Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

PS3 Audio Problem

Read 3151 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      PS3 Audio Problem
      Jun 16, 2009 12:17:44 pm
      For some reason when all 3 coloured plugs have been put into the scart cable at the back of the TV the sound doesn't work.

When I pull out the red plug however, the sound works - although I'm guessing this means only the (L) audio is working as it's only the white plug that's in for audio.

Does anybody have any idea why this is? The problem has only started today, it's been fine in the past. And it's definately not a problem with the TV because I've tried just watching programmes and the audio is fine.

Is there damage to the red plug or something which means audio doesn't play at all when it is in the scart cable?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: PS3 Audio Problem
      Reply #1: Jun 16, 2009 12:32:59 pm
      Is the Scart plug with the 3 coloured plugs slightly miss alined in the tele? Take it out and gently, but firmly push it in. ::) Same at the PS3 end too.
      Try swapping the white and red plugs and see what happens.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      Reply #2: Jun 16, 2009 12:34:15 pm
      Are you using the scart adapter for the PS3 or straight in to the tele's Y,R,W, sockets?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #3: Jun 16, 2009 12:38:13 pm
      I'm using a scart adapter. I've tried swapping the red and white round and nothing happens. I've tried taking it out of the TV and the PS3 and plugging it back in again and nothing has happened.

Last night I took the PS3 round to a mates house and on his TV you don't have to use an adapter. I don't think that would affect anything though would it?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      Reply #4: Jun 16, 2009 12:45:38 pm
      Sorry my friend, really do not know then. May be the wires, as you first felt. I guess you can pick 3rd party ones for a few pounds. As a last but pain in the arse test, Have you tried a different tele? Or ask a PS3 friend, if you could try their wires/adapter.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      Reply #5: Jun 16, 2009 12:47:29 pm
      I'm using a scart adapter. I've tried swapping the red and white round and nothing happens. I've tried taking it out of the TV and the PS3 and plugging it back in again and nothing has happened.

Last night I took the PS3 round to a mates house and on his TV you don't have to use an adapter. I don't think that would affect anything though would it?

Try checking the audio options on the PS3, may have defaulted something.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #6: Jun 16, 2009 12:54:22 pm
      Right I'll have a look at the audio settings now, cheers mate.

EDIT: Nope, nothing wrong there, default setting is the scart cable output.

It's pretty strange how it the audio works when I just leave the red plug out but doesn't when it's in. I don't understand how that is affecting it.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      Reply #7: Jun 16, 2009 01:14:37 pm
      Either the wires or adapter. I think. but that is no real help sorry. But do try a different tele. Good luck.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #8: Jun 16, 2009 01:59:06 pm
      Either the wires or adapter. I think. but that is no real help sorry. But do try a different tele. Good luck.

Thanks for your help anyway mate, really appreciated.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #9: Jun 16, 2009 02:12:21 pm
      For some reason when all 3 coloured plugs have been put into the scart cable at the back of the TV the sound doesn't work.

When I pull out the red plug however, the sound works - although I'm guessing this means only the (L) audio is working as it's only the white plug that's in for audio.

Does anybody have any idea why this is? The problem has only started today, it's been fine in the past. And it's definately not a problem with the TV because I've tried just watching programmes and the audio is fine.

Is there damage to the red plug or something which means audio doesn't play at all when it is in the scart cable?

I thought only the yellow carried the video and the red and white carried left and right audio channels.  I've got HDMI but I use one of those scart things to connect it to a video sender and when I plug it in the PS3 automatically swaps from HDMI to Scart.

All I can suggest is that you try things one by one.

Take your cable round to a mates and try to plug the scart in to his tele.

Or even try plugging your scart through a DVD player to your tele that way and see if the sound works (picture will be sh*t because of anti-piracy software).

You can get HDMI-DVI connectors to plug your PS3 in to a computer monitor as well which is a good feature IMO for High Def when you haven't got a HD Tele.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #10: Jun 16, 2009 02:30:59 pm
      Thanks a lot JD.

To be honest, it's not affecting my gameplay at the moment because the picture is still perfect and I can still have audio by simply pulling out the red lead from the scart cable.

I just thought it was strange how this had suddenly happened, and I'm guessing the sound quality would be better if I could plug both the white and red in.

Quick Reply