Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 12th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Concerts

Read 197707 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Concerts
      Reply #506: Apr 30, 2011 12:36:56 pm
      They're not for me really. I loved Megadeth as a kid and to a lesser extent, Metallica. Never been a fan of Slayer or Anthrax and nowadays, I'm pretty indifferent towards all 4.
      In fact, looking at that line-up, I'd put all of these bands ahead of them in terms of wanting to see them!

Slipknot
      Biffy Clyro
      Weezer
      Architects
      Gallows
      In Flames
      One Minute Silence
      Four Year Strong
      Cancer Bats
      Inme
      Kylesa
      Orange Goblin

as well as Rolo Tomassi, for non-musical reasons....

:D
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #507: Apr 30, 2011 01:54:31 pm
      They're not for me really. I loved Megadeth as a kid and to a lesser extent, Metallica. Never been a fan of Slayer or Anthrax and nowadays, I'm pretty indifferent towards all 4.
      In fact, looking at that line-up, I'd put all of these bands ahead of them in terms of wanting to see them!

Slipknot
      Biffy Clyro
      Weezer
      Architects
      Gallows
      In Flames
      One Minute Silence
      Four Year Strong
      Cancer Bats
      Inme
      Kylesa
      Orange Goblin

as well as Rolo Tomassi, for non-musical reasons....

:D

Couldn't really see going tbh. With the limited time I have there are very few bands I'll make the time for anymore.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,338 posts | 2837 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #508: May 03, 2011 06:21:21 pm
      Teenage Fanclub next week!

Going to buy my ticket soon.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #509: May 11, 2011 12:10:43 pm
      Just found out that Glassjaw are playing at the Sugarmill in August. It's a 250 capacity venue within walking distance of my house!  :clap: :action-smiley-035:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,338 posts | 2837 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #510: May 11, 2011 04:18:26 pm
      Teenage Fanclub next week!

Going to buy my ticket soon.

Got it   8) Gonna be tomorrow night!
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #511: May 11, 2011 05:06:23 pm
      Nice one, Diego. Should be a really good show. Who is the support band?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,338 posts | 2837 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #512: May 13, 2011 06:21:23 am
      There was no support band mate. But the concert was f***in amazing.

They didn't play Neil Jung which was a song I was really looking forward to but they did play my favorite song RADIO, that was a big surprise cause they didn't play this one the night before in São Paulo (I saw the setlist before going to the concert).

Teenage Fanclub are such an amazing band, I really don't understand how one could not like them.

This song, for example:

Teenage Fanclub - The Concept (audio only)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #513: May 13, 2011 06:50:03 pm
      There was no support band mate. But the concert was f***in amazing.

Teenage Fanclub are such an amazing band, I really don't understand how one could not like them.

Nice one Diego. On the back of your post I went looking through some of my 'fanclub stuff. Here are a couple of my favourites:

The Man Who Was Too Loud - Frank Black & Teenage Fanclub

Teenage Fanclub & De La Soul-Fallin
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #514: May 13, 2011 06:52:45 pm
      Judgment Night, I was listening to that album an hour ago! Spooky.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,338 posts | 2837 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #515: May 13, 2011 07:07:23 pm
      Nice one Diego. On the back of your post I went looking through some of my 'fanclub stuff. Here are a couple of my favourites:

The Man Who Was Too Loud - Frank Black & Teenage Fanclub

Teenage Fanclub & De La Soul-Fallin

Love this one with Frank Black as well, better than the original!
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #516: May 20, 2011 12:03:34 am
      Flogging Molly are coming to Eugene June 1st! Just bought myself a couple tickets, can't wait ;D

http://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=192235&

If you're interested.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,338 posts | 2837 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #517: May 20, 2011 06:17:04 pm
      Paul McCartney in Rio this Sunday!

Saw him last year in São Paulo, but it seems that he liked it here so much (made so much money) that he came back to the country only 5 months later, this time to my city.

I wasn't really excited to this one cause I saw him not so long ago, but now I'm starting to! Only 2 days left.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #518: May 20, 2011 06:47:26 pm
      Paul McCartney in Rio this Sunday!

Saw him last year in São Paulo, but it seems that he liked it here so much (made so much money) that he came back to the country only 5 months later, this time to my city.

I wasn't really excited to this one cause I saw him not so long ago, but now I'm starting to! Only 2 days left.

