Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Black Friday - Shopping

Read 1446 times
      imcfitz
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 233 posts |
      Black Friday - Shopping
      Nov 26, 2010 12:25:29 pm
      Hey guys,

Its black friday, the day after thanksgiving in the US. It's apparently the biggest sales day of the year in America. Anyone know of any good online us stores?

Only sites I have found decent so far are
      http://www.gamestop.ie
      http://www.apple.co.uk
      www.amazon.com

gamestop doing one hour only offers for another 11 hrs, some decent ones so far but as for the other two not much tickling my fancy. Only thing i was hoping for on apple site was an iphone but they have discounted all but iphones :P

amazon on the other hand will take a bit of surfing before i make my mind up.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Re: Black Friday - Shopping
      Reply #1: Nov 26, 2010 12:45:07 pm
      I had a look at the Apple store earlier.  Not much took my fancy though.

Do the US not have traditional Boxing Day sales then?  Seems a cracking idea to have the sales on before Christmas.
      imcfitz
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 233 posts |
      Reply #2: Nov 26, 2010 12:46:54 pm
      not too sure if they do boxing day sales but i know todays is deffo their biggest one. Have been loooking for presents for the missus online, gonna try places like tiffanys and maceys there in a while, not sure about the shipping though. know ppl coming home from states soon so cud always get the stuff delivered to them
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #3: Nov 26, 2010 06:14:13 pm
      I had a look at the Apple store earlier.  Not much took my fancy though.

Do the US not have traditional Boxing Day sales then?  Seems a cracking idea to have the sales on before Christmas.

The US don't even call it Boxing Day, missus had no idea what i was talking about the first time i said that.

This is, from what i can gather since living here, THE biggest sales day of the year. It's nuts. Some person even got killed a couple years ago, trampled as people barged into the stores. Pretty sad.

I just went on Amazon and picked up a couple cheap blu's, could not be arsed going to the actual stores at 4am. F**k that.

Quick Reply