Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

It's Our Time.... SO BACK OFF!

Read 2064 times
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      It's Our Time.... SO BACK OFF!
      Jun 17, 2009 03:59:12 pm
      When you build, you have a few options.  You can use your skill, resources and knowledge to nurture talent.  Knowing that you made it.  Its your work and something you will be proud of.  Or you can just use the good old Ā£Ā£Ā£.  Your squad wont be as deep or connected but hey, they all have winners medals, a few quid in the pot and youā€™re the ā€œinā€ club of the moment.  I donā€™t know about you guys but after so many years of nothing this for me is our greatest squad of the last 20 years.  It hasnt come easy, weā€™ve had to put up with mediocre signings, mediocre players, mediocre managers and a mediocre board.  Players that didnā€™t deserve to wear the shirt were the guys coming on trying to steal a point or a win against a much lesser side.  We were tired.  Same old - same old, from tactics to possession.  Watching the team you love go out of cups in embarrassment to part time teams and turn to a side that would settle happily for 4th or 5th in the horror times of the 90's.

Then all of a sudden, 5 years ago it started to change.  Players were brought in ā€“ with sensible heads and a sensible market value.  Weā€™re not a side who have just spent spent spent (COUGH Real COUGH Chelsea)

Fair enough there have been some bad eggs along the way, players who donā€™t believe in Liverpool FC or just couldnā€™t grasp the rough and tumble of the fast paced English game.  We have got rid of these guys and learnt from our mistakes.

You can taste victory, after a long time out of the picture you can actually feel the squad becoming world class.  

But with everything that you adore, it almost always turns sour.

People donā€™t like us.  People hate the fact we are a major power again.  Every week same rumours, ā€œRafaā€™s goingā€ ā€œTorres is goingā€ blah blah blah.  Just leave us alone.  Rafa has built this club what it is, 4 points off the Mancs last year just shows how far we have come from.  

The point of this rant is due to the recent string of bottomless pocketed clubs trying to lure our guys over to their crappy leagues with whatever it takes.  The new situation regarding Xabi, Masch, Arby, Pepe etc just makes me hate the actual business of football.  

Leave them alone.  

There ours.  

We made them who they are with our training, our ideas and our love for the game.  If I hear another "xxxxx in talks with Real" im going to scream.  

Shove your loaned cash up your arses and stop stealing talent from us.

(But give us a few quid for Babel)   :laugh:
      « Last Edit: Jun 17, 2009 05:10:31 pm by Reslivo, Reason: Amended title. »
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Re: Its Our Time.... SO BACK OF
      Reply #1: Jun 17, 2009 04:46:40 pm
      Very well said matey. It really is a crying shame that it is all about the money. Let's hope all our players stay loyal and do not see it that way.
      Perfect example being a certain Fernando Torres. Legend.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Reply #2: Jun 17, 2009 04:55:42 pm
      Transfer talk seems to get worse and worse every year.  It's been a hard graft but I am sure Benitez will not sell anyone he doesn't want to.  Even if the players moan and throw their toys out their pram.  I reckon he is oblivious to all that nonsense anyway.

Even if Alonso was having his head turned I can imagine Benitez saying

'You're not going anywhere. Your price is Ā£300 billion. See you at pre-season training.'

And that is exactly the right response.  It's a shame that footballers now, in the majority, are more interested in making their millions than writing their names in to history.  Something needs to be done about players salaries and urgently because it is completely out of control. 
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #3: Jun 17, 2009 05:08:01 pm
      If i were a player and i played for the mighty LFC, i would never leave.  Not becuase im a fan but because i would know im in something that is (and is going to be) very special.

Anyone who asked for a transfer from our beautiful club doesnt deserve to be on the books.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #4: Jun 17, 2009 05:08:47 pm
      True that ^^^
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,476 posts | 4594 
      Re: It's Our Time.... SO BACK OFF!
      Reply #5: Jun 17, 2009 05:40:13 pm
      apparentley liverpool fc only offered gareth barry (60,000) per week.
      ONLY!
      greedy w**ker.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #6: Jun 17, 2009 05:44:41 pm
      It is surprising how many players seem to play for only money. I think Barry must have been on Ā£2mil plus at Villa so hw is hardly poor by anyones standards.If you were not able to play for your local team but managed to play for one of the biggest teams in the World why would you want to leave.It is a relatively short career and will still be young enough to do many other things when you retire including living where you want to.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Reply #7: Jun 17, 2009 05:47:57 pm
      It is surprising how many players seem to play for only money. I think Barry must have been on Ā£2mil plus at Villa so hw is hardly poor by anyones standards.If you were not able to play for your local team but managed to play for one of the biggest teams in the World why would you want to leave.It is a relatively short career and will still be young enough to do many other things when you retire including living where you want to.

Barry is a bang on case in point.  All the talk of wanting Champions League football? Disappeared when the chequebooks came out.

Lucas Neill - remember him. Turned down the reds to play for West Ham cos they were offering more money.  There is not a huge lifestyle change from earning Ā£60K or Ā£80K a week.

It's just pure filthy greed. 
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,476 posts | 4594 
      Reply #8: Jun 17, 2009 05:54:32 pm
      the same source who told me about gareth barry has also told me that glen johnson could be of to man city,purelly of the wage's that they offer.
      had daniel sturridge in my shop today and he said said he was off to chelsea again money talks,but they are negotiating a development fee.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #9: Jun 17, 2009 06:06:09 pm
      This post echoes my sentiments exactly ! what's the fun in getting the cheque book out to buy the titles? might just as well get a playstation game if that's the case ,Rafa seems to have the right mentality with his players and it will rub off ,we have players from overseas that WANT  to play for Liverpool fc ,now that's the right attitude, and for the people that want only money from the game ....we don't want you
      TNAwrestling
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts |
      • Cross The Line
      Reply #10: Jun 17, 2009 06:13:47 pm

Even if Alonso was having his head turned I can imagine Benitez saying

'You're not going anywhere. Your price is Ā£300 billion. See you at pre-season training.'

The spanish government would sell the country to fund it the move for Madrid
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #11: Jun 17, 2009 06:24:59 pm
      Wow imagine if they offered even 300 million, what we could do with that. Hehe.
      james08kop
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -2 
      Reply #12: Jun 17, 2009 06:43:35 pm
      apparentley liverpool fc only offered gareth barry (60,000) per week.
      ONLY!
      greedy w**ker.
      60,000 a week most people dont see that in there life time... pure greed
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #13: Jun 17, 2009 08:03:16 pm
      Indeed.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #14: Jun 17, 2009 08:35:25 pm
      To let any player into our who is only doing it for the money is out of order. I would rather let them go somewhere else if they weren't keen to pull on the red shirt with pride and respect for what's gone before.

Quick Reply