Nice Diego....I'll never forget when I saw him live at Anfield a couple of years ago, he was amazing  :) have a wonderful time.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,338 posts | 2837 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #519: May 23, 2011 06:09:02 pm
      Another amazing concert from Sir Paul McCartney last night... it wasn't as exciting for me as the first one considering both concerts were very similar and especially because I was in a worse place (last year I was really really close to the stage), but I had a great time anyway. Couldn't hold the tears in 'Here Today', a song he dedicated to his friend John, that made me think of my friend Carol. It was also special to listen to 'Ive Just Seen a Face' again, as it was her favorite Beatles song (and my favorite as well).

He's playing in Rio again tonight. Wish I could go there again, I'll never get tired of a good Macca concert ;D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,338 posts | 2837 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #520: May 24, 2011 03:20:15 pm
      Did something 'crazy' last night... ! A friend of mine convinced me of going to the stadium where Paul was playing again last night and try to get a ticket in a cut price from a desperate seller. I don't know the term in English to those bas**rds who buy a lot of tickets and then sell them for a much higher price, but in portuguese it's "cambista".

So I left work at around 19:40, arrived at the stadium 1 hour later (20:40), and then started our search for a ticket. The show was scheduled to start at 21:30, so we had very little time to do so. After being offered tickets for R$ 200, R$ 150, R$ 100 and other big figures, we said we only had R$ 50 so that was the most we were paying for a ticket.

This 'cambista' complained, said we were trying to f**k him, but we stood by it so after complaining for a while, he finally gave up - he realized he would end up with the ticket so it would be better to cut his losses. The original value on the ticket says R$ 180 (£63.38), so to watch a Paul McCartney concert for only R$ 50 (£19) and also to f**k one of those scumbags called 'cambistas' was very pleasant!

Had another fantastic night ;D Saw Macca 3 times in only a few months time.
      « Last Edit: May 24, 2011 03:29:33 pm by Diego LFC »
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Reply #521: May 24, 2011 03:26:16 pm
      Well Done Diego about time those cambista's got ripped off  :lmao:
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #522: May 24, 2011 03:27:06 pm
      Haha, nice one mate.

We call them Ticket Touts.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #523: May 25, 2011 09:12:16 am
      For Slane this Saturday and it's 30th Anniversary gig. It's always been a special place for me and I've always had me a good time.

Kings Of Leon are headlining with  The Whigs, Mona, White Lies, Thin Lizzy (1st ever headline act) and Elbow on the under-card.

Not that the bill matters too much as it's the whole day - travel, bar-b-que on the banks of the Boyne, meeting folk and partying and (of course) the gig it's self in the best outdoor setting ever! - that makes Slane special  ;D

U2 Beautiful Day - Live @ Slane Castle
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #524: May 28, 2011 10:27:18 am
      For Slane this Saturday and it's 30th Anniversary gig. It's always been a special place for me and I've always had me a good time.

Kings Of Leon are headlining with  The Whigs, Mona, White Lies, Thin Lizzy (1st ever headline act) and Elbow on the under-card.

Not that the bill matters too much as it's the whole day - travel, bar-b-que on the banks of the Boyne, meeting folk and partying and (of course) the gig it's self in the best outdoor setting ever! - that makes Slane special  ;D

U2 Beautiful Day - Live @ Slane Castle

I shall be there too!! Should be a good day though even though the line up could have been better. ;D
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #525: May 29, 2011 04:54:52 pm
      Slane was alright, could have been a bit better. KOL didn't stay on for as long as I'd have hoped. Ah well, had a good day anyway! ;D

Had someone sing the Maxi chant at me too ha!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #526: May 29, 2011 08:43:05 pm
      Slane was alright, could have been a bit better. KOL didn't stay on for as long as I'd have hoped. Ah well, had a good day anyway! ;D

Had someone sing the Maxi chant at me too ha!

The line up was sh*te IO. Thin Lizzy - W.T.F? Elbow - boring as F**k.

Had me a great day though and got a good 'We Won It Five Times" chant going on the walk back to the Car Park. ;D
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #527: May 29, 2011 10:52:38 pm
      The line up was sh*te IO. Thin Lizzy - W.T.F? Elbow - boring as f**k.

Had me a great day though and got a good 'We Won It Five Times" chant going on the walk back to the Car Park. ;D

Line up was pretty sh*te yeah, but I like Elbow. Thin Lizzy I'm not a fan off, and not a fan of the other shitty support acts. Yeah I still had a good day regardless of the line up though. ;D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #528: Jun 02, 2011 05:33:37 pm

Only just saw this mate, cheers though!!

Concert was awesome! They are such an entertaining band, lots of energy - drummer been playing with a broken hand of late as well, pretty impressive!

Probably my favorite one live - this isn't from last night obviously, but same old same old :D

Flogging Molly "Float" - Live At The Greek Theatre DVD

Quick Reply