Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Concerts

Read 195896 times
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: Concerts
      Reply #207: Jul 04, 2009 02:25:15 pm
      Each to their own young Mags but...... leaving out The Specials? Sweet Jaysus man, what sort of mad, drink filled, shroom eating, half a fecking eejit are you?!  ;D

True legends mate.

Did you watch them at Glasto mate? They were cracking.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #208: Jul 04, 2009 03:43:29 pm

Yeah robbo, pure class. I've been signing 'Ghost Town' every day since and it wasn't even my favourite Specials tune.  ;D

Did you notice how often Terry Hall rubbed his hooter? He must have got some powder or something stuck up it.  ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2009/artists/specials/

@ Mags ...... check out The Gaslight Anthem on the O2 stage, (earlyish) Saturday 15:00 .....cracking band.
      « Last Edit: Jul 06, 2009 08:08:52 pm by bad boy bubby »
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #209: Jul 04, 2009 03:52:00 pm
      Yeah robbo, pure class. I've been signing 'Ghost Town' every day since and it wasn't even my favourite Specials tune.  ;D

Did you notice how often Terry Hall rubbed his hooter? He must have got some powder or something stuck up it.  ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2009/artists/specials/

:D

Grumpy f**ker Terry ain't he!

Rat Race is my favourite.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #210: Jul 04, 2009 04:28:06 pm
      :D

Grumpy f**ker Terry ain't he!

Rat Race is my favourite.

'Message To You Rudy' (15:20) for me..... followed by 'Do Nothing'  class! ..... ;D
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #211: Jul 05, 2009 11:39:00 am

I did mate best uk band today well after Oasis
      hold 51
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      Reply #212: Jul 06, 2009 07:58:07 pm
      Went to see Bryan Adams in an acoustic set, pure gold, acoustic separates the musicians from the over produced wannabees!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #213: Jul 07, 2009 02:10:50 am
      Should be able to order my tickets to go see Paul Weller again on wednesday. Playing at Portsmouth Guildhall on 8th December.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #214: Jul 07, 2009 04:24:44 pm
      Neyo was unbelievable last night, great performer.
      hold 51
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      Reply #215: Jul 07, 2009 07:40:25 pm
      got tickets for U2 at Don valley stadium in August  good times!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #216: Jul 07, 2009 07:41:18 pm
      2..... more......days
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #217: Jul 07, 2009 11:01:35 pm
      Glad you had a good one aw1.

Mags! James Morrison ahead of Doves?  :o

paulrobbo, did you get your Kasabian tickets? Think there's some left for the Echo Arena  ;) Was advertised on Radio City today.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #218: Jul 07, 2009 11:05:53 pm

Cheers RK.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #219: Jul 08, 2009 12:26:35 am
      Mags! James Morrison ahead of Doves?  :o

James Morrison is immense :D. Doves are pretty decent so they are but they are on at the same time as Bloc Party and well.... They ain't going to win that battle :P
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #220: Jul 08, 2009 12:50:58 am
      James Morrison is immense :D. Doves are pretty decent so they are but they are on at the same time as Bloc Party and well.... They ain't going to win that battle :P

Fair play. Looking forward to your many tales and pics when you get back!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #221: Jul 08, 2009 08:43:02 am
      I'm only heading down for two days (Sat & Sun) so I'll miss Dreadzone, Spinnerette and Pendulum. Bands I intend taking in are:

Saturday:

The Gaslight Anthem - A mighty fine Rock band from NJ. You'll be hearing more about 'em.
      In Case Of Fire - From my hometown (caught them at Glasto, nice n heavy, Muse like)
      Eagles of Death Metal - Don't be put off by the name (no D.M. in sight), a class act.
      Yeah Yeah Yeahs - An act that has got better n better. They give it their all.  
      Doves - A fantastic 'Festival' band, worth seeing for 'There Goes The Fear' alone.
      Kings Of Leon - I first caught the Kings, many moons ago (13 July 2003) at this Festival along with another 450 people! World's best at the mo'.

Sunday:

Ocean Colour Scene - A great kick-start to Sunday, they always go down a treat @ Oxegen
      Noisettes - My good lady wants to see 'em!
      The Specials - Stop your messing around.....True musical legends, nuff said.
      Jane's Addiction - Never thought I'd get this chance, must take it.
      Nine Inch Nails and or The Twang - One band I've never seen (NIN) - The Twang love the crowd here/ the crowd love The Twang....a great end to a great day!
      « Last Edit: Jul 08, 2009 09:01:14 am by bad boy bubby »
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #222: Jul 13, 2009 04:07:55 pm
      I can die now....

Oxegen is easily the best damn thing that's ever happened to me. Went to see;

Thursday

The Scooby Doo's - Some little known band not advertised and we named them hte scooby doo's because they kept saying scooby dooby doo :D

Friday

The Coronas - Simply spectacular with San Diego song and with Heroes and Ghosts, and the others where really good too, will be as big as Snow Patrol some day

Snow Patrol - Amazing singer, and a really good performer. He has that Irish charm when talking to the crowd and even invited members of the crowd up to sing, really enjoyed them despite being a long way back

BLUR! - Best individual performance, best overall performance, best show put on, best singing talent, best at getting the crowd going. After watching them, I was literally speechless. If you have not seen Blur live then you simply have not lived.

