Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

England National Football Team

Read 356958 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: England National Football Team
      Reply #2990: Jun 09, 2018 04:14:36 pm
      This is a new England side. That's an irrelevant question.

Thought they were a American football team...
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2991: Jun 09, 2018 04:18:45 pm
      Thought they were a American football team...
      I said "new England" not "New England". You are just showing your limited grasp of grammar again. Your attempt at whatever that was backfired.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2992: Jun 09, 2018 04:19:37 pm
      It's 4% chance. A super computer already ran the simulation. However only a handful of teams had better odds. I'll take a super computers result since I understand the processing of information from that more than how you process information.

I wouldn't  suggest "great" equates to a 4% chance

I just process information as I see it
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2993: Jun 09, 2018 04:21:25 pm
      I wouldn't  suggest "great" equates to a 4% chance

I just process information as I see it
      I said England are a great side. I didn't say we had a great chance. By comparison Brazil have a 22% chance and they're world class. At 4% we're the 8th most likely team out of 32 participants.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2994: Jun 09, 2018 04:23:43 pm
      I said England are a great side. I didn't say we had a great chance. By comparison Brazil have a 22% chance and they're world class.

I've backed this 22% chance to win World Cup. Have I wasted my money coz their not a 100% world class team?
      Kopite78
      Reply #2995: Jun 09, 2018 05:16:30 pm
      I said England are a great side. I didn't say we had a great chance. By comparison Brazil have a 22% chance and they're world class. At 4% we're the 8th most likely team out of 32 participants.

They aren't a great side Rib

Honestly you're kidding yourself if you think they are.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2996: Jun 09, 2018 05:57:32 pm
      Lets be honest England are bang average.....at best. If they get out of the group they will have done well
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2997: Jun 09, 2018 06:34:18 pm
      Lets be honest England are bang average.....at best. If they get out of the group they will have done well

Totally agree
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2998: Jun 09, 2018 06:37:59 pm
       Someone say Ingerland are a great team??  :lmao:
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #2999: Jun 09, 2018 08:16:20 pm
      I’ve got to give it to Rib, he’s the greatest WUM I’ve ever seen :D

So good it makes you question if he is actually being genuine. Never change Rib :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3000: Jun 09, 2018 08:25:12 pm
      I’ve got to give it to Rib, he’s the greatest WUM I’ve ever seen :D

So good it makes you question if he is actually being genuine. Never change Rib :D

I agree but does make good reading at times coz he also make me laugh with some of his post/opinions  ;D
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3001: Jun 18, 2018 09:41:40 pm
      England did just about ok V Tunisia. The line up was not right. Trippier is not a good enough wing back to justify playing a 3-5-2.

Not enough pace or invention in the side.

My team. Pickford, Walker,Maguire,Stones,TAA....Hendo, Rashford,Kane,Deli Ali,Vardy,Sterling....a team to take the World cup by storm as opposed to the ridiculous line up Southgate puts out.
      Hasty Lover
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts |
      Reply #3002: Jun 18, 2018 11:09:27 pm
      I thought they did well tonight, it was nice to see an England side play with tempo for a change. Not saying we're gonna go on and win it but feel more positive than I have in a long time (which in fairness ain't saying much)
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3003: Jun 19, 2018 03:47:57 pm
      I thought they did well tonight, it was nice to see an England side play with tempo for a change. Not saying we're gonna go on and win it but feel more positive than I have in a long time (which in fairness ain't saying much)

Don't think there was much to get excited about. The line up isn't right. Trippier isn't a good enough wing back. The right wing only showed some spark when Rashford and Loftus-Cheek came on. Every time England won a free kick Trippier goes running over as if to say " I'll take over here"....

Sterling was disappointing. Young on the left isn't the answer. He wasn't good enough when he was in his prime, as to why Southgate thinks he'll be able to do it now shows his poor judgement.

Might scrape thru the group but come up against any team intent on winning it...no chance.
      lottie1234
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Reply #3004: Jun 21, 2018 09:27:44 am
      You never know...
      lottie1234
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Reply #3005: Jun 21, 2018 09:28:49 am
      But we almost certainly will fail at some point and then it will all be because of just one player.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3006: Jun 21, 2018 10:18:34 pm
      If Southgate drops Sterling he will go up in my estimation as he has been sh*te in an England shirt. Rashford would be far more effective as a partner for Kane
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3007: Jun 22, 2018 12:03:15 am
      If Southgate drops Sterling he will go up in my estimation as he has been sh*te in an England shirt. Rashford would be far more effective as a partner for Kane

Just playing Kane up front with either Sterling or Rashford won't work against the better teams. The way the side is set up is wrong as well. Young hasn't got the pace to create down the left. Trippier isn't much better. Lingard is limited. I don't know why Southgate thinks the 3-5-2 set up will work. When asked what is his team's main strength he said pace...when in fact the pacey players...Rashford, Vardy, Loftus-Cheek were left on the bench. Doomed to fail...mainly because Southgate is a poor manager.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3008: Jun 22, 2018 09:37:33 am
      Fixed it.
      Kopite78
      Reply #3009: Jun 22, 2018 09:42:17 am
      England have been sh*te

Fixed yours 👍
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3010: Jun 22, 2018 09:51:37 am
      Just playing Kane up front with either Sterling or Rashford won't work against the better teams. The way the side is set up is wrong as well. Young hasn't got the pace to create down the left. Trippier isn't much better. Lingard is limited. I don't know why Southgate thinks the 3-5-2 set up will work. When asked what is his team's main strength he said pace...when in fact the pacey players...Rashford, Vardy, Loftus-Cheek were left on the bench. Doomed to fail...mainly because Southgate is a poor manager.

I just don't know how Southgate got here to be honest he is an FA clone. However sometimes people have more luck than ability so who knows but Panama would be a game England would normally struggle with so lets see what happens on Sunday
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3011: Jun 22, 2018 10:21:58 am
      I just don't know how Southgate got here to be honest he is an FA clone. However sometimes people have more luck than ability so who knows but Panama would be a game England would normally struggle with so lets see what happens on Sunday
      Not sure about that. Panama are rated lower than 50. In world cups we struggled against Romania, Iceland etc... over the years when they were ranked in the top 20. I know Fifa rankings aren't that great but there is nothing better to rate teams right now. Can imagine England winning 2 or 3 nill.

I remember when I was a kid in class many many years ago. A classmate with Jamaican roots was going on about how much better Jamaica would do than England... blah blah... they panned in every game whilst England went to Penalties against Argentina. Panama could be this years Jamaica of 1998.

Nobody is good enough to win it, nobody has shown that yet. Whoever does win it will need luck VAR decisions to go their way. It won't be England, since we are too disliked. We've seen it in the past... 50/50 decisions don't ever go our way. We only get the clear and unarguable stuff and we hear about how we have not won anything for so long, after a string of strange penalties, disallowed goals or red cards. We saw how Kane got rugby tackled, no penno and Tunisia got a penalty for running into Walkers arm. This was confirmed on VAR. Every pundit was in agreement it was bullsh*t. Do the men in the VAR room disagree with the world or do they agree and there is another non footballing reason? Money? dislike for England? Who knows. I have no faith England can win anything because we could be in the semi final against Croatia or somebody and Modric dives, VAR will probable gives us a red card and Croatia a penalty. England fans will by furious and vandalise sh*t. People will forget about the result, just remember the hoologans... next week same old people will be calling England sh*te again.

I just don't understand it because there are some people from countries that don't have a good living standard, dictatorships etc... people that quit their job and sold their car to just to be at the world cup just to watch their country lose! They still back their country.

We live in a country with NHS, Benefit system, Democracy, Laws, Police etc... there has been some areas in government that let areas down but on the balance of things there are a lot of complainers around that have not travelled beyond their nose to see how much worse things could be, then slag off their home land.

I will remain positive and believe England can get out the group and get as far as they can before the corruption kicks in.

Southgate got there because he was  u21 manager. He did a very good job there, when Sam was sacked as senior manager Southgate was put in temporarily but he was doing well so we kept him as manager. 
      « Last Edit: Jun 22, 2018 10:27:34 am by Ribapuru »
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3012: Jun 22, 2018 11:35:39 am
      Can't accept the we should be grateful for what we have in this country. That way leads to acceptance of lower standards. Going to get bad enough thanks to the Tories without us accepting crap just because the UK might have higher standards than other less fortunate countries.

Southgate was desperation by the FA. They screwed up with fat Sam and took a punt on Southgate even tho he hasn't the track record to be even considered. Aidy Boothroyd is doing OK with the under 21's, let's hope when Southgate gets the boot the FA don't turn to Boothroyd.

Southgate should stick to a simple 4-4-2. Pack the front 6 with pace and as much creativity as poss.  But he won't because he thinks he is a football coach full of innovative ideas when in truth he's full of coach speak, ridiculous theories that work on the blackboard but not in reality.

You are right in saying there doesn't seem to be any outstanding team so far. I think England have the squad to do well but they have a manager that will overthink it. For example the right side is wasted with Trippier doing very little but he plays great on Southgate's blackboard.

Thru the group then a weak team might get us thru but not much further.

Quick Reply