Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Gerrard V Lampard, No contest

Read 1680 times
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Gerrard V Lampard, No contest
      Feb 08, 2007 01:02:00 pm
      I am clearly missing something (no not that!) what is this preoccupation with Frank Lampard that the media and the England management team have?
      Gerrard has played near enough everywhere across midfield for England without getting the recognition he deserves; he is England's most important player yet he gets shifted from pillar to post so Lampard can be accommodated.
      Last night I watched England v Spain to watch the Liverpool players as I don't really follow the national team :o I thought Gerrard was one of the few players to be playing half decent some nice passes, geeing the team on etc, on the other side was poor Frank having an absolute stinker passes going astray and just looking generally disinterested. Who gets subbed at half time but Stevie G! Granted I was happy that he wouldn't be risking injury in the second half but when did England last sub their Captain at half time? For me Gerrard is by far the better player which is why Chelsea have tried to land him a couple of times, not I think to play with Lampard but to replace him as they clearly cannot play together.
      Cy
      Re: Gerrard V Lampard, No contest
      Reply #1: Feb 08, 2007 02:21:51 pm
      Stevie is better then lampard there is no doubt whatsoever. I also watched the england vs spain last night, and I wasn't surprise to see the poor performance of most english player excpet...our stevie who play decent, Jamie didnt play enough to actually been noted but he done what he has been ask to do (as always), crouchy well a bit unlucky, he needs to stop having his hand in the air, although the ref last night wasn't very good.

Gerrard was sub and I was happy about that, it was a bad game for England (again!) and the last thing we needed was a injury.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #2: Feb 08, 2007 10:49:31 pm
      I thought that when Gerard went off, Lampard had the opportunity to show he could take control of the midfield with Gerard out of his way, Thats when Spain started to take control not Lampard. Says it all for me.
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #3: Feb 08, 2007 11:34:37 pm
      Agree with everyones comments that Lampard isn't all that...

But on a similar theme...what is it with this obsession some of our players have around playing for Eng er land?? They are NEVER gonna win anything with them and each time they play leave themselves wide open for criticsm from the southern media and the blinkered Eng er land fans who believe Chelski and ManUre will save the national team!! Just look down the years and the abuse players like John Barnes and Steve McManaman had to endure.....

Personally I couldn't give  a stuff abour Eng er land. I don't pay to watch them, don't follow them with a passion - I'm a Liverpool fan and that's all I'm interested in - give me the reds winning the league anyday over a World Cup Win. Most national tournaments these days are ultra negative and boring anyway!

Don't buy an Eng er land shirt - buy something from the club shop - it'll look better and last longer - and the money will be going into the club - and not the FA (they gotta pay Svens wages somehow!).

Rant over.... >:D
      Kernow-Kop
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 80 posts |
      Reply #4: Feb 09, 2007 10:53:28 pm
      lampard..... i cringe at the mention of his name.
      he might score some good goals, but if you watch him (which is very painful) play, he's far from a team player, its just pass the ball to me and i'll shoot. if you do that 15-20 times a match, you'll bound to score a good goal.
      just like andy cole for scum afew years ago, people thought he was great, but how many chances did he MISS before he scored one, the same with lampard, over-rated and should'nt even be mentioned in the same sentance as gerrard :angry-smiley-034: ( and i know i have just done so, but it will defo be the last )
      gerrard8
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts |
      Reply #5: Feb 11, 2007 07:58:53 pm
      i h8 lampard, gerrard is amazing why are people comparing?

Quick Reply