Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Yossi Benayoun (Barcelona)

Read 9161 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Yossi Benayoun (Barcelona)
      Reply #46: Jun 27, 2009 03:02:35 pm
      Babel gone, Silva on the left, Riera and Yossi off the bench? Yes please. We lack any sort of creativity off the bench.

Scares me letting babel go id send him out on loan for a year to a lesser club maybe Newcastle or some one of their ilk and see how progress's as babel has undoubted potential and ability and is a confidence player so to test the water id see how he performs playing for a team week in and week out.

As i said it scares me letting babel go as under his sulky moody exterior there is a world class player just waiting to burst onto the scene maybe he needs a run of games in his preferred position to help his confidence and bring it out of him. I would hate to sell him to another club then see him realise his full potential and become a world beater and end up as the one who got away.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,308 posts | 2852 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #47: Jun 27, 2009 03:13:23 pm
      How as this ended up in the "sticky" section?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #48: Jun 27, 2009 03:19:01 pm
      How as this ended up in the "sticky" section?

Some one got way too sexually excited over Benayoun's rat face and blew their load all over the thread  ?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #49: Jun 27, 2009 04:12:41 pm
      Unstickied, WTF happened? :-\
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #50: Jul 06, 2009 03:27:18 pm
      Yossi signed an extension, we can close this thread.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #51: Jul 06, 2009 03:52:13 pm
      Yossi signed an extension, we can close this thread.

Even though I'm darn sure he's staying, I'll wait until it's announced proper before locking the thread.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #52: Jul 06, 2009 04:00:26 pm
      It is understood that, at 29, he feels there is one more big pay day to come and that an offer of contract talks at Anfield would be enough to banish any thoughts of moving on.

Benayoun is halfway through a four-year deal, and Benitez must decide whether to reward his improved form, and end uncertainty over his future, by presenting him with the long-term deal he is looking for.
      Taken from the first article in the thread.

The new contract looks to of squashed any rumours of him leaving.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #53: Jul 06, 2009 04:08:19 pm
      Even though I'm darn sure he's staying, I'll wait until it's announced proper before locking the thread.

Scratch that. The Echo is good enough for me.

Yossi Benayoun agrees new Liverpool FC deal
      Jul 6 2009 by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

YOSSI BENAYOUN is set to become the latest Liverpool star to commit his future to the Reds – after the Israeli international agreed terms on a new Anfield contract.

Benayoun has two years remaining on his current deal but after enjoying his best campaign yet in a Liverpool shirt last season, boss Rafa Benitez was keen to reward the 29-year-old with a contract extension.

Talks have now been concluded successfully and Benayoun is set to sign a one-year extension which will see him remain with Liverpool until 2012.

With doubts continuing to surround the futures of central midfield duo Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano, Benitez will be delighted to have retained the services of Benayoun, who moved to Anfield from West Ham United in a £5m transfer two years ago.

Promising youngsters Stephen Darby and Jay Spearing have also having agreed new three-year deals as Benitez moves swiftly to try and ensure the bulk of his current squad remains intact ahead of the coming season.

Although £16m Glen Johnson remains Liverpool’s one signing so far this summer, Benitez has retained the services of Reds stars Steven Gerrard, Fernando Torres, Daniel Agger and Dirk Kuyt with all four having committed themselves to new long term contracts.

Benitez said: “We had to guarantee the future of the club first and then afterwards if you can improve then you must try to do so.

“This meant that the first thing we had to do this summer was to guarantee the futures of some of the players who are already here and we are happy that we have been able to do this in so many cases.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2009/07/06/yossi-benayoun-agrees-new-liverpool-fc-deal-100252-24084703/

Topic locked. I'll reopen if he changes his mind or it goes to pot.

Quick Reply