Saturday

James Morrison - What a great singer he is, simply sat back and enjoyed it without getting too pumped up or anything

Eagles of Death Metal - Was impressed (as expected) Thought that they really got the crowd going more than anything, not the best voice in the world but still class

Bloc Party - Wow... Fantastic so it was tbh, last 3 songs stole the show, Silent Alarm, Flux and of course Helicopter which was easily the best of their songs in that the crowd where more into it.

King's of Leon - Was right at the fence for this so I was, not in the pit because it was turned to absolute muck by then, and I was not about to que up to get into it and sacrifise my kick ass postition. They where not great interactors with the crowd and the way they ended it was strange as it was a song that's coming out soon that was played last and not Use Somebody which was before it. But ever song was sung to perfection. My throat was killing me after as they where the band I was most looking forward too before I went and realised that Blur are just unreal

And also had a peek into The Saturdays just to have a looksie, I was impressed to say the least.

Sunday

Lady Gaga - I was very impressed despite her spending most of the time getting changed. Poker Face stole the show as she done like a piano version into the real one. She is a very talented musician and not just another blond who dances around.

The Killers - Came so close to beating Blur... They are another band that you HAVE too see live or you have not lived. They seem to love Ireland which was great and they spoke a bit of Irish and all. Branden Fraiser was awesome so he was in terms of singing and in terms of being a showman. All these things that I've done blew me away, and the ending with When You Where Young was a great way to close down Oxegen 2009

Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #223: Jul 13, 2009 04:09:01 pm
      I can die now....

Thursday

The Scooby Doo's - Some little known band not advertised and we named them hte scooby doo's because they kept saying scooby dooby doo :D

Friday

The Coronas - Simply spectacular with San Diego song and with Heroes and Ghosts, and the others where really good too, will be as big as Snow Patrol some day

Snow Patrol - Amazing singer, and a really good performer. He has that Irish charm when talking to the crowd and even invited members of the crowd up to sing, really enjoyed them despite being a long way back

BLUR! - Best individual performance, best overall performance, best show put on, best singing talent, best at getting the crowd going. After watching them, I was literally speechless. If you have not seen Blur live then you simply have not lived.

Saturday

James Morrison - What a great singer he is, simply sat back and enjoyed it without getting too pumped up or anything

Eagles of Death Metal - Was impressed (as expected) Thought that they really got the crowd going more than anything, not the best voice in the world but still class

Bloc Party - Wow... Fantastic so it was tbh, last 3 songs stole the show, Silent Alarm, Flux and of course Helicopter which was easily the best of their songs in that the crowd where more into it.

King's of Leon - Was right at the fence for this so I was, not in the pit because it was turned to absolute muck by then, and I was not about to que up to get into it and sacrifise my kick ass postition. They where not great interactors with the crowd and the way they ended it was strange as it was a song that's coming out soon that was played last and not Use Somebody which was before it. But ever song was sung to perfection. My throat was killing me after as they where the band I was most looking forward too before I went and realised that Blur are just unreal

And also had a peek into The Saturdays just to have a looksie, I was impressed to say the least.

Sunday

Lady Gaga - I was very impressed despite her spending most of the time getting changed. Poker Face stole the show as she done like a piano version into the real one. She is a very talented musician and not just another blond who dances around.

The Killers - Came so close to beating Blur... They are another band that you HAVE too see live or you have not lived. They seem to love Ireland which was great and they spoke a bit of Irish and all. Branden Fraiser was awesome so he was in terms of singing and in terms of being a showman. All these things that I've done blew me away, and the ending with When You Where Young was a great way to close down Oxegen 2009

I take it you enjoyed yourself?
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #224: Jul 13, 2009 04:12:44 pm

I think you mean Brandon Flowers. Brandon Fraser is the guy of the Mummy movies. :D

Anyway, glad to hear you had a great time. It sounded like a brilliant line up.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #225: Jul 13, 2009 04:20:53 pm

C'mon lad, can't be gettin' Bloc Party track names wrong when I'm around! :D Silent Alarm is the name of the first album, which song did you mean?
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #226: Jul 13, 2009 05:00:44 pm
      I take it you enjoyed yourself?

Very much so :lmao: Still really really drunk tbh and had around an hour sleep each day, but none today

I think you mean Brandon Flowers. Brandon Fraser is the guy of the Mummy movies. :D

Anyway, glad to hear you had a great time. It sounded like a brilliant line up.

:lmao: I don't know why I said Fraser tbh... Lack of sleep most likely

C'mon lad, can't be gettin' Bloc Party track names wrong when I'm around! :D Silent Alarm is the name of the first album, which song did you mean?

Urgh, It was actually "The Prayer" that they played.... I think I really need some bed
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #227: Jul 13, 2009 05:18:15 pm
       :laughing-smiley-014:

Aye, get some shut eye mate! :f_zzz:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #228: Jul 13, 2009 06:43:17 pm
      I can die now....

Ha ha, nice one young fella. First taste of blood but i promise you there's plenty more where that came from and then some.  >:D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #229: Jul 13, 2009 09:58:25 pm
      Sounds like you had a boss time there Mags, good one...glad you enjoyed it, still suffering though eh  :laugh:

Quick Reply