Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Newcastle 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match

Read 2433 times
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Newcastle 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match
      Feb 10, 2007 03:52:50 pm
      Whats happenin' guys ?  was Reina making an arse of himself again or is the sky sports sh*te just loving the reds making a mistake ?? 
      « Last Edit: Feb 10, 2007 05:19:07 pm by JD »
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: Newcastle v Liverpool
      Reply #1: Feb 10, 2007 03:55:15 pm
      Reina could have kicked it out of play but he kick it straight against Agger and it feel into Martins path who tapped it into an open net.

Should be about 4-1 to us though.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #2: Feb 10, 2007 03:57:09 pm
      Lets hope we can get it together in the 2nd half, sounds like Bellers has had a million and one chances  ;) 
      IraqiRed
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #3: Feb 10, 2007 04:03:24 pm
      Newcastle ar very lukky they had on chance and they scoed it very bad for gol keepr Reina but thnik wil win aginst Newcastle today 8:
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #4: Feb 10, 2007 04:05:17 pm
      yeh hes hit the bar as well. Hes playing well put its just the finish.

My prediction, 1-3 Bellamy to get one more and gerrard.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #5: Feb 10, 2007 04:33:54 pm
      Come on Reds, need some fight now. 2 - 1 down   >:(
      IraqiRed
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #6: Feb 10, 2007 04:34:04 pm
      Riise is not so good
      Cy
      Reply #7: Feb 10, 2007 04:45:42 pm
      The pitch is so poor....come on reds..
      What is the name of the ref again?..bad bad ref..( not that there is any good one though)..
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #8: Feb 10, 2007 04:59:43 pm
      The pitch is so poor....come on reds..
      What is the name of the ref again?..bad bad ref..( not that there is any good one though)..

Mark Halsey was the ref, the pitch was bad for both teams we should have battered them but once again we are lacking the world class striker our rivals all have.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #9: Feb 10, 2007 05:17:19 pm
      All down to the lack of finishing.

A truly world Class striker is needed in the summer. No question
      TINHEAD14
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Re: Newcastle 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match
      Reply #10: Feb 10, 2007 06:08:57 pm
      first half we didnt take our chances, bellamy has another two chances including his goal, zenden had a great chance aswell.  Second half we didnt create any chances, plenty of possession.  We dont or cant kill games off!!
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #11: Feb 10, 2007 06:25:29 pm
      Ah well - good of Sky to pick us as game of the day.  From what I have read we should have wiped the floor with them in the first half but woeful finishing.

Roll on the summer transfers
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #12: Feb 10, 2007 06:31:09 pm
      Ah well - good of Sky to pick us as game of the day.  From what I have read we should have wiped the floor with them in the first half but woeful finishing.

Roll on the summer transfers

They only like to pick us when we get beat, bloody typical sky sports sh*te.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #13: Feb 10, 2007 08:33:32 pm
      set the alarm for 01.45am...had a quick smoko and got back in the room as they were coming out. Saw Zenden.... started to worry but then Bellamy puts us 1-0 up....very happy. As I watched the 1st half, I saw us once again create a hatful full of chances only to squander them again. Brought back memories of all our other away games (except The Arse game) and  come halftime I really started to worry. In the second half we didn't create much at all....heaps of possession but either gave it away cheaply or just lacked that exquisite touch in the final third. I haven't got much hair but it was nearly gone at the end of the game and the tears were nearly there. Sick of it, why cant we just smack these teams like Chelski and Man Scum would have done. Can't wait for the summer to really get a couple of superstars to join our team. I really feel thats what we are lacking and then we will back where we belong.

P.S Where was Aurelio...was he on the bench?

Why did Raf take so long in bringing Crouchie on (82 Mins) when I thought Kuyt was having his second ordinary game in a row. He waited last week till around the 82 min to bring Robbie on against the bluenoses. Surely these guys need more than around 8-10 mins to get going...you cant expect them to work miracles with so little game time.....

and my final rant has to be about JAR......whats going on....this guy is a star but I don't think he's been his best at all this season....every time he gets the ball he either turns it over with a long hoof up the ground, puts it out of play because he can't kick it on his right or gets up field beautifully then tries to crack it form 30-40 yards for one of his specials....1 out of 10 maybe 15 go in..... I think he needs a rest on the bench for the next game as he might be starting to think he doesn't have any competion for the left back spot.

Sorry to rant on but had to get all this off my chest as it's now 07.29, I'm at work and really pissed off that we lost a game again that we should have sewn up in the 1st half. >:( ???

« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2007 08:37:45 pm by AussieRed »
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #14: Feb 10, 2007 09:27:07 pm
            Why did Raf take so long in bringing Crouchie on (82 Mins) when I thought Kuyt was having his second ordinary game in a row. He waited last week till around the 82 min to bring Robbie on against the bluenoses. Surely these guys need more than around 8-10 mins to get going...you cant expect them to work miracles with so little game time.....

Some excellent points - I don't know why Rafa's first two substitutions were essentially tactical?

Nobody can doubt your commitment.  Getting up at 2am and then going to work - at least us lot have the pleasure of being able to sleep that result off soon.

I think its clear that we have really struggled up front this year.  Robbie must be exceptionally poor in training to have not been given a substantial chance at playing in the first team.  It's a fight for third, then a summer rebuild and hopefully we will come back that little bit sharper in front of the sticks.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #15: Feb 10, 2007 09:38:16 pm
      Yeah Jabba I'm stuffed mate....walked in really sad and all the people here (don't know jack about football,  but know how much I love LFC), said don't tell me you lost......wanted to punch their lights out. The only good thing is I dont get any ribbing because none of them follow the greatest game on planet earth..and if they do, they support the Mancs but couldnt name more than 3 players on their list, so don't take them serious anyway. ;)
      marko
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #16: Feb 10, 2007 09:40:30 pm
      was at the game today pitch was terrible and so was liverpools defending at times,what was pepe doing 4 there 1st goal? zenden was sh*t, sissoko wasnt fit,gerrard looked knackered.we should have won this game comfortably but when do we do things the easy way,roll on the summer and get some quality players in our squad. goin to get some sh*t on monday as i am a geordie red. :'(
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #17: Feb 10, 2007 11:32:21 pm
      was at the game today pitch was terrible and so was liverpools defending at times,what was pepe doing 4 there 1st goal? zenden was sh*t, sissoko wasnt fit,gerrard looked knackered.we should have won this game comfortably but when do we do things the easy way,roll on the summer and get some quality players in our squad. goin to get some sh*t on monday as I am a geordie red. :'(

This is a lesson to us all.  At least most of us don't work with any Newcastle fans. If you get any sh*t just ask them what they have won lately? Then walk away with smug satisfaction on your face.

Match pictures from today's game
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,1869.0.html
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #18: Feb 11, 2007 12:05:38 am
      OMG I can't believe we lost to the Toon :O

Bellamy has such a fit accent ;D He had a lot of chances, bless him!!

Bit of a soft pen wasn't it?!
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #19: Feb 11, 2007 12:23:43 am
      Bellamy has such a fit accent ;D

Can't understand a word he says.  ;)
      gerrard8
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts |
      Reply #20: Feb 11, 2007 08:15:33 pm
      we should hav killed them today don't know what happend tho except reina not using his head

Quick Reply