Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Concerts

Read 191465 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Concerts
      Reply #1012: Jul 08, 2017 05:02:02 pm
      Next up for me (at the moment anyhow)... Stiff Little Fingers in Belfast then the Foos in Berlin. 😁
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1013: Jul 09, 2017 06:02:50 pm
      Kasabian at the TRNSMT festival in Glasgow last night were also fantastic. A great week of live music for me.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1014: Aug 24, 2017 11:57:05 am
      Next up for me (at the moment anyhow)... Stiff Little Fingers in Belfast then the Foos in Berlin. 😁

Now reads... O.C.S. [Coral/Jackals] Friday... S.L.F. [Stranglers/Outcasts] Saturday then off to Berlin Lollapalooza for The Foos - a top class couple of weeks right there.  ;D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1015: Aug 24, 2017 01:16:12 pm
      Now reads... O.C.S. [Coral/Jackals] Friday... S.L.F. [Stranglers/Outcasts] Saturday then off to Berlin Lollapalooza for The Foos - a top class couple of weeks right there.  ;D

Saw SLFC in Chester last week - they were fantastic. I was genuinely surprised and impressed to see 40/50/60 year olds in a mosh pit!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1016: Aug 24, 2017 01:36:05 pm
      I was genuinely surprised and impressed to see 40/50/60 year olds in a mosh pit!

Aww bless. We old farts invented the F***ing things.  ;D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1017: Aug 24, 2017 02:35:42 pm
      Aww bless. We old farts invented the f**king things.  ;D

Haha I know ;D but in Rio, even older bands such as SLF are generally attended by younger audiences. In Chester I was one of probably only 10 people who were under 30. So before the concert I was a bit afraid the crowd would be a bit quiet, but I was clearly wrong. First chord started and people went nuts!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1018: Aug 24, 2017 04:54:31 pm

Had to work so can't get to OCS.

Moseley Shoals album in full isn't it?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1019: Aug 25, 2017 04:07:41 pm
      Had to work so can't get to OCS.

Moseley Shoals album in full isn't it?

They did that earlier in the year at the Limelight Si; dunno if it's the same tour tbh.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1020: Aug 25, 2017 04:10:38 pm
      First chord started and people went nuts!

You never lose it buddy... 20, 30, 40 years from now your passion will still be there. If it's not; if you wake up some morning liking C&W or, worse still Coldplay... time to quit this mortal coil. 😎😊
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1021: Aug 25, 2017 04:28:34 pm
      You never lose it buddy... 20, 30, 40 years from now your passion will still be there. If it's not; if you wake up some morning liking C&W or, worse still Coldplay... time to quit this mortal coil. 😎😊
      Me, wife and my two boys going to see Coldplay on Monday. :D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1022: Aug 25, 2017 09:27:21 pm
      They did that earlier in the year at the Limelight Si; dunno if it's the same tour tbh.

Just had a look.

It is. Enjoy.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #1023: Aug 29, 2017 10:01:13 pm
      Took my beloved to see KT Tunstall and her band last week.. brilliant voice.. great set..
      Our eldest got back from Leeds festival yesterday.. a bit worse for wear and stunk to high heaven I might add ;D He said that Kasabian and Bastille were Fooking ace !! ( his words not mine ;D)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1024: Aug 29, 2017 10:05:22 pm
      Saw Coldplay last night in Miami. Say what you will about them, they put on an awesome show.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1025: Sep 08, 2017 04:49:41 am
      Went to the hollywood bowl twice in the last few weeks to see the Los Angeles Philharmonic perform Holst's "The Planets" and also for John Williams conducting a load of his film scores...Star Wars, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones and a ton of others... Both brilliant.
      Later this year I have Depeche Mode (hollywood bowl), Coldplay (rose bowl), elbow (wiltern), nick mulvey (troubadour) and perhaps Eric Clapton (forum)
      Phew!
      Might also fit in The War on Drugs (Greek Amphitheater) and Alison Moyet.
      Some great ones to look forward to.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1026: Sep 08, 2017 04:31:07 pm
      So Public Service Broadcasting are playing here next friday,small club,all ages,no alcohol gig.So i don't mind some of their stuff but a whole show with all the camera phone bollox, and no beer?? What do y'all think,worth it?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1027: Sep 08, 2017 04:45:21 pm
      So Public Service Broadcasting are playing here next friday,small club,all ages,no alcohol gig.So i don't mind some of their stuff but a whole show with all the camera phone bollox, and no beer?? What do y'all think,worth it?

Was in a bar near Sutton last month mate watching a game with Bernie, all was going well the boys had scored, had a few pints when all these kids came in from the local college. Most of them couldn't drink with laws in the states so they did what kids do - make a F***ing nuisance of themselves.
      Couldn't hear yourself think and there was F***ing mayhem, soon as the game finished we were out of there, imagine the gig would be similar.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1028: Sep 09, 2017 08:51:40 pm
      So gig update... Foos in Berlin tomorrow night (fly 07.30 am) but didn't my good lady go and get tix for Rolling Stones in Munich on Tuesday 2 x €143 for £100 the pair - get in.

Gonna be hectic but F**k it - here for a good time not a long time. 😊
      « Last Edit: Sep 09, 2017 08:57:17 pm by bad boy bubby »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1029: Sep 09, 2017 09:06:30 pm
      Saw Coldplay last night in Miami. Say what you will about them, they put on an awesome show.

Saw one of their gigs last year and they are very crowd pleasing. But I have to say I much preferred them when I saw them on the Viva La Vida tour 9 years ago. Aside from being a far better band back then they weren't so overbearing in their desire to please the audience whereas on their latest tour they assault you with hit after hit after hit accompanied by fireworks, flashing wristbands, confetti and flame throwers. Exhilarating at the time but exhausting overall. I always feel the best concerts are those in which you leave knowing a little bit more about the act you've just seen - the ability to surprise and give the audience something unexpected as opposed to just giving them what they want.

Went to the hollywood bowl twice in the last few weeks to see the Los Angeles Philharmonic perform Holst's "The Planets" and also for John Williams conducting a load of his film scores...Star Wars, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones and a ton of others... Both brilliant.
      Later this year I have Depeche Mode (hollywood bowl), Coldplay (rose bowl), elbow (wiltern), nick mulvey (troubadour) and perhaps Eric Clapton (forum)
      Phew!
      Might also fit in The War on Drugs (Greek Amphitheater) and Alison Moyet.
      Some great ones to look forward to.

That's a fine and diverse list of gigs there. Would love to see Holst's planets on the basis of Jupiter alone! I'm no classical buff but that gets the juices flowing!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1030: Oct 27, 2017 01:50:18 am
      Saw Depeche Mode at the hollywood bowl last week.
      First half was a lot of the newer stuff which was ok. The second half was all mid 80’s to early 2000’s....and that was epic. Great to have finally seen them in concert. Even got to meet Martin Gore afterwards! Nice little fella with a ton of eye liner on!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1031: Nov 04, 2017 12:22:21 am
      Kasabian at the O2 in December, should be good
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1032: Nov 04, 2017 10:26:03 am
      Kasabian at the O2 in December, should be good

One of the best concerts I've been to,  unbelievable live band Kasabian.

Saw The Floyd Effect last night on the Brindley in Runcorn, Jesus H Christ what an experience, close your eyes and you were there back in the day.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #1033: Nov 08, 2017 01:29:11 pm
      Y&T in Belfast tonight and then Alice Cooper in Dublin tomorrow.  Not a big fan of Alice Cooper tbh but any excuse for a piss up in Dublin.  Y&T on the other hand, without a doubt one of the best live bands I've ever heard.  Cannot F***ing wait!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1034: Nov 08, 2017 01:32:35 pm
      Saw one of their gigs last year and they are very crowd pleasing. But I have to say I much preferred them when I saw them on the Viva La Vida tour 9 years ago. Aside from being a far better band back then they weren't so overbearing in their desire to please the audience whereas on their latest tour they assault you with hit after hit after hit accompanied by fireworks, flashing wristbands, confetti and flame throwers. Exhilarating at the time but exhausting overall. I always feel the best concerts are those in which you leave knowing a little bit more about the act you've just seen - the ability to surprise and give the audience something unexpected as opposed to just giving them what they want.

I don't disagree, but as the dad of a 14 and 12 year old that were also at the show...they had an absolute  blast and to me that was worth it. My oldest loves them and I can think of a lot worse music or bands he could be into at that age. So yea, maybe some of that stuff is a bit cheesy, but I have to admit, overall it was FUN and to me that's  what's missing from a lot of bands these days.

Now, if you want to see someone that hits the nail on the head for your description above (a surprise and something unexpected), go to a Pearl Jam show. They will knock your socks off every time, guaranteed and they still don't bow down to anyone ;)

Quick Reply