Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

FFS Whats happenin?

Read 4810 times
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      FFS Whats happenin?
      Feb 13, 2007 09:53:50 pm
      Can't believe what i've just read, two of our best players, possibly THE BEST have been selected for a European XI  to play a f*cking charity match against a full strength Manc team on the 13th March, right in the middle of our PL and CL campaign !!  Just you watch, we'll pickup injuries or one of them manc t*ats will try to sabotage our CL progress.  It really makes me mad this. and for what ??  It could easily of been left till the end of the season grrr... >:(
      Read on

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=447920&CPID=8&clid=1&lid=&title=Reds+duo+confirmed+for+Europe
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Re: FFS Whats happenin?
      Reply #1: Feb 13, 2007 10:09:11 pm
      Can't believe what I've just read, two of our best players, possibly THE BEST have been selected for a European XI  to play a f*cking charity match against a full strength Manc team on the 13th March, right in the middle of our PL and CL campaign !!  Just you watch, we'll pickup injuries or one of them manc t*ats will try to sabotage our CL progress.  It really makes me mad this. and for what ??  It could easily of been left till the end of the season grrr... >:(
      Read on

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=447920&CPID=8&clid=1&lid=&title=Reds+duo+confirmed+for+Europe

and all this to 'celebrate' Moan Urinals 50th anniversary in Europe.
      your right smiggs WTF ???
      Kernow-Kop
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 80 posts |
      Reply #2: Feb 13, 2007 10:15:18 pm
       can think of better times to play it............

like NEVER!!!   >:(    F*"KING SCUM b******ds

is there a list of the rest of the team? or is it just gerrard & carra vs the scum  ;D
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3: Feb 13, 2007 11:06:49 pm
      UCH annoying. It was like that European Club Cup thing last year!!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #4: Feb 14, 2007 12:43:17 am
      What a f*cking stupid time to play that! Although It would be boss to see Gerrard or Carra get the winning goal and see them taking the pisss....
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #5: Feb 14, 2007 01:21:26 am
       Liverpool duo Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher are to join David Beckham in representing Europe for next month's celebration game against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Marcello Lippi is to take charge of the Europe XI, who face United in a match to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the club's first participation in European competition and of a united Europe.

Beckham's return to Old Trafford on 13th March is sure to occupy plenty of column inches, with the Real Madrid midfielder having spoken of a willingness to play in a game that will see all of the proceeds going to charity.

"I'm happy to know I'm going to play on 13th March," said Beckham. "It will be something special to go back to Old Trafford and I'm really looking forward to it."

Rearranged Premiership matches for the following day mean Lippi will be shorn of talent that would otherwise have been available from both Arsenal and Chelsea but Liverpool have welcomed the involvement of their players.

"It is an honour for our club that two of our players have been selected to represent Europe," said Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez.

"I know that they feel very privileged to be in the team and that they will enjoy playing alongside the top players from other clubs.

"It will be a nice experience for them and one I am sure they will remember with pleasure in years to come."

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has pledged to play a full-strength line-up, in a game which could see Henrik Larsson make a farewell appearance.

Let's look at this another way.  If they intend playing a full strength team then they too could pick up some 'knocks' towards the end of the season.

Gerrard might like being in the limelight but I bet you Carragher would like to tell them to fu*k off
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #6: Feb 14, 2007 01:23:01 am
      Can't believe what I've just read, two of our best players, possibly THE BEST have been selected for a European XI  .....

Thought you meant Pennant for a minute. ::)
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #7: Feb 14, 2007 04:30:20 pm
      fingers crossed stevie n carra make it out okay
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #8: Feb 14, 2007 05:23:09 pm
      So has anyone come across the europe XI side yet? I'm just curious to know what other brilliant players from other sides have been selected at such an important time of the season. It's not like Beckham is in any vital plans for Real Madrid is it....
      mingles
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      • GOD, THE NATION AND LIVERPOOL
      Reply #9: Feb 14, 2007 05:23:41 pm
      yea man,i thiunk its not right time for our players to be playing United.Hope Steve n carra come out alright.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #10: Feb 14, 2007 06:08:50 pm
      A Manc Scum tribute? Sheesh, what a waste of time.
      Cy
      Reply #11: Feb 14, 2007 07:07:10 pm
      If I'm right it's LIPPI who will coach the European side, he knows more then anybody what needs to be done, carra and stevie won't probably play more then 40 minutes.

