an equaliser and we beat Holland. Holland managed to beat Portugal 3-0, so go make sense of that then.

As much as there are deluded people thinking we can win the world cup, there are deluded people thinking we are garbage. Both extremities are just stupid.

England are one of the youngest sides in the world cup and I think there's a good chance of making the knockout stages. If you can't notice a side with Vardy, Kane, Rashford as a front 3 is great, with options allover the pitch as great then that's your bitter choice.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2986: Jun 09, 2018 03:59:45 pm
      You do realise England only lost one game this year, that was a friendly against France right? Italy were extremely lucky to get an equaliser and we beat Holland. Holland managed to beat Portugal 3-0, so go make sense of that then.

As much as there are deluded people thinking we can win the world cup, there are deluded people thinking we are garbage. Both extremities are just stupid.

England are one of the youngest sides in the world cup and I think there's a good chance of making the knockout stages. If you can't notice a side with Vardy, Kane, Rashford as a front 3 is great, with options allover the pitch as great then that's your bitter choice.

Bitter? Nah.. to be bitter about something you have to care

If England win the world cup great for their fans.. well done

However that's so F***ing unlikely it's ridiculous.. they are a decent side.. great? Not in a million years
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,667 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2987: Jun 09, 2018 04:06:35 pm
      Don't great sides win things? When was the last time England won anything?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2988: Jun 09, 2018 04:10:20 pm
      Don't great sides win things? When was the last time England won anything?
      This is a new England side. That's an irrelevant question.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2989: Jun 09, 2018 04:12:33 pm
      Bitter? Nah.. to be bitter about something you have to care

If England win the world cup great for their fans.. well done

However that's so f**king unlikely it's ridiculous.. they are a decent side.. great? Not in a million years
      It's 4% chance. A super computer already ran the simulation. However only a handful of teams had better odds. I'll take a super computers result since I understand the processing of information from that more than how you process information.

Quick Reply