Instead of moaning about a game who is for a good cause, CHARITY,you should supporting it, if that game was for anything touching the club I doubt to see too many voices against. okay it's against united at old trafford so what! an other opportunity to beat them..

We should be proud to have two of our players been selected for Europe, if they didn't want to play they would say so..it is not compulsory to play that game, they certainly been asked and are delighted to do so, so let show a bit of support ..
      « Last Edit: Feb 14, 2007 07:09:24 pm by Cy »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #12: Feb 14, 2007 07:41:46 pm
      If I'm right it's LIPPI who will coach the European side, he knows more then anybody what needs to be done, carra and stevie won't probably play more then 40 minutes.

Instead of moaning about a game who is for a good cause, CHARITY,you should supporting it, if that game was for anything touching the club I doubt to see too many voices against. okay it's against united at old trafford so what! an other opportunity to beat them..

We should be proud to have two of our players been selected for Europe, if they didn't want to play they would say so..it is not compulsory to play that game, they certainly been asked and are delighted to do so, so let show a bit of support ..

Errr.......No !!  Would you be saying that if either of them pick up and injury ?  We have a lot of important games ahead of us and LFC winning comes before any Charity Game that can be played out of season.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #13: Feb 14, 2007 11:07:50 pm

Blow it out of your arse, if you want to support sh*te games in recognition of sh*te clubs thats up to you, but maybe you should take into account that Hibernian were the first British club to play in the European cup, lets have a game for them, Or Spurs who were the first English club to win a European Trophy, lets have a game for them! Not some up your arse club who have only won 2  European cups in 50 years! Forest have a better European cups per years in Europe ratio than them bas**rds! But thats just my opinion.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #14: Feb 14, 2007 11:35:56 pm

I think you'll find that the "moaning" is about the timing of the game. Charity games are all well and good out of season. But if it means one of our key players picking up an injury at a key time of the season, I think I've got every right to have a moan!!
      And nevermind we should be proud. We are always proud! It's Europe who should be proud and honoured to have two of the best players around grace that team.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #15: Feb 15, 2007 12:37:06 am
      Hmm interesting reading all of your comments guys.
      One question is it on the telly?
      Cy
      Reply #16: Feb 15, 2007 11:13:56 am
      Smigger : Even if it was a charity game for us?..I doubt so.

Crazy horse : It's your right to use such language but that just show how limited your vocabulary is..It's for charity, I'm allowed to my opinion, and LIKE I SAID NONE OF CARRA OR STEVIE HAVE to play the game, IT IS NOT COMPULSORY, they choose to do so, so who is to blame if you have to blame someone then?..

If they pick up an injury I woudln't be happy off course I wouldn't, but injury can happen anytime on any pitch so claiming that it WILL happen on this game the odds are not very good!

The only good point in your response is from redkenny which point out the timing of the game, I agree with that, but once again no-one is forcing CARRA and Stevie to play! it's their choice.

Don't get me wrong I'm a Liverpool fan indeed, but let's be real about this and not childish about a game who yes : The timing is no where good...but the money from that game could make the difference in the lifes of many..nevermind someone close to us.

And to make things even clearer, this game is about to mark the 50th anniversary of the signature of the Treaty of Rome that founded the modern-day European Union, not United, the fact that man united will celebrate something aswell is coincidental...but that probably pass above your head crazyhorse..

« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2007 11:20:51 am by Cy »
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #17: Feb 15, 2007 02:24:13 pm
      Cy you shouldn't comment on peoples limited vocabulary, you don't know me or how intelligent I might be. Thats getting personal. I told you to "Blow it out of your arse" because you stated previously that because the game is for Charity we should be supporting it. Well I disagree, and I don't think you should be telling people what they should and shouldn't do. I took issue with that statement in your post and for that I make no apology.
      Cy
      Reply #18: Feb 15, 2007 04:42:23 pm
      Cy you shouldn't comment on peoples limited vocabulary, you don't know me or how intelligent I might be. Thats getting personal. I told you to "Blow it out of your arse" because you stated previously that because the game is for Charity we should be supporting it. Well I disagree, and I don't think you should be telling people what they should and shouldn't do. I took issue with that statement in your post and for that I make no apology.

talking about what people should or shouldn't do, quote : I shouldn't comment on vocabulary?..hummm.

It is far to be personal, you make it so. I'm also allowed to my opinion and all the idea that the game is because of United only is just wrong, because it isn't,it is to mark the 50th anniversary of the signature of the Treaty of Rome . I make no apology to pointed out insults, it is disgraceful, can you express something without it? Once again it is not personal, but _blow it up your arse_ looks to me that it is directed to me as your responding to my post so how different can it be?

Now, let's stop it there,  let's get the facts before to shout, insulting and moan.
      It's your choice to support that game or not, that is why I say "should" and not "have to".

Now to answer to Court LFC, I couldn't find anything if it is on TV so I guess not. If someone can confirm that...

« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2007 06:46:09 pm by Cy »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #19: Feb 15, 2007 05:23:57 pm
      Smigger : Even if it was a charity game for us?..I doubt so.

Crazy horse : It's your right to use such language but that just show how limited your vocabulary is..It's for charity, I'm allowed to my opinion, and LIKE I SAID NONE OF CARRA OR STEVIE HAVE to play the game, IT IS NOT COMPULSORY, they choose to do so, so who is to blame if you have to blame someone then?..

If they pick up an injury I woudln't be happy off course I wouldn't, but injury can happen anytime on any pitch so claiming that it WILL happen on this game the odds are not very good!

The only good point in your response is from redkenny which point out the timing of the game, I agree with that, but once again no-one is forcing CARRA and Stevie to play! it's their choice.

Don't get me wrong I'm a Liverpool fan indeed, but let's be real about this and not childish about a game who yes : The timing is no where good...but the money from that game could make the difference in the lifes of many..nevermind someone close to us.

And to make things even clearer, this game is about to mark the 50th anniversary of the signature of the Treaty of Rome that founded the modern-day European Union, not United, the fact that man united will celebrate something aswell is coincidental...but that probably pass above your head crazyhorse..

Even if it was a charity game for us, then yes, i'd still object....there's a time and place for everything and a f*cking charity game mid season v manc sh*te isnt one of them !!    >:D
      banksiemagic
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #20: Feb 15, 2007 06:31:28 pm
      Banksie wonders if he should hand out a pair of handbags to Cy & Crazy Horse?!!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #21: Feb 15, 2007 08:36:20 pm
      Banksie wonders if he should hand out a pair of handbags to Cy & Crazy Horse?!!

:laughing-smiley-014:
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #22: Feb 15, 2007 08:45:35 pm
      A few points 1)yes I agree it could have been organized at another time rather than the 13th march ,
      2) players could pick up injuries from both sides,a worry for all managers who have players in the game
      3)And finally if it is for charity then maybe some one will benefit
      The points I have made have probably taken into account by all concerned before this match was organized and lets not forget Can you really see Cara and Stevie G bust a gut to block or making that last ditch tackle,I can if they were playing for us but not a match that come what may as no influence on any league or cup
      We have all seen charity games  and most are played in a friendly manner
      These are just my opinions and looking at some of the post before do we really have to argue among our selves
      Thought this forum is about debate  and opinions different ones at that?

Quick